Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Whats It About Microprocessors And Fans? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Whats It About Microprocessors And Fans? (518 Views)

Whats Wrong With Your Pc(get Quick Solutions Immediately) / Whats The Best Refillable Printer Out There / Whats Your Experience With Smile 4G LTE Network So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats It About Microprocessors And Fans? by santos247(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Dear House,
I bought a laptop early this year ASUS and it stopped working, while trying to fix it, my technician told me such laptops whoose processors are assembled on motherboard do not last unlike those whoose processors are detachable. He also said some newer laptops do not come with fans and i should avoid buying such types. The laptop has refused to come up and it appears the motherboard may have developed EBOLA. I have ended up selling it as a scrap. Are these information true?? Which models are brands are easy to manage and service in the market today?
I want to shop for a RELIABLE and DURABLE replacement. Please advise me on brands and specific models to buy for a low to middle budget class. I use my laptop mainly for Academic research, web browsing but enjoy music and videos. I hardly play games.
Pls give me specific brands and models that are very DURABLE for research student like me.
Thanks
Re: Whats It About Microprocessors And Fans? by Fulaman198(m): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
The guy who told you that has absolutely no idea of what he is talking about. Fanless designs on 14 - 22 nm processes as starting to be the norm. Look at the Core-M powered machines and core atom newer processors like that in the recent Surface 3.

Chips are far more efficient now, and most laptop chips are soldered onto the motherboard unless the chip is a Core i7 MQ/MX chip.

In any case, the guy doesn't know his stuff.

1 Like

Re: Whats It About Microprocessors And Fans? by santos247(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bros, so what brand and model would you recommend for me. Reliability and durability are my key features then money. By budget is from 40K to 100K Max. Thanks

quote author=Fulaman198 post=40363746]The guy who told you that has absolutely no idea of what he is talking about. Fanless designs on 14 - 22 nm processes as starting to be the norm. Look at the Core-M powered machines and core atom newer processors like that in the recent Surface 3.

Chips are far more efficient now, and most laptop chips are soldered onto the motherboard unless the chip is a Core i7 MQ/MX chip.

In any case, the guy doesn't know his stuff.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Monday Deals At Micostarmall / Call For Ur 3g Mobile Wifi 08064404857 Or Whatsapp Me Just For 13k / Android: App Development & Programming Guide: Learn In A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.