Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd (1092 Views)

Mr IBU Looking So Unbelievably Handsome In New Photos With Colleagues / 18 Most Handsome Men In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (pics) / Reekado Banks Blasted By Angry Fans Over Instagram Post (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by uniknet: 5:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Uproar ensues after the fan favorite and multiple previous winner William Masvinu loses out to a new rival

A 42-year-old Zimbabwean man named Mison Sere won the country’s fourth annual Mister Ugly contest on Saturday, enraging the fan favorite and his supporters, who claimed that Sere was “too handsome.”

Judges cited Sere’s missing teeth and capacity for unpleasant facial expressions in their decision, the Guardian reported. His rival, William Masvinu, who had held the title since 2012, said that Sere was “ugly only when he opens his mouth,” and therefore that he was not really ugly.

When Sere’s victory was announced, the crowd turned violent, mobbing the judges to contest the decision.

Sere, whose victory earned him $500, dismissed the criticism.

“They should just accept that I am uglier than them,” he said. “I hope to get a TV contract. I already moved around schools performing and showcasing my ugliness so this is a chance to make it on TV.”

Source: http://time.com/4123844/mister-ugly-mison-sere-zimbabwe/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by samukiwo(m): 5:44am On Nov 25, 2015
Ugliness that pays. cool
Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by CrazyScientist: 5:57am On Nov 25, 2015
angry... Mavinu is our man!

grin grin
Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by saintgoogle(m): 6:08am On Nov 25, 2015
shocked
Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 25, 2015
Very funny angry
Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by realborn(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Taking a reference from the ID of the poster above me, I AM SPEECHLESS, to think the audience got violent! shocked
Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by uniknet: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2015
The funniest part is how proud he is of the award. Ugliest man award. grin grin angry
Re: Winner Of Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly Contest Deemed ‘too Handsome’ By Angry Crowd by miqos02(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

The Sims Freeplay Cheats Generator / When Somebody Say To You That Smoking Weed Is Bad. Lol / IK Ogbonna Buys Wife Range Rover As Christmas Gift?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.