Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May (8746 Views)

Poll: 2009 FA Cup Winners will be?

Chelsea: 52% (32 votes)
Everton: 47% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal vs Aston Villa: FA Cup (4 - 0) On 30th May 2015 / Blackburn Rovers Vs Chelsea [1 - 2] On Saturday 30th October 2010 / Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Cristalz(f): 10:56pm On May 24, 2009
Wembley will be hosting the 2009 FA Cup Final 2009. The final will be the 128th final in the world oldest football cup tournament and will be the clash between Chelsea FC and Everton FC.

Having been knocked out of the Champions League in the semi-finals by Barcelona and with a third place finish likely in the Premier League, Chelsea take on Everton in the final at Wembley on May 30 knowing it is their last remaining hope for a trophy this term.
Chelsea got revived in the later half of the season by interim coach Guus Hiddink, who is getting set to exit Stamford Bridge. He exited the Premier league with a 3-2 win over Sunderland, a game which served as a warm-up for the FA Cup final against Everton.  Missing this afternoon were Frank Lampard and Alex, both left out with minor injuries that will not threaten their presence at the FA Cup Final. Juliano Belletti will be a doubt though after he limped off in the first half this afternoon.There are now six days remaining to prepare for the FA Cup Final, and Hiddink's final bow as Chelsea coach.
Every other player on the team is fit and ready to go.  .  .Hiddink has shown he isn't the type of coach to juggle players frequently, so it's looking likely that it's still going to be the same line-up on Saturday.
After the painful loss to Barcelona, Chelsea will definitely go all out to make sure this trophy rests in their cabinet.

It sure won’t be an easy battle for the 2007 FA Cup winners; Chelsea have drawn goalless against Everton both at the Bridge and at Goodison Park this season. It will be time for them to unlock Tim Howard’s gates to triumph on the day.
Howard broke Everton’s club record with a clean sheet last Saturday against Tottenham, and manager David Moyes was full of praise for his goalkeeper: "A 16th clean sheet, that is a club record and that is fantastic," said Moyes "He has been fantastic, Tim Howard is a professional who works very hard at his game."But the record is also a compliment for the players in front of him. Good teams start with good platforms at the back and we have that.''
The former Manchester United goalkeeper was the hero of the penalty shootouts against the Red Devils in the semis; can he repeat such a performance against Chelsea?
Everton's fifth-place finish in the EPL was overshadowed by injury scares to Stevenn Pienaar and captain Phil Neville ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea. After the match, manager David Moyes said: "Phil has got a problem with his hamstring, as has Steven, so we need to see how they are. I don't think they are struggling. Phil's was a little bit worse than Steven's injury so I'm just going to have to see how he is as the week progresses."
Striker Loius Saha is expected to be available for this game, along with Tim Cahill, Fellaini, Vaughan, and other regulars.

Howard Webb is the chosen referee for this game.
Saturday is still some days away, so some info could still change.  .  .will try to keep updates coming.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 12:11am On May 25, 2009
EVERTON JO?? EVERTON JARE!! EVERTON JOO   ?? GBA SIBE!!! grin grin grin grin

Evertonlala  is highly karid and woged on match day-D to romance the FA cup for National peace!!  AMEN!!

EVERTON ALL THE WAY!!! grin grin grin

YOBO- ANICHEBE- YAKUBU

Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by mukina2: 12:39am On May 25, 2009
I do not care how they do it.,as long as Everton wins grin thats all i want to know grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 8:30am On May 25, 2009
CHECK OUT THE EVERTON MatriX-----------Everton is High on skills!! Chelsea cant comprehend their blend of the colour BLUE!!

Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by tayoccu(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2009
Go Toffees go!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by allboyz(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2009
Everton wink
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by MVJ(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2009
everton is coming with a new dimention to snacth the trophy, last hope of chelsea this season sorry(they don fall una hand )
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by dyabman(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2009
haters
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by rasputinn(m): 7:54pm On May 25, 2009
I'm rooting for Everton,don't worry Mr Moyes,the FA cup is your reward for your hardwork and masterfully playing your players out of their natural positions to great effect when your squad was stretched thin owing to injuries

GO EVERTON,go break chelski hearts grin grin grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Nobody: 4:31am On May 26, 2009
Losers always wanna drag others with 'em.
CFC ain't gonna be among you trophyless lot.

Chelsea to destroy Tofees.
True Blue for ever !!!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by snwanduv(m): 4:53am On May 26, 2009
I am going for Everton, i always root for the Underdog except ofcourse Man Utd is playing
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2009
grin grin
Everton's Final 3 EPL games has been against 3 London clubs CONSECUTIVE GAMES!! Spurs, WestHam, Fulham Everton played liverpool one all twice b4 edging them out of the FA cup, it took a controvercial penalty for Man united to manage to score 1 against them after which they sigle handedly dashed man united hope of a quintiple by terminating there FA cup hopes!! . They have played chelsea to a stand still twice this season HOME AND AWAY The second game was at stamford bridge under Hiddink!! I sympathise with those saying the Toffees are walk overs for chelsea!! Everton is on fire!!

Everton blues will be wearing the BLUE colour against chelsea for FA cup finals!! and for that reason i declare---------

MY BLOOD IS BLUE!! cool cool Everton all the way!! cool

Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by mcmedal(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2009
Chelsea should not think they are home and dry because it is everton.Well,their temporary coach knows better.U can see the way everton played against them at stamford bridge.They should watch out. See also "who do you think should succeed hiddink at chelsea" at www.leaguefutbol..com
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by rasputinn(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2009
EVERTON all the wayyyyyyy

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kai, I'm so loving this
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Cristalz(f): 9:56pm On May 26, 2009
What's with everyone rooting for Everton? Chelsea beef? grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by mykali(m): 7:05am On May 27, 2009
frow the numerous posts in support of Everton, Chelsea is the underdog. And the underdog always wins
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by mykali(m): 7:08am On May 27, 2009
frow the numerous posts in support of Everton, Chelsea is the underdog. And the underdog always wins
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 7:28am On May 27, 2009
mykali:

Underdog always what? MR OGA !!!!!  You never know.

@ cristalz
   Most if not all so called fans are fake. How come its only the first four on the table have vocal so called fanbase. a motive has been established its all based on glory hunting and present form.t  Do you know YOBO,ANICHEBE and   YAKUBU  dem be we brothers   dont mention dat boy Mikel because it is 3 to 1 already.  EVERTON ALL THE WAY!! grin The Erverton blues will wear the Blue color on saturday. chelsea will wear the yellow or black color. grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by foluski: 9:04am On May 27, 2009
Abeg,boys no dey get sentimental.I know se na arsenal,manu and liverpool fans plenty pass among una.Weda u like am or not they go win.Don't you know that those boys are wounded LIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS tongue cool cheesy smiley
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by tribesluv: 10:07am On May 27, 2009
no matter how people dnt like chelsea, let them get it to their head that there is no form for them , my own believe is that i am taking the fa trophy, thanks
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by rasputinn(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2009
Cristalz:

What's with everyone rooting for Everton? Chelsea beef? grin

I thunk it's more than that,blimey it's even more than Everton being the under dog or what not,what satisfaction would I derive from poking fun at Everton supporters/fans

EVERTON,GO ALL OUT AND GET THE TROPHY ON SATURDAY SO THE REAL BASHING OF CHELSKI CAN BEGIN grin grin grin grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Meldrick(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2009
Ow Ow Oh my God !!!!!
Hear the expression of losers. They are all weeping, wailing and gnashing their teeth but its a pity, Chelsea is not gonna go down like you trophyless sneazy punks grin grin cheesy Ha Ha Ha

CHELSEA IS LIFING THE CUP WHETHER YOU LOSERS LIKE IT OR NOT. grin grin shocked shocked
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by manickal(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2009
this is chelsea's cup. The F.A Cup is coming to the King's Road and not to some Merseyside dumpyard. tongue
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Renz(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2009
@Manickal,

U dey dream?
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Renz(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2009
u wan carry gun go robb the cup?
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Tudor3(m): 5:07pm On May 27, 2009
BAD BELE PEOPLE DEM WAN MAKE I DIE, OLOFOFO PEOPLE WAN MAKE I CRY. . .
It no go work! CHELSEA for EVER!!
We'll thrash the blue out of everton!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by ladykool(f): 1:00am On May 28, 2009
Tùdor:

BAD BELE PEOPLE DEM WAN MAKE I DIE, OLOFOFO PEOPLE WAN MAKE I CRY. . .
It no go work! CHELSEA for EVER!!
We'll thrash the blue out of everton!

grin grin grin tell them so they will hear o!! "we'll trash the blue out of everton"!!!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Nobody: 11:18am On May 28, 2009
And to all Cfc haters, here is my advise:

Go get drown in Ogun rivers that will be flooded on saturday.

HATERS AND LOSERS ARE DAMN TOO MANY ON N/L. N/L SUCKS
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by dyabman(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2009
BIG TIME
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Grizzly(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2009
Its better our season ends on a high after a poor start, than end in catastrophe like wat befell the scummers yesterday.
Forza Chelsea, Forza Guus!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 2:23pm On May 28, 2009
EVERTON WEARS BLUE FOR FINALS!! EVERTON ALL THE WAY!!--------Chelsea season can end on a high YES- give dem HEMP- essien can supply that after the loss!! grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 28, 2009
The better team will win and Chelsea is the better team! Period. Up Chelsea!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FA CUP: Chelsea Vs Leicester City (5 - 2) On March 18th 2012 / Liverpool Vs Brentford (3 - 0) On 16th January 2022 / Liverpool Vs Fulham (4 - 3) On 3rd December 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.