Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Advice Needed Urgently - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Needed Urgently (629 Views)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / 70k Job In Abuja: Advice Needed! / Advice Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Urgently by Tanimola26: 11:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Good day Nairalanders. I need your advice on this issue. I'm a graduate. Completed my Youth service in 2014. I've been teaching in a primary school where I earn #1900 without transport cox it very close to my place. I still engage in extra lesson where I earn an additional 5K making d total for d month 24K. Bt I recently got an offer on d Island with 45K as monthly take away. From my calculation I'll b spending close to #800 a day for transport and feeding. For a month that's close to 20K. From what I see it going to b a stressful work. My question is should I leave the teaching job nd take dis new offer. Matured answers please.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2015
You earn 24k with ease, now you are contemplating of quiting because of 25k(45-20) with stress. You don't need advice man.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by oshdam2015: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2015
You can continue the teaching job if you want a career in teaching. But if the new job relates to the career path u want to follow, I will advise you consider taking it. Although it might be stressful but it is worth taking up.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by solarview(m): 11:21am On Nov 24, 2015
1) Pray for divine direction.
2) Listen to your inner self...
3) The Key is... Work is much more about; prospect for career growth and the value that you can add than the pay at the starting.
Thanks and think wisely. God bless you in Jesus name.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by tse1v1(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2015
IF YOU LOVE THE TEACHING JOB THEN YOU CAN STICK TO IT, ITS NOT ABOUT THE 45K ITS ABOUT LOVING THE JOB YOU DO
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by ify84(m): 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Enjoy ur primary school jaree,
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by ajasa4link: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
If the 45k job is in line with your career path, I advise u simply go for it because the job experience you will gather there will be much more than the money being paid and it will act as a stepping stone for you. As a fresher in the job market,what matters most is the experience not the cash. However if u sit with the 24k teaching job,it will not provide u that needed career growth u want except u want to be a professionl teacher.

On a lighter note, there is more to working in an office in terms of money( u know petty cash, free lunch atimes when birthdays are celebrated,etc grin)
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Tanimola26: 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Tnx for all the comment. Bt the truth is I feel teaching in primary school doesn't add any value to me though I intend becoming a lecture and d new job isn't really what I wanted. I love production bt dis job isn't about production.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Nanny - (apply Now!) / 7 Vacancies Opened At MRS African Conglomerate / Sales Person Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.