Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah (17810 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / 90% Completed 3bedroom Bungalow For Sale (pics) / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Work on the fence

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mikylon(m): 12:47am On Dec 21, 2015
how much did it cost you to drill the borehole at the site. Were u able to get good water and at wat feet.
just my curiousity as am about to start my building project in ajah
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 5:20am On Dec 21, 2015
mikylon:
how much did it cost you to drill the borehole at the site. Were u able to get good water and at wat feet.
just my curiousity as am about to start my building project in ajah

I sent you a pm or you can call me on my numbers beloow

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by nigeriancuban: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2015
abdulwastecx:

It's not really about over reinforcement, when you build raft you need to reinforced the dpc
its not necessary my friend,its a bungalow remember and a residential building,its not like they are gonna put a load of 100tons in it,lol...but I feel you,some requires reinforcement but not this.....
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by kehindesis(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2015
keepit up
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by abdulwastecx(m): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2015
nigeriancuban:
its not necessary my friend,its a bungalow remember and a residential building,its not like they are gonna put a load of 100tons in it,lol...but I feel you,some requires reinforcement but not this.....

My friend it is very necessary to reinforced your slab if you intend to build a raft /mat foundation.

People don't really understand that the slab is the most important element in a raft foundation.

If he had use another type of foundation like wide strip, reinforced strip or isolated pad footings for his foundation, I may agree with you that reinforcement is not necessary.

What is mat or raft foundation?
How does this type of foundation transmit load to the soil beneath the foundation?
Why do we do raft foundation?
Why do most raft done properly in advanced countries or even India comes with a basement?

The simple answer is raft/mat is shallow foundation which is like the normal pad but this time around spread across all the wall or columns to spread the load uniformly over a large area due to factors like high loading intensity, settlement problem and low bearing capacity

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by nigeriancuban: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2015
abdulwastecx:

My friend it is very necessary to reinforced your slab if you intend to build a raft /mat foundation.

People don't really understand that the slab is the most important element in a raft foundation.

If he had use another type of foundation like wide strip, reinforced strip or isolated pad footings for his foundation, I may agree with you that reinforcement is not necessary.

What is mat or raft foundation?
How does this type of foundation transmit load to the soil beneath the foundation?
Why do we do raft foundation?
Why do most raft done properly in advanced countries or even India comes with a basement?

The simple answer is raft/mat is shallow foundation which is like the normal pad but this time around spread across all the wall or columns to spread the load uniformly over a large area due to factors like high loading intensity, settlement problem and low bearing capacity
lol,my guy the one you are striking at is way farther than what's been dealt with here,we are talking of a ground beam here...its good you read well but beneath those topics you read are the conditions and situations where there are needed....what level are you now?
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by abdulwastecx(m): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
nigeriancuban:
lol,my guy the one you are striking at is way farther than what's been dealt with here,we are talking of a ground beam here...its good you read well but beneath those topics you read are the conditions and situations where there are needed....what level are you now?

My friend I am a civil engineering graduate with a very good grade from a university of technology
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 3:53am On Jan 11, 2016
Happy new year all and I wish NL a successful year

As we progress oon this I will be uploading pix of our ongoing progress and all we achieved lately

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mrpally(m): 7:25am On Jan 11, 2016
Okay o, we are expecting the update

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
Where are the updated pictures as promised. Please post them. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by TinoTino(m): 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
Engineer still expecting your call
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 3:17am On Jan 15, 2016
Hello all updates on ongoing work at the site

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 3:19am On Jan 15, 2016
More pix on plastering

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 3:20am On Jan 15, 2016
More will be coming in later

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 15, 2016
eghosajohnny:
More will be coming in later

Good job, keep on trucking.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mrpally(m): 11:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Let me use this opportunity to tell the whole house that I am the client whose job is on this trend. I really appreciate the contribution of every one. Two delivery date has failed and pictures of progresses on the job has stopped flowing in. As a professional I won't talk much. I want every NL to note that if the picture of this completed project is posted on this fora and I attest to it, it means all bad and negative comments about JONNY ODEMWINGIE IGUMA aka EGHOSAJOHNNY on NL are false and those that wrote those things just want to spoil his name and character and I would guarantee whoever gives him job that he would deliver no matter the obstacles but if the completed project is not posted by end of this month then all the negative comments are true and authentic and people should be placed on red alert, it would also mean this fora has no integrity of what so ever for several complains to be made about a particular person and there is no administration to act on it. I won't comment further on this except the picture is sent by end of this month.

Thanks to everyone

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 27, 2016
I'm personally rooting for you Johnny, don't let me down.

This is such a small project comparatively.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 1:40am On Jan 27, 2016
Johnny, I hope you surely come out with something credible.
Mr. Pally is a friend of mine and a gentleman... so let's see your excuse this time.
No judgement yet... so prove yourself o. I hate disappointments o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by smiley001(m): 5:30am On Jan 27, 2016
It will end well Mr Pally and Mr Johnny.

Mr Johnny, time for you to put 'em critics wrong.

2 things attached to it: Prove 'em wrong and Sell yourself, or Otherwise. This is the kinda angle we love to show the stuffs we are made of at Smiley001.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by brabus(m): 7:10am On Jan 27, 2016
@Silver or Gold I have none but you can count on me if you need a helping hand at this moment. You don't want to fail this Oga for any reason.

MrPally, without saying much, I can deduce what's going on. Pls give him a little breathing space. It'll come out well.

@eghosajohnny, pm me for discussion. It doesn't matter how you get it done. You just have to do it.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2016
brabus:
@Silver or Gold I have none but you can count on me if you need a helping hand at this moment. You don't want to fail this Oga for any reason.

MrPally, without saying much, I can deduce what's going on. Pls give him a little breathing space. It'll come out well.

@eghosajohnny, pm me for discussion. It doesn't matter how you get it done. You just have to do it.

This is a good offering Brabus. I would like to see you guys do more camaraderie stuff like this, be a mentor. Sort of being your brothers keeper.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by brabus(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is a good offering Brabus. I would like to see you guys do more camaraderie stuff like this, be a mentor. Sort of being your brothers keeper.

What do I gain seeing my brother go down? I'm sure some people will be happy right now seeing the client and the builder's relationship go sour.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by sheelay(m): 9:59am On Jan 27, 2016
Rahmbo Steel Company, we specialize in stainless steel railings for homes, offices, and malls.. We deliver high quality materials, and look forward to clients' satisfaction... Give us a call today, and you won't regret doing business with us.
Call/whatsapp 08035218309/08028954477

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
pls call for any type of sand supplies, i am a sand supplier and tipper truck manager at ajah, we will do you good
thanks

muyiwa: 09073543930

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hello my honourable on this forum,i want to thank you all for your contribution regarding the progress of this project as it has seem already that my client has brought this issue to table for you all to assist and to follow on every development on this project and as advised I am posting below the pics of the work done on site so far as I can't say much but I want the house to help check on what I have done since on the 6th apart from the money given to me but to ensure the delivery of this project I have went on to push the job forward.

I've a little busy lately so I assign my boy to be on site though he's my painter but just to help me get thing that is needed in sight.

Me and my client has agreed that any area of the job that I intend to do it will be paid for and noted and no additional fund will be added which I agreed and I stated amount on plumbing,electrical,plastering,door,pop,and as we proceed he gave money for pop and door and I mobilised for the pop and took part of it for plastering but because the conduit has to be done I had made sure of that myself and hoping that as my client sees the progress he will allow funds come.

So I'm using this means to appeal to the house that my client should allow us move on and for him insisting that I bring only doors alone from orile to ajah,theres no way that is possible apart from the toilet every other area in the building has being rendered and the roof too is almost done even the roof man was at the site today to take the m2 and will bring the roof sheet tomorrow by GOD'S grace.

Below is the pix though the shot isn't too clear pls bear with me.

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 5:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
The pics aren't much as the fence too is completed

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by 4nobody4every1: 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
Following cool
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mr. Johnny, a Yoruba saying, "Gbogbo Aso Ko Lansa Sorun".

I beg of you to not turn this into another Nairaland yansh opening episode.

Go and meet your client and resolve this offline.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mrpally(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
This drawing of the building was the work I did when I took over on monday 25th 2016. Send the pics as at the last time you visited the site or paid any workers.
MR JOHNNY ODEMWINGIE IGUMA aka eghosajohnny, don't push me to the wall to expose all you have done as far as this project is concerned. I have given numbers of those that work on that site to people even a member of this forum for their independent investigation. I paid you for this roof wood since December last year before Christmas, you abandon my work and travel for over two week leaving those you brought to suffer. This roof wood did not commence until 19th o this month and the wood you bought was note enough, you refused to pick my calls and that of all those you are owing .It was the omo onile that made me know when the guys started selling material on site and begging for food in the community. I would stop here so Pls corporate as I don't want to talk much.

Did you pay for the entire roof wood despite I have given you money, why not send all the interior too.

As I have told you give me value for the money I have paid you so far

Don't play smart.

Thanks
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mrpally(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
The delivery date was 20th of this month because I told you my house rent has expired before engaging. Based on that I was pushing funds to you. Tell this house the balance of your money left with me.

I told you to bring the materials I have paid for, I would pay for the transportation of other materials if that is the problem.

You claimed your boys are on site, are they your boys?, do you have a team? You have used two different group of capinter, two different groups of parapet guys, three different groups of plumber.

Tell the house whan last you visited the site or called me. You use the bricklayer as site enginer, there is no day I get to site I would have something to correct. It was when I started this roof that the capinter noticed a piller was missing, we have to start breaking again and removing parapet.

Tell the house how many times you broke walls, tell the house if the space you provided for mathroom can take a bath barth.

If you provoke me further I would release numbers of all those you are owing and the people you have maltreated for member to carry out their investigation.

I would even given member the number of your guarantor.

I scheduled a meeting with you you said you won't be around till Friday, is that how to treat your client. The painter guy was very ill, I had to give him money for drugs. You brought a painter to paint a house that is not rooffed or platered.

Members should know all I have said is just 10% of what he did

The pics of the house as at the time I took over this monday are as follows

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mavverick: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hi

I have had a similar situation with brabus. Oga a beg take it easy and don't let your BP go high. Remember a good health is more important than all these property stuff.

Have you got a reputable engineer to ascertain what needs to be done and what percentage of that has been done and what is left ?

You also want to thoroughly check the integrity of what has been done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elite Garden Beside Abijo GRA. SOLD OUT!!! / Estimated Cost Of Decking My House / For sale Ikoyi,V.I,Vgc,Lekki,Ilupeju,Ikeja,Ogba,Gbagada,Apapa,Banana Isd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.