Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Food Supplements Business In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Food Supplements Business In Nigeria (2580 Views)

Top Food Supplements / Life Balance - Health Living With Natural Supplements / Fertility Supplements From GNLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food Supplements Business In Nigeria by Anita1875(f): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
I want to assume every average Nigerian must have at one point or the other had an encounter with (or at least see) people advertising and selling food supplements.
For those who haven’t or don’t really know if they have, food supplements are those drug-like products you see companies like GNLD, KEDI, SWISSGARDE, ALLIANCE e.t.c
Before we go too far, I will like to tell you the bit I know about food supplements.

What are food supplements?
I will like to define each of the words separately.
FOOD
Wordweb android mobile dictionary defines food as any solid substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give strength and build tissue.

Supplements
Supplements are things added to the existent ones in order to make up for deficiencies.

Food supplements can therefore be simply defined as substances taken in order to make up for food deficiencies in the human body.

The above definition is most definitely going to give rise to controversies in that you may begin to start thinking: I don’t need food supplements because I always eat enough food.
I stand to dispute such thought though and I strongly believe you will agree with me by the time you are through with this article.

Why Do We Need Food Supplements?
I think you will agree with me that the world as a whole is experiencing development and advancement in technology at a very fast pace. Each this various facets of developments comes with a challenge of it’s own.
Due to high density of companies and manufacturing plants, some parts of the world already experience acid rain and global warming is no longer a strange word as well.
Lagos, Nigeria for example which happens to be the economic nerve center and the commercial capital (as people call it) of Nigeria has a very high density of companies, factories and manufacturing firms. These companies release a very high level of harmful waste products into their host community (Lagos) everyday. These waste may come as Carbon monoxide CO, sewage, sulphur e.t.c.
The harmful gasses emitted by those companies are inhaled daily by people. The liquid wastes are very likely going to find the ways into the very many water bodies and probably into the belly of an average Lagosian (Lagos residents). These wastes also generate toxins in the aquatic bodies.
Development has also hit the agriculture sector as most farmers now rely on fertilizers for better farm yields. The application of fertilizers to boost crops growth denies us of the nutrients we could have gotten from the natural plants and veggies because what we consume are now partly chemicals (fertilizers) and partly food.
Wild life also cannot be trusted to provide sufficient vitamins and minerals needed by man to keep fit because of dangerous diseases such as Ebola that were discovered in monkeys. The fear of Ebola they say is the beginning of wisdom.
Birds also have challenges of their own (bird flu) and purchasing a chicken from a poultry is also not the best option because poultry birds are usually grown with special feed which boost their growths and constitute fat.

With all the above, you will agree with me that our chances at really quality nutritional food are very slim.
This is where food supplements come in; to help make up for the deficiencies. The help provide the body with augmentation of needed vitamins and minerals.

Below are frequently asked questions and answers concerning food supplements.
QUESTION: Are food supplements drugs?
ANS: NO! They are all natural substances formed in the right proportions into capsules or tablets.
QUESTION: Can I use them in place of drugs?
ANS: NO! Food supplements are not designed to serve as replacement for drugs and are also not meant to treatment of any ailment
QUESTION: why do marketers recommend food supplements for treatment of ills?
ANS: Most health challenges are caused by the body’s deficiencies in important vitamins. Fixing those deficiency issues will likely solve the problem.

I sincerely agree that we need food supplements in one way or the other in order to enjoy smooth running of our body system. However, there are some issues that now makes people not want to hear the word “supplement” talk more of “food supplements”.
The major reason for this sudden hatred is not unconnected to the way and manner in which most food supplements marketers carry out their marketing with no consideration whatsoever of the people who suffer consequences for such actions.

Just last week, an intimate friend of mine was disturbing seriously to follow him to a “life changing seminar”. On getting to the venue of the said “seminar”, the speakers took turns in downplaying the idea of working as a salary earner and I agreed with them because I never really liked the idea of working to earn salaries. The talk got to a head when they started downplaying the idea of self-employment as well. I became confused (If I don’t work for anybody and I don’t work for myself, how then do I make money?). I became curious to hear what the “magic” solution to money making would be.
However, I became disappointed when the speaker finally introduced us to “networking”; talking gibberish about us having to register with over Ten thousand naira then we collect supplements, sell them, recruit new marketers. I had to leave the classroom which served as makeshift conference hall for the seminar.
I thought I had seen it all but I got a shocker when I shared my story with a friend of mine. He simply said “better thank God because your case is better”. He then went ahead to narrate his brother’s ordeals in the hand of these supplements marketers. In his words “My brother (a fresh graduate) saw a job advert online and decided to apply. He was very happy when he received a text message a day after submitting his application stating that he should come for interview. He travelled from Abuja to Lagos for the interview just to arrive the supposed venue for his purported accountant job interview and find that he was actually invited to attend a “brainwashing” seminar by food supplements marketers. Feeling scammed, he went to the nearest police station to file a report for the inhumane attitude of the marketers and they were arrested”
I then began to wonder the reason for the high level of desperation and inhumanity exhibited by these supplements marketers just to sell their products.

In my own opinion, the business is not really as lucrative as made to look. You are always on the road, talking for hours with a view to convincing them to join you in the “slavery” (sorry business) or buy your products. At the end of the day, you get little return for your hard labour while the company owners get the best out of it.
http://www.profsomebody.com/2015/10/06/food-supplements-business-in-nigeria/
Re: Food Supplements Business In Nigeria by Jandedmart: 6:33am On Mar 04, 2020
Restored eyesight - Improve your eyesight -Glaucoma Cure Permanently- Permanent Cure for Cataract -

Use Vision Vitale Capsule (Chinese Herbal Supplement -

ORDER NOW -Call 09025769254 or Whatsapp 07033035160

Key Benefits of vision vitale Capsule

- cures eye sight loss, myopia, macular degeneration and retintis pigmentosa

- improves night vision, eye strain and repair eye damage

protects against age related problems like cataract, macular degeneration

- protects against diabetic retinopathy

- 20-20 vision secured

Almost two million Nigerians suffer with diminished vision but studies suggest it is possible to slow or prevent damage.

According to optometrists, there are many ways to improve eyesight, from vision exercises to a better diet.

Those who may benefit most from taking eye supplements are those in early thirties to old age..

Capsules containing Vitamin C and E as well as omega-3, lutein and zeaxanthin may help protect the eye from age-related disorders.

One in ten people aged between 35 to 75 and one in three over 75 develop age-related macular degeneration, which can result in blindness.

(1) (Reply)

Why Yellow Coloured Urine After Eating Noddle's? / The End Of The Road, I Am Committing Suicide / Any Effect Of Mixing Sugar + Salt + Milk While Drinking Garri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.