Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

The Legendary Maldini Has Retired - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Legendary Maldini Has Retired (2552 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by davidif: 10:30pm On May 25, 2009
Il capitano has retired after 24 years at AC Milan, a club he has played for since he was a kid, his father too also spent time at the club, let's hope that his child also becomes a Milan legend.
As a player he was an immaculate proffessional, i first heard about him during USA '94, and since then he has always remained a fixture to the soccer elites. I don't think that we would ever see his kind again. He was the symbol of loyalty and ultimate proffessionalism. I wish him the best in his future endeavors and may God bless him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=649372&sec=europe&cc=5901

Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by vikiviko(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2009
undoubted a legend in modern soccer.
Milan will miss him.
to play for a club at the hughest level for 25 years is unprecendented.
how many players can stay in a club for 5 seasons now.
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by MrCrackles(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2009
Finally!

Model professional!
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by Sauron1: 10:42pm On May 25, 2009
It's a travesty of justice this man hasn't won the ballon d'Or when idiots like Kaka and Matthaus and Sammer have all won it.
Pathetic!! angry angry angry angry
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by dominique(f): 3:50pm On May 26, 2009
he will be known as one of the greatest legends of italian football decades from now. . . i wish him the best kiss
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by davidif: 10:36pm On May 26, 2009
It's a travesty of justice this man hasn't won the ballon d'Or when idiots like Kaka and Matthaus and Sammer have all won it.
Pathetic!!

sauron, don't call another human being an idiot. Kaka is the consumate proffessional and so were Sammer and Matthaus. They were all very classy individuals.
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by dayokanu(m): 1:43am On May 28, 2009
when diving legends like CR7 could win and Michael Owen. Travesty Indeed.

If CR7 could win in a year he couldnt make top 23 in the biggest tourney in Europe where he played then Maldinis case is a real Travesty
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by davidif: 12:42am On May 29, 2009
when diving legends like CR7 could win and Michael Owen. Travesty Indeed.

If CR7 could win in a year he couldnt make top 23 in the biggest tourney in Europe where he played then Maldinis case is a real Travesty
CR7 deserved to win his trophy abeg.
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by chrisical(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Pathetic!! angry angry angry angry

It's very fatuous of you to call Kaka idiot.Do you mean he never deserved that award.
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by davidif: 12:05am On May 31, 2009
It's very fatuous of you to call Kaka idiot.Do you mean he never deserved that award
I don't know for him self. angry
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by dayokanu(m): 1:02am On May 31, 2009
CR7 is the worst winner by a long mile.

He played in the biggest competition of the year and failed to make top 23 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Meaning at least 23 players were better than him in Euro 2008
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by chrisical(m): 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
YEAH,at this point i would like to urge u guys to reply directly to the topic and stop further arguement on who deserves ballon d or or not.
AC milan have officially confirmed they will never use the no.3 shirt,famously worn by maldini,as a mark of honour to the italian legend.MALDINI
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by A40(m): 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
Yeah that no 3 had better be retired like MJ's 23 for the Chicago Bulls i am glad he has finally decided to hang up his boots. . Hands-down one of the best defenders to ever play the game
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by davidif: 6:53am On Jun 02, 2009
You are right, the man's jersey definitely needs to be retired.
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by davidif: 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2009
My greatest defenders of all time

Maldini
John Terry
Jaap Stam
Marcel Desailly
Jamie Carragher.
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by dayokanu(m): 4:04am On Jun 16, 2009
John Terry, Jamie Carragher as best defenders? You must be joking right?

Where are the Jurgen Kohler, Matthias Sammer, Franco Baresi, Nesta, Cannavaro
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by biina: 6:07am On Jun 16, 2009
davidif:

My greatest defenders of all time

Maldini
John Terry
Jaap Stam
Marcel Desailly
Jamie Carragher.
Seems you havent watched too many games outside of recent premiership matches undecided
Re: The Legendary Maldini Has Retired by kidgenious(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2011
biina:

Seems you havent watched too many games outside of recent premiership matches undecided

lol

(1) (Reply)

Team SA Leads 2011 All Africa Games Medal Table while Nigeria lags behind / World's 30 Highest-paid Football Coaches. / Lionel Messi poses as the new face of Dolce and Gabbana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.