Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,452 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigerian Science/technology - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Science/technology (3266 Views)

Black Panther And African Science, Technology, Engineering, Math / Science/technology / Was Ancient Times Science/technology More Advanced Than Today's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 3:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
This has been disturbing my thought since, after four yrs of studying physics nd astronomy, reading journals, I'm compelled to believe that NIGERIA DOES HAVE A SCIENCE.I will be presenting my reasons one at a time. I just pray that the moderators;lalasticlala and the rest of my ogas at d top would move this thread to the front page for reactions from learned gentlemen and ladies in this great forum. Back to the topic: I have looked at somethings happening in Nigeria and compared them to d doctrines of science and technology from the west and I have this reasons to believe that we do have a science. permit me to say that THE ONLY PROBLEM OF NIGERIA SCIENCE is that it LACKS MATHEMATICAL backups and as such, reproducing and mass distributing it is only limited to a particular unicorns per say. with all this introduction, let me state my reasons and like I said, its one at a time . FIRSTLY: I have looked at the issue of people chasing us from the village? if this is true den I must say they is a science behind it. how can someone in the village cause a wealthy and successful business mogul in US to come back with polythene bag? in physics, one of d current discoveries of quantum mechanics is the ability to travel through space and time. it means that one can move from Enugu to US without moving through a car of flight. our witchcraft started doing this since time immemorial, why then did we allow our technology to be given a negative name and we even accepted it. instead of looking for a way to mass produce it or even to deduce a mathematical backup for it, we even pray against it. I believe that if we do the needful to this science we can use this science to our advantage. let me read some reactions. I SINCERELY DEDICATE THIS POST TO LALASTICLALA AND SEUN
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Madmathecian(m): 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
So you think(or believe) those unsubstantiated rumours and superstitions about witches are real?
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
Madmathecian:
So you think(or believe) those unsubstantiated rumours and superstitions about witches are real?
sir, I have seen them work. even d small occult groups we hav in secondary schools and the secret fraternities. if u hav nt experienced it, make enquiries and ur grandmother may educate u. Am a Christian sir, so do not think otherwise
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
mrphysics:
sir, I have seen them work. even d small occult groups we hav in secondary schools and the secret fraternities. if u hav nt experienced it, make enquiries and ur grandmother may educate u. Am a Christian sir, so do not think otherwise

Right. so, now you have postulated that it is possible to move a body which is not subject to quantum mechanics, through space and time by using electron tunneling. while completely ignoring the particles which do not tunnel. like baryons. for example, protons.

you have absolutely no proof of this, and it is in direct violation of special relativity. which dictates that no information, including a human body, can travel faster than the speed of light.

where is your mathematical description of this apparent miraculous exception to the entire stack of physics laws?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2015
Teempakguy:

Right. so, now you have postulated that it is possible to move a body which is not subject to quantum mechanics, through space and time by using electron tunneling. while completely ignoring the particles which do not tunnel. like baryons. for example, protons.

you have absolutely no proof of this, and it is in direct violation of special relativity. which dictates that no information, including a human body, can travel faster than the speed of light.

where is your mathematical description of this apparent miraculous exception to the entire stack of physics laws?
sir, I am not talking about tunneling, hope u understand d concept of tunneling?? tunneling is the ability of a particle to penetrate a potential barrier where ordinarily it wouldn't have penetrated, we see the concept of tunneling everywhere, in super conductivity, graphene. Now you mentioned special theory of relativity, let me quickly remind you that when we talk of relativity, we may be talking of macro world, where we get time dilation, length contraction and the rest, but here is quantu mechanics, very small and research is showing us that we can get speed greater than that of light, these are just theories, proven theories. Now what I put up there is not about tunneling, its about quantum entanglement. you enter a quantum machine here in Enugu and you appear in another quantum machine in Lagos, without passing through space and time. just like I said in my post, the only thing our Science lacks is the MATHEMATICAL proves of our theories which I know that we commitment and dedication we can do it and the westerners will buy our technology
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2015
The problem there is, mysticism and secrecy follow these occults and their powers, if they have any. How do you expect me to study what I cannot access, what people speak about with fear, and what people pin all their sorrows, troubles and pains on; which is defininetly not the cause of it.undecided
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
SirWere:
The problem there is, mysticism and secrecy follow these occults and their powers, if they have any. How do you expect me to study what I cannot access, what people speak about with fear, and what people pin all their sorrows, troubles and pains on; which is defininetly not the cause of it.undecided
I concur, but I still believe they is a science behind it. everything physicists and other scientists are doing is just mystical but backup with mathematical proofs
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
mrphysics:
I concur, but I still believe they is a science behind it. everything physicists and other scientists are doing is just mystical but backup with mathematical proofs
True, but since the whole damn thing has been mysticized and cloaked in secrecy to the point where one cannot tell when Legend ends and truth begins, one cannot as much as glance at it.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
SirWere:
True, but since the whole damn thing has been mysticized and cloaked in secrecy to the point where one cannot tell when Legend ends and truth begins, one cannot as much as glance at it.
meaning we should continue to rely on western science?? do you know what china did? they embraced the western education and mixed it with their culture and today they are doing great. if not that they is enough pressure mounted on their economy by their ever growing population, we would have seen how great the country really is. I have reasons why I believe we have what I call AFRIACAN SCIENCE
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
mrphysics:
sir, I am not talking about tunneling, hope u understand d concept of tunneling?? tunneling is the ability of a particle to penetrate a potential barrier where ordinarily it wouldn't have penetrated, we see the concept of tunneling everywhere, in super conductivity, graphene. Now you mentioned special theory of relativity, let me quickly remind you that when we talk of relativity, we may be talking of macro world, where we get time dilation, length contraction and the rest, but here is quantu mechanics, very small and research is showing us that we can get speed greater than that of light, these are just theories, proven theories. Now what I put up there is not about tunneling, its about quantum entanglement. you enter a quantum machine here in Enugu and you appear in another quantum machine in Lagos, without passing through space and time. just like I said in my post, the only thing our Science lacks is the MATHEMATICAL proves of our theories which I know that we commitment and dedication we can do it and the westerners will buy our technology
okay, I'm just seeing this.

so.

you think quantum entanglement can provide speeds above that of light? how is that even possible? quantum entanglement only transmits particle behaviour instanteously. you can't even transmit information beyond light speed. not to talk of bodies of matter.

anyway, it's not in my place to discourage you. i'm eagerly expecting your research paper. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2015
Teempakguy:

so.

you think quantum entanglement can provide speeds above that of light? how is that even possible? quantum entanglement only transmits particle behaviour instanteously. you can't even transmit information beyond light speed. not to talk of bodies of matter.

anyway, it's not in my place to discourage you. i'm eagerly expecting your research paper. wink
you still don't understand the concept of speed of light, and bringing it up now may derail the topic. currently, nothing travels faster than light. but scientists still believe that we may get to a speed even twice faster than that of light, we are so optimistic about that sir, but before scientists gets there, we discovered that the "NIGERIAN SCIENCE OR EVEN AFRICA technology moves beyond that speed. a process we have termed mystery. how can we get a mathematical proof of the science remains the $1million dollar question.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2015
Teempakguy:

so.

Also, if the concept of quantum entanglement is realised practically, then we have no option than to submit to the fact that they is a speed beyond d speed of light. my own proof of the existence of heaven is the fact that the distance from us to heaven demands that we move faster than light, and that is why we die for our soul which travel million times greater than light to get to that heaven. its in agreement to the fact that for us to get to the neighbouring planets or even stars faster, den we need speeds greater than light. we r moving
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
mrphysics:
you still don't understand the concept of speed of light, and bringing it up now may derail the topic. currently, nothing travels faster than light. but scientists still believe that we may get to a speed even twice faster than that of light, we are so optimistic about that sir, but before scientists gets there, we discovered that the "NIGERIAN SCIENCE OR EVEN AFRICA technology moves beyond that speed. a process we have termed mystery. how can we get a mathematical proof of the science remains the $1million dollar question.
LOL. so i now, i don't know how light works.
okay. it is well.

but you should know how science works. one does not simply make speculations without backing them up with justifications. mostly mathematical, and at least a way to test the process. you have just presented a non-falsifiable claim. which is not scientific. the question now remains, what do you want us to do?

The hadron collider has given us proof. over and over again. of how superluminal speed is impossible with normal matter. what ever else you achieve is not speed. as you will be bending space. kindly read on alcubierre drive.

mrphysics:
Also, if the concept of quantum entanglement is realised practically, then we have no option than to submit to the fact that they is a speed beyond d speed of light. my own proof of the existence of heaven is the fact that the distance from us to heaven demands that we move faster than light, and that is why we die for our soul which travel million times greater than light to get to that heaven. its in agreement to the fact that for us to get to the neighbouring planets or even stars faster, den we need speeds greater than light. we r moving

LOL. I'll show this post to some Physics professors and elite physicists and we'll see what we can do about it. smiley
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
mrphysics:
okay. it is well.

but you should know how science works. one does not simply make speculations without backing them up with justifications. mostly mathematical, and at least a way to test the process. you have just presented a non-falsifiable claim. which is not scientific. the question now remains, what do you want us to do?

The hadron collider has given us proof. over and over again. of how superluminal speed is possible with normal matter. what ever else you achieve is not speed. as you will be bending space. kindly read on alcubierre drive.

mrphysics:

LOL. I'll show this post to some Physics professors and elite physicists and we'll see what we can do about it. smiley
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
okay. it is well.

The hadron collider has given us proof. over and over again. of how superluminal speed is possible with normal matter. what ever else you achieve is not speed. as you will be bending space. kindly read on alcubierre drive.

thank you sir. what we need is mathematical proof of our science .
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Madmathecian(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
mrphysics:
thank you sir. what we need is mathematical proof of our science .

Really disappointed. A graduate of physics that believes witches are real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 6:28am On Nov 28, 2015
Madmathecian:

Really disappointed. A graduate of physics that believes witches are real.
you really don't need to, it's just an observation. personally, I have seen the handiwork of all this kind of people, not in my life, but peoples own. my grandfather is also a member of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, my question is, if all this things are real, then, we only need mathematical proofs of their working principles
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Madmathecian(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2015
mrphysics:

you really don't need to, it's just an observation. personally, I have seen the handiwork of all this kind of people, not in my life, but peoples own. my grandfather is also a member of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, my question is, if all this things are real, then, we only need mathematical proofs of their working principles

So you have not seen any of them in real life yet you believe they are real? And your only evidence or reason is mere rumours spread by schmucks in your village?.

I suggest you start reading books, from Psychology, Neuroscience, and Philosophy, and then you'll understand why doctors, philosophers and Psychologists will never take you serious if you start to blab about seeing ghosts.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 01, 2015
So, I posted mrphysics Ideas on to quora, a platform where the smartest of the smartests gather, and so far, I've recieved these responses. embarassed

Alex sergeev, who has a degree in physics and is currently doing his PhD had this to say.
You're quite right to call it gibberish. I can see a few possibilities here.

1. They're just lying.

Not everybody has the credentials they claim to have, especially on the Internet. Some people spout nonsense just for the fun of it, to see if they can fluster other people.

2. They have no physics degree, but think they do.

Mental illness is terrifying.

3. They did get a physics degree, but they are no longer sound of mind.

See above.

4. They somehow made it through a physics program without actually absorbing any of the knowledge.

Some people jump through the hoops in front of them as a matter of practicality, but don't actually believe any of the things they're taught, and instead think that their own ideas are infallible.

Regardless of which of the four options it actually is (or maybe even something else!), you should not trust this person as a source of physics knowledge.

Also, to clarify: the light-speed limit is local: nothing can pass by you at faster than light speed. Because of the way matter and energy warp spacetime, a distant observer may register a speed that's faster than light (e.g., if the light is traveling through a region of space that's less gravitationally time-dilated than they are).

Another clarification: it's information, or things that could potentially carry information, that can't travel faster than light. But a shadow, or the dot of a laser pointer, can certainly "move" across a surface faster than light, because no physical thing is actually moving at that speed. Ditto for the "phase velocity" of light, which is allowed to be greater than

He was being lenient. another, Which goes by the name, Charles Jack, Said this.

He is wrong. He is either lying or deluded. Scientists certainly do not "still believe that we may get to a speed even twice faster than that of light". Such a statement is utter nonsense, and anyone who understood science would know that.
His credentials ("physics graduate"wink don't matter at all. What matters is the veracity of his claims. And his claims are garbage.

At this point, you have been refuted by both logic, evidence, and authority. And it's kind of Sad, to me, that sergeev's points are actually true for the majority of Nigerian students. It is very saddening to me indeed.

the link to that question and the replies, https://www.quora.com/Physics/What-do-I-make-of-what-this-physicist-told-me

johnydon22, hahn, dekatron, and madmathecian.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Teempakguy:
So, I posted mrphysics Ideas on to quora, a platform where the smartest of the smartests gather, and so far, I've recieved these responses. embarassed

Alex sergeev, who has a degree in physics and is currently doing his PhD had this to say.

At this point, you have been refuted by both logic, evidence, and authority. And it's kind of Sad, to me, that sergeev's points are actually true for the majority of Nigerian students. It is very saddening to me indeed.

the link to that question and the replies, https://www.quora.com/Physics/What-do-I-make-of-what-this-physicist-told-me

he has said his opinion but yet he didn't say anything countering my words. let me remind you of what I said, I said CURRENTLY we have no speed greater than that of light but we are very optimistic that one day we will get to that speed. it remains true and for him to tell you that we may not get to such speed, I doubt his own physics knowledge
meanwhile I got this from TECH TIMES, its just an excerpts

"[b] A team at NASA may have unintentionally accelerated particles to faster-than-light speeds while using the EmDrive resonance chamber - basically, if their findings turn out to be accurate, the team may have just discovered faster-than-light travel.
To clarify, the EmDrive resonance chamber is a proposed method of interstellar propulsion: basically, this could end up being the engines that the starships of the future use. The advantages of using such a device are numerous: it's electrically powered, it features no moving parts and doesn't require any material fuel to move. If it ends up working as planned, there's a good chance that it could lead to a new breed of engine.
NASA is currently studying the technology for future applications, but few expected anything like this to happen: according to a post over at the
NASA Space Flight forums , when a team of researchers fired lasers into the resonance chamber, the particles were accelerated to astronomical speeds...with some moving even faster than the speed of light.
"...this signature (the interference pattern) on the EmDrive looks just like what a warp bubble looks like. And the math behind the warp bubble apparently matches the interference pattern found in the EmDrive."
So, what does this mean? Well, it's entirely possible that NASA just created a 'warp bubble,' - while that sounds like something out a bad episode of Star Trek, it could also lead to a huge advancement in space travel technology. Traveling the distance between Earth and our neighboring planet Mars is still a one-way trip using conventional methods, but if the EmDrive were able to create something like a stable warp bubble and faster-than-light travel became a reality, that may no longer be the case.[/b]

like I said sir, the community of researchers are doing their best to get to that speed, here in Nigeria, IF THIS WITCHCRAFT OR SECRET CULT ISSUES IS TRUE, IT MEANS THAT WE MAY HAVE THAT SPEED. like your friend said, NO PHYSICAL elements or particle ..... we may perhaps be moving spiritual. am still learning, but tell him to get to my question
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Teempakguy:

I got this from TECH TIMES
A team at NASA may have unintentionally accelerated particles to faster-than-light speeds while using the EmDrive resonance chamber - basically, if their findings turn out to be accurate, the team may have just discovered faster-than-light travel.
To clarify, the EmDrive resonance chamber is a proposed method of interstellar propulsion: basically, this could end up being the engines that the starships of the future use. The advantages of using such a device are numerous: it's electrically powered, it features no moving parts and doesn't require any material fuel to move. If it ends up working as planned, there's a good chance that it could lead to a new breed of engine.
NASA is currently studying the technology for future applications, but few expected anything like this to happen: according to a post over at the
NASA Space Flight forums , when a team of researchers fired lasers into the resonance chamber, the particles were accelerated to astronomical speeds...with some moving even faster than the speed of light.
"...this signature (the interference pattern) on the EmDrive looks just like what a warp bubble looks like. And the math behind the warp bubble apparently matches the interference pattern found in the EmDrive."
So, what does this mean? Well, it's entirely possible that NASA just created a 'warp bubble,' - while that sounds like something out a bad episode of Star Trek, it could also lead to a huge advancement in space travel technology. Traveling the distance between Earth and our neighboring planet Mars is still a one-way trip using conventional methods, but if the EmDrive were able to create something like a stable warp bubble and faster-than-light travel became a reality, that may no longer be the case.

www.techtimes.com/articles/49360/20150428/nasa-may-have-accidentally-discovered-faster-than-light-travel.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2015
TEEMPAKGUY

I love your boldness, my point that you have refused yo understand is that, am not saying the speed of light have been reached, but we are optimistic that we will get there, WHOEVER THAT TELL YOU ITS IMPOSSIBLE may perhaps be in the era of 1800 where physicist thought that everything about physics and its laws have been discovered yet they still have lacuna that classic physics could not talk about.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2015
I love your boldness, my point that you have refused yo understand is that, am not saying the speed of light have been reached, but we are optimistic that we will get there, WHOEVER THAT TELL YOU ITS IMPOSSIBLE may perhaps be in the era of 1800 where physicist thought that everything about physics and its laws have been discovered yet they still have lacuna that classic physics could not talk about.

tell him that the fact I believe on the possibility of speed greater than light and he does not do not in anyway make him a better physicist.

he is focusing on the now and am focusing on the next.

why are you asking me mathematical proof when you read on my post that what our science if it exist is mathematical proof, don't you read it??

if you are a physicist, tell me your view, if you are not, then get in.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by hahn(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2015
mrphysics:
TEEMPAKGUY

Look, since teem invited me here I am sure he is aware that I am not an genius but common sense should point out from your posts that you are NOT a scientist of any sort.

Before this post can be taken seriously, I would advice you start by doing the following:

1. Observe: You have already done this

FIRSTLY: I have looked at the issue of people chasing us from the village? if this is true den I must say they is a science behind it. how can someone in the village cause a wealthy and successful business mogul in US to come back with polythene bag?

This is only an observation. I'd advice you also read up on business principles and I recommend "Jim Collins: How the mighty fall". If top multinational companies are become bankrupt there is really nothing stopping anyone else from losing his or her wealth. Mind you, there are cases like this all over the world. You need to read more about life.

2. Carry out an experiment: Go to your village and seek this power from any top babalawo there, record(secretly if need be) the whole experience till when the power has been bestowed on you, the various rituals you have to go through etc. Then, contact teempakguy, turn on the video camera at your end and he'll do the same at his end then you can "appear" at his location. Then you will have to do so again at a gathering of intellectuals by disappearing from the from the front to the back.

Till then i'd advice you stop referring to yourself as a scientist because this your claim would sound silly to a primary 3 student undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 8:41am On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:

Look, since teem invited me here I am sure he is aware that I am not an genius but common sense should point out from your posts that you are NOT a scientist of any sort.

Before this post can be taken seriously, I would advice you start by doing the following:

1. Observe: You have already done this

This is only an observation. I'd advice you also read up on business principles and I recommend "Jim Collins: How the mighty fall". If top multinational companies are become bankrupt there is really nothing stopping anyone else from losing his or her wealth. Mind you, there are cases like this all over the world. You need to read more about life.

2. Carry out an experiment: Go to your village and seek this power from any top babalawo there, record(secretly if need be) the whole experience till when the power has been bestowed on you, the various rituals you have to go through etc. Then, contact teempakguy, turn on the video camera at your end and he'll do the same at his end then you can "appear" at his location. Then you will have to do so again at a gathering of intellectuals by disappearing from the from the front to the back.

Till then i'd advice you stop referring to yourself as a scientist because this your claim would sound silly to a primary 3 student undecided

calm down. you need to get things right. just like I said, IF the concept of witchcraft, mystical powers and religious beliefs are true, then they exist a science there. I said in my post that what this science per say LACKS is mathematical proofs.

TEMPAKGUY is very bold, what he forgot that towards the late years of 1800, physicists like the ones he posted thought that EVERYTHING, I mean the laws of physics has been discovered yet they were things that classic mechanics could not explain.

telling me to believe that we CAN NEVER GET speed greater than that of light, well currently they is none bt I am optimistic it's possible .

the fact that he does not believe on what I believe does not make him a professor of physics and me, an elementary school pupil just like you have asserted.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by hahn(m): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2015
mrphysics:

calm down. you need to get things right. just like I said, IF the concept of witchcraft, mystical powers and religious beliefs are true, then they exist a science there. I said in my post that what this science per say LACKS is mathematical proofs.

TEMPAKGUY is very bold, what he forgot that towards the late years of 1800, physicists like the ones he posted thought that EVERYTHING, I mean the laws of physics has been discovered yet they were things that classic mechanics could not explain.

telling me to believe that we CAN NEVER GET speed greater than that of light, well currently they is none bt I am optimistic it's possible .

the fact that he does not believe on what I believe does not make him a professor of physics and me, an elementary school pupil just like you have asserted.

Brother, you need to calm down. This is nothing but an assertion. I am only advising you to prove your point. Carry out experiments, that is what makes you a scientist, and show us proof. I would really like to say many things regarding your claims but I do not have the time. Prove your point so we can stop going back and forth based on mere speculations and "if" statements.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 8:55am On Dec 01, 2015
@ Tempakguy

when making an argument, try to make your point. if you are here to prove my intelligence, I'm very sorry, I may not be as you want me to be, but be objective in this please. read my post and understand it. the fact we disagree in somethings does not make anyone better.

in our secondary school physics, students are still taught till date that diamond is the hardest know substance, but its wrong and so on. I listened to a lecture on quantum mechanics from indian institute of technology, the professor said that what we thought is wave particle duality may not be true. from 1900 till date, quantum mechanics is still referred to as a new concept. its so deep that we can't underestimate the possibilities in it . get my message to your physicist, tell him that I said that the fact we disagree in this does not make him a better physicist.

we have a whole lot of possibilities in quantum mechanics, a concept even him can not claim he understood quite well.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:

Brother, you need to calm down. This is nothing but an assertion. I am only advising you to prove your point. Carry out experiments, that is what makes you a scientist, and show us proof. I would really like to say many things regarding your claims but I do not have the time. Prove your point so we can stop going back and forth based on mere speculations and "if" statements.
I did not by my post say that I have carried out an experiment, what am saying is that, if this concept is true, then we Africans can say we have something so mysterious just like the concepts of Quantum mechanics.

I SAID THAT WHAT IT LACKS IS MATHEMATICAL PROOFS. am not telling you that its concept is so obvious, its limited to the people in it.

just like you see miracle in the CHURCH, am saying, if you believe those miracles, then they must be a supreme being. and if those miracles are real then religion is true.

its still the same analysis that am making in this post. what am expecting is someone telling me the reality of it or not, not someone trying to question my certificate.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by hahn(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2015
mrphysics:

I did not by my post say that I have carried out an experiment, what am saying is that, if this concept is true, then we Africans can say we have something so mysterious just like the concepts of Quantum mechanics.

Another "if" statement. Maybe, maybe not is not enough to create a thread on nairaland about it.

I SAID THAT WHAT IT LACKS IS MATHEMATICAL PROOFS. am not telling you that its concept is so obvious, its limited to the people in it.

Then research and write up the mathematical proofs or better still record it on video

just like you see miracle in the CHURCH, am saying, [b]if you believe those miracles, then they must be a supreme being. and if those miracles are real then religion is true.[/b]

Another "if" statement. The you believe they are true doesn't mean they are true. They are only true after you've been able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt"

its still the same analysis that am making in this post. what am expecting is someone telling me the reality of it or not, not someone trying to question my certificate.

Lol, you came up with the analysis in the first place and thus it is YOUR responsibility to prove it.
Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:

Another "if" statement. Maybe, maybe not is not enough to create a thread on nairaland about it.

Then research and write up the mathematical proofs or better still record it on video

Another "if" statement. The you believe they are true doesn't mean they are true. They are only true after you've been able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt"

Lol, you came up with the analysis in the first place and thus it is YOUR responsibility to prove it.

maybe I was wrong to have posted it here on nairaland. I was actually expecting to get comments on how we can use our believe system to make out things that will work for us not solely depending on the research been done by the whites. yes we may not have enough equipment but with what we have we can do something. that was the aim. sir. thanks I like your line of thinking, its mature enough. someone said

if your learning leads to knowledge then you are a fool, but if it leads to action then its wealth

like you said I should read books on business, well I may not have read a lot, but I have since August, read 9 books on money and still reading.

thanks anyway. Because i'm a Christian, someone will still doubt my certificate for studying physics and still believe in God.

Happy new month sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by hahn(m): 10:45am On Dec 01, 2015
mrphysics:

maybe I was wrong to have posted it here on nairaland. I was actually expecting to get comments on how we can use our believe system to make out things that will work for us not solely depending on the research been done by the whites.

The problem with our belief system is that it is based on belief and it might please you to know that at a certain period in time even civilized(i prefer not to use the word "white" ) societies also believed in a lot of superstition. For instance, the god Thor was responsible for thunder and lightning etc until they decided to stop leaving mysteries at the mercy of "belief" and instead "study" such occurrences to gain a better understanding of them

yes we may not have enough equipment but with what we have we can do something. that was the aim.

The problem is really not about a lack of equipment but rather a lack of curiosity. A mind that is not curious will not bother to seek the truth and therefore won't even get to the stage where it will need equipment. For instance, you heard or were told that witches in someone's village brought someone back from the us with a poly bag. Now you have failed to ask yourself, this is where curiosity comes into play, did the person mismanage his income? Was the person living there legally and had to be deported? What exactly even led to his deportation or return? What were the circumstances surrounding it?

As a result of a lack of curiosity, one wouldn't even make it to the point of scrutiny talk less of a reason to start bring equipment together undecided

sir. thanks I like your line of thinking, its mature enough someone said

if your learning leads to knowledge then you are a fool, but if it leads to action then its wealth

like you said I should read books on business, well I may not have read a lot, but I have since August, read 9 books on money and still reading.

Keep on reading and learning bro. I have been running my own business for about 5 years now and it has not been an easy route. I have also studied businesses that are successful and failures and I can categorically tell you that there is nothing spiritual about it.

thanks anyway. Because i'm a Christian, someone will still doubt my certificate for studying physics and still believe in God.

Happy new month sir

Well, so far you haven't given good enough reason for one not to doubt undecided

Happy new month to you too sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Science/technology by mrphysics(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:

The problem with our belief system is that it is based on belief and it might please you to know that at a certain period in time even civilized(i prefer not to use the word "white" ) societies also believed in a lot of superstition. For instance, the god Thor was responsible for thunder and lightning etc until they decided to stop leaving mysteries at the mercy of "belief" and instead "study" such occurrences to gain a better understanding of them

The problem is really not about a lack of equipment but rather a lack of curiosity. A mind that is not curious will not bother to seek the truth and therefore won't even get to the stage where it will need equipment. For instance, you heard or were told that witches in someone's village brought someone back from the us with a poly bag. Now you have failed to ask yourself, this is where curiosity comes into play, did the person mismanage his income? Was the person living there legally and had to be deported? What exactly even led to his deportation or return? What were the circumstances surrounding it?

Keep on reading and learning bro. I have been running my own business for about 5 years now and it has not been an easy route. I have also studied businesses that are successful and failures and I can categorically tell you that there is nothing spiritual about it.

Well, so far you haven't given good enough reason for one not to doubt undecided

Happy new month to you too sir
if I came here proving myself then am of all men most miserable. I have read and heard from the greatest minds in business, and its obvious that no one mastered the game. you just have to move with the market and some of them believe its Grace, to some, its luck, whichever way you chose to, its your opinion . I don't prove myself to you. but if you have decided to judge from your feeling and instinct then its your business. I recommend you read "SCHOOL OF MONEY, MONEY WON'T MAKE YOU RICH, MONEY MASTER THE GAME, SEVEN STEPS TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM" and so on if you have not read them. we live in a world of free belief and opinion, I can't live your life and you can't dictate to me how I live mine. you are free to doubt to your own peril. I don't compete with anyone than myself. learn how not to take issue personally. am not competing with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dstv And Gotv Has Been Hacked All Stations Showing Free / Hot Blazing New Airtel Cheat With Psiphon Handler / I Sighted A Strange Object At Night: Could It Be A Falling Star??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.