Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? (8593 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here / Why Would An Atheist Not Engage In Pre-marital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
beejaay:

but this verse below says otherwise

2:6 Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

2:7 Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.

2:10 In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.

going by the above verses, where is the justice....
There is no contrast in those verses. The verse I quoted was telling victims and the oppressed that there is compensation in heaven and to the oppressor that He will judge things right. The verses you quoted talking about different thing entirely
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by neocortex: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
@Ajibolatao
All those "miracles" you listed are merely circumstantial
or coincidences as their is nothing special about them.

When you say ants "talk" do you mean voice out ?

If you meant "communicate" then it is unfortunate that
you considered that a miracle, even viruses and bacteria
do communicate, so what is special about multicellular
organisms communicating.

Also it is on record that most literatures about arab thoughts of
the time of muhamad didn't survive islam intolerance, so you can't just credit
the prophet with all the knowledge associated with him.

An idea being confirmed by science does not make the
propounder a supernatural entity.

There are thousands of ideas running through peoples minds
which may later be confirmed to be correct, that is not evidence
for any god.
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ajibolatao:

Using foul language won't help in anyway. Adam to Abraham to Moses, Jesus and down to Muhammad were God sent. All claimed one thing, believe in one God. it's crystal clear. My advice for you is that do your fair share of research and if you are indeed open minded, I pray you see the truth. Allah sent those people to be his voice on earth

... please tell me you did not notice the similarities in culture and the historical trend that associates religions with the expansion of cultures over time.. wetin i sabi.. your Bible was published by Pagan romans in the Council of trent in Nicene but wait.. Christians know nothing of the Bibiel except God magically published it from inspiation.. OMG.. how low humanity has sunk
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ajibolatao:

Thanks for the observation. Even Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Yemeja all claimed that there is one God. The Yorubas regarded them as a medium between God and themselves. Thats the basis of the argument

If you really believe yoruba traditional practices are monotheistic (I believe you are of yoruba ancestry) why slave to arab "modified" practices aka islam if it is monotheism you are after and not an inherent urge to be a slave to others?
Why worship that God in the Arab way and not Yoruba way? If you are not just a common bastard slave. .

Sorry if you feel any offense but these are honest points cus an Arab would not leave islam for yoruba traditions

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 12:40am On Nov 30, 2015
macof:

If you really believe yoruba traditional practices are monotheistic (I believe you are of yoruba ancestry) why slave to arab "modified" practices aka islam if it is monotheism you are after and not an inherent urge to be a slave to others?
Why worship that God in the Arab way and not Yoruba way? If you are not just a common bastard slave. .

Sorry if you feel any offense but these are honest points cus an Arab would not leave islam for yoruba traditions
Using such word with someone you are dialoguing with shows how well you are being brought up. Why leave the the discussion? If you truly believe in the Ogun and so, then y don't you believe in God? Mind you, they ask you to do so
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2015
Ajibolatao:

Using such word with someone you are dialoguing with shows how well you are being brought up. Why leave the the discussion? If you truly believe in the Ogun and so, then y don't you believe in God? Mind you, they ask you to do so

grin grin I said don't take offense. . But the truth hurts
I'm an honest person, I don't lie to make people happy.
You didn't answer my question. . Pls I need an answer.
if you really believe yoruba traditional practices are monotheistic, why opt for islam if it's monotheism you are after? Why slave urself to non - Yoruba ideas of the creator? Is Mohammed better than Orunmila?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by bytemeister(m): 9:55am On Nov 30, 2015
macof:

if you really believe yoruba traditional practices are monotheistic, why opt for islam if it's monotheism you are after? Why slave urself to non - Yoruba ideas of the creator? Is Mohammed better than Orunmila?

bro why won't he opt for the Arab's religion when there is promise of after life and 72 virgins abi na 7? (i wonder how spirits wil consumate) and d last I checked Yoruba traditional practices made no promise of such tongue
macof:

bro why won't he opt for the Arab's religion when there is promise of after life and 72 virgins abi na 7? (i wonder how spirits wil consumate) and d last I checked Yoruba traditional practices made no promise of such grin grin
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2015
macof:

I will surely answer you if you answer me. I'm the first to ask you question. Lets dialogue intelligently so that we can arrive at a valuable conclusion. The question again: if you believe in the gods that you mentioned, then y don't you believe in God? Mind u, they ask you to do so
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2015
It is an Islamic viewpoint that every nation was sent a Messenger for their guidance. The important matter was the concept of Tawheed i.e., in oneness of Allah. The secondary matter was Shariah which kept changing from tribe to tribe and nation to nation. Allah, the most high, alone knows what is good for His creation
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2015
And verily, We have sent among every Ummah
(community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming):
"Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away
from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e., do not
worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them
were some whom Allah guided and of them were
some upon whom the straying was justified. So
travel through the land and see what was the end
of those who denied (the truth). (Qur'ân 16:36)

Some of these Messengers are mentioned in the Qur'ân
by Allah and some of them are not as the Qur'ân says:
And, indeed We have sent Messengers before
you (O Muh ammad (P) ); of some of them We
have related to you their story and of some We
have not related to you their story, and it was
not given to any Messenger that he should bring
a sign except by the Leave of Allah. So, when
comes the Commandment of Allah, the matter
will be decided with truth, and the followers of
falsehood will then be lost. (Qur'ân 40:78)

Therefore the Oguns, Oyas Obatalas might indeed be God sent to preach monotheism (I believe they do preach that). Further more, none of them requested their followers to Idolize them or even claim to have brought a religion. The problem is after the left the surface of the earth, people started worshiping them in which they Oguns and Oyas have no knowledge of. Why should I worship Ogun and Obatala when they don't ask ask me to worship them?
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2015
ok
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2015
Looking at the religions; Hinduism, Judaism, Taoism, Christianity, Islam etc and even traditional religions, the concept is the same. There is only one God worthy of worship. That is why He keeps showing us signs e.g thru d birth of Jesus Christ, Moses rod, Mohammed splitting of the moon and so on and so forth.

Once you believe in God, then I will tell answer your question of why I choose Islam
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2015
Ajibolatao:

I will surely answer you if you answer me. I'm the first to ask you question. Lets dialogue intelligently so that we can arrive at a valuable conclusion. The question again: if you believe in the gods that you mentioned, then y don't you believe in God? Mind u, they ask you to do so

No no, I asked you first. .don't lie pls
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2015
Ajibolatao:
And verily, We have sent among every Ummah
(community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming):
"Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away
from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e., do not
worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them
were some whom Allah guided and of them were
some upon whom the straying was justified. So
travel through the land and see what was the end
of those who denied (the truth). (Qur'ân 16:36)

Some of these Messengers are mentioned in the Qur'ân
by Allah and some of them are not as the Qur'ân says:
And, indeed We have sent Messengers before
you (O Muh ammad (P) ); of some of them We
have related to you their story and of some We
have not related to you their story, and it was
not given to any Messenger that he should bring
a sign except by the Leave of Allah. So, when
comes the Commandment of Allah, the matter
will be decided with truth, and the followers of
falsehood will then be lost. (Qur'ân 40:78)

Therefore the Oguns, Oyas Obatalas might indeed be God sent to preach monotheism (I believe they do preach that). Further more, none of them requested their followers to Idolize them or even claim to have brought a religion. The problem is after the left the surface of the earth, people started worshiping them in which they Oguns and Oyas have no knowledge of. Why should I worship Ogun and Obatala when they don't ask ask me to worship them?
is this ur answer to my question?
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2015
bytemeister:

bro why won't he opt for the Arab's religion when there is promise of after life and 72 virgins abi na 7? (i wonder how spirits wil consumate) and d last I checked Yoruba traditional practices made no promise of such tongue

bro why won't he opt for the Arab's religion when there is promise of after life and 72 virgins abi na 7? (i wonder how spirits wil consumate) and d last I checked Yoruba traditional practices made no promise of such grin grin
grin grin I can see that. Muslims and their love for virgin sex
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2015
macof:
is this ur answer to my question?

The reason I choose Islam over any other religion goes thus:

Firstly, let’s look at the definition of the word ‘Muslim’. A Muslim is someone who submits his/her will to God Almighty. Therefore, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was not the founder of Islam but the last and final messenger. Islam has started since time immemorial. Islam was there during the time of Prophet Adam.

In Islam, it is believed that there are 125,000 messengers sent to the earth surface with only 25 mentioned by name in the glorious Quran. Each of these messengers was sent only to their people except from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who was sent to the whole world. The basis of their messages was the same ‘there is only one God and only him is worthy of worship’. Starting from Adam, Noah, Joseph, Solomon, Abraham, David, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (PBUT). Therefore, all of them were Muslims. Because only 25 were mentioned in the Quran, It MIGHT be possible that Ogun, Sango, oya were God sent to preach monotheism.

And the question of which one is the true religion arises. The answer is quite simple. Other religions were man made.

Taking Christianity as a case study. Jesus Christ (PBUH) never mentioned anything like Christianity. In fact, Christianity started after Jesus Christ (PBUH) left the surface of the earth. Because he was God sent, people ignorantly gathered themselves to create a new religion in which Jesus Christ (PBUH) himself have no knowledge of and never asked them to do suo. Same goes to other religions such as Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism and even traditional religions. Imagine me being a traditional believer and creating an idol myself and start worshiping it believing it’s an intermediary between me and God even when the gods themselves never instructed there followers to do so.

Even Jesus Christ (PBUH) said in John Ch 16 v 12-14 ‘I have many things to say but u cannot bear them now, howbeit when the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself but whoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. This tells you that someone is still coming after him because they still have certain things to learn but they couldn’t bear it then. And yet, the went ahead in creating a new religion.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was the last and final messenger and that was why he was sent to the whole world unlike the other messengers. Once I believed in God and his messengers, then I became a Muslim. God said in the Quran Ch 5 v 3 that ‘This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion’. Part of the perfection is the fact that God said in Quran 15 v 9: ‘Behold, it is We Ourselves who have gradually revealed the remainder (Quran) and behold, it is We who shall truly guide it (from all corruption)’ and that is why Quran is the only religious book as far back as in 6th century whose text has remained unchanged.

And God also continues to show us miracles which can only be attributed to Allah and his religion just like the ones I’ve stated in my earlier post and there are even more if u want. But then, you indeed want to know how true this miracles were, you can always do more researches to determine its authenticity. So also, the scientific facts stated as far back as in the 6th centuries are something you should really think about.

Summary
1. All the prophets were Muslims because they believed in one God and did his wish
2. No messenger brought a new religion, even Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) didn’t Because Islam has been there since time immemorial
3. Others religions other than Islam were ignorantly founded by people without the approval of God.
4. God claimed to have perfected his religion in the Quran which is ‘Islam’.
5. Miracles happening which were attributed to Allah and Islam only confirmed the fact that Islam is the true religion

I hope you will do more researches on this. Thanks
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by donnffd(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2015
x123xlolls:

Its totally not like that bro...miracles happen...history isnt rubbish bro....rethink

If it does, why isnt there any undeniable proof of miracles
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
donnffd:

If it does, why isnt there any undeniable proof of miracles
undeniable What more miracles do u want? God should come down himself to tell u that he his God?
Flowers blooms when azan (Muslims call to up prayer) is being recited. it was posted on YouTube by CNN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgeCCZRaY_Q. What of the mosques (not 1 but many) which were the only standing structures after a devastated tsunami in Indonesia 2004. And u are still looking for undeniable miracle? Do your research well. There is no second chance once we are gone. God has given us enough chances now. it's all left to us.
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by wiegraf: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ajibolatao:

undeniable What more miracles do u want? God should come down himself to tell u that he his God?
Flowers blooms when azan (Muslims call to up prayer) is being recited. it was posted on YouTube by CNN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgeCCZRaY_Q. What of the mosques (not 1 but many) which were the only standing structures after a devastated tsunami in Indonesia 2004. And u are still looking for undeniable miracle? Do your research well. There is no second chance once we are gone. God has given us enough chances now. it's all left to us.

I honestly don't know if you're a troll or serious.....

If you're serious then lol
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 10:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Ajibolatao:

The reason I choose Islam over any other religion goes thus:

Firstly, let’s look at the definition of the word ‘Muslim’. A Muslim is someone who submits his/her will to God Almighty. Therefore, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was not the founder of Islam but the last and final messenger. Islam has started since time immemorial. Islam was there during the time of Prophet Adam.

In Islam, it is believed that there are 125,000 messengers sent to the earth surface with only 25 mentioned by name in the glorious Quran. Each of these messengers was sent only to their people except from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who was sent to the whole world. The basis of their messages was the same ‘there is only one God and only him is worthy of worship’. Starting from Adam, Noah, Joseph, Solomon, Abraham, David, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (PBUT). Therefore, all of them were Muslims. Because only 25 were mentioned in the Quran, It MIGHT be possible that Ogun, Sango, oya were God sent to preach monotheism.

And the question of which one is the true religion arises. The answer is quite simple. Other religions were man made.

Taking Christianity as a case study. Jesus Christ (PBUH) never mentioned anything like Christianity. In fact, Christianity started after Jesus Christ (PBUH) left the surface of the earth. Because he was God sent, people ignorantly gathered themselves to create a new religion in which Jesus Christ (PBUH) himself have no knowledge of and never asked them to do suo. Same goes to other religions such as Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism and even traditional religions. Imagine me being a traditional believer and creating an idol myself and start worshiping it believing it’s an intermediary between me and God even when the gods themselves never instructed there followers to do so.

Even Jesus Christ (PBUH) said in John Ch 16 v 12-14 ‘I have many things to say but u cannot bear them now, howbeit when the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself but whoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. This tells you that someone is still coming after him because they still have certain things to learn but they couldn’t bear it then. And yet, the went ahead in creating a new religion.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was the last and final messenger and that was why he was sent to the whole world unlike the other messengers. Once I believed in God and his messengers, then I became a Muslim. God said in the Quran Ch 5 v 3 that ‘This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion’. Part of the perfection is the fact that God said in Quran 15 v 9: ‘Behold, it is We Ourselves who have gradually revealed the remainder (Quran) and behold, it is We who shall truly guide it (from all corruption)’ and that is why Quran is the only religious book as far back as in 6th century whose text has remained unchanged.

And God also continues to show us miracles which can only be attributed to Allah and his religion just like the ones I’ve stated in my earlier post and there are even more if u want. But then, you indeed want to know how true this miracles were, you can always do more researches to determine its authenticity. So also, the scientific facts stated as far back as in the 6th centuries are something you should really think about.

Summary
1. All the prophets were Muslims because they believed in one God and did his wish
2. No messenger brought a new religion, even Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) didn’t Because Islam has been there since time immemorial
3. Others religions other than Islam were ignorantly founded by people without the approval of God.
4. God claimed to have perfected his religion in the Quran which is ‘Islam’.
5. Miracles happening which were attributed to Allah and Islam only confirmed the fact that Islam is the true religion

I hope you will do more researches on this. Thanks

1. You are not giving me reasons why you are a muslim. ..u are giving lectures, albeit inconsequential, about Islamic dogmas ie. Monotheism. Pls understand a simple question

2. I don't wanna lecture you on mythology and Semetic traditions but Adam was no prophet and certainly no monotheist... The Adam character made popular by jewish authors of the book that became "Genesis" was first known to Summerians and other Mesopotamian nations. .these people were polytheist. . Pls try studying more into the origins of your mythical characters.

3. Why didn't Mohammed tour the world and come to my homeland to preach monotheism if he truly was sent by the "One God" as the final messenger and this time for all humanity? He only preached in Arabia and sent delegates to Persia and Cushite lands. He never came to Yorubaland. . Orunmila was here. . Why should any sensible yoruba take a foreign arab pedophile who never knew you existed over your own ancestor - Orunmila the wise?

4. You seem like a damned sorry fellow. So all there is to being a muslim is monotheism? You delude urself Mr. There are monotheistic religions/beliefs around the world in history eg. Waaq of the Somali Spirituality, Zoroastrianism, Judaism are some I know. . Notice how the only thing these 3 belief systems have in common with islam is monotheism? Nothing else.
To be a muslim, u must know ur god by the name "Allah" , must pray knocking ur head on the ground towards the Kabba, believe Mohammed is the prophet of God and follow Mohammed's instructions to the point of veneration. Zoroastrianism, somali pagans and jews don't do this
So being a monotheist doesn't automatically make you a muslim.
The reason you sheeple "allahu akbar" chanters think jewish ancestors ie. David, Solomon, Moses etc were Muslims is because Mohammed copied from Judaism. . many of this people weren't even prophets but an ignorant Mohammed hearing good things about them from the Jews, erroneously tagged them as prophets.

5. Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Yemeja etc didn't preach monotheism Mr. Man. . I think it's time I correct this ur distorted perception. ...
In Yorubaland there's history and there's Spirituality. . In history, Ogun, Sango etc are humans who contributed to their community. In spirituality, names like "Ogun" , "Yemoja" are used to describe Cosmological entities and events to the average understanding. There's what we call "irunmale" these are entities that we can call "Spirit movers of the universe" they number 401, and the 401st is Olodumare. . Olodumare doesn't stand alone in a true monotheistic sense but heads the Irunmole.. all these irunmale work together in one creed. And names like "Ogun" is used to reference the Irunmole associated with metalic elements. . Actual Irunmole names are known to deep group of Olorisas and babalawos.

6. Yorubas dont worship idols, we use idols as an expression of thought and ideas not for worship, if you are looking for idol worshippers go to the mosques or better mecca during the hajj and watch how muslims worship a black cubicle called "Kabba"

7. Mohammed was the first muslim on earth, sure not first monotheist but like I said there's a difference between islam and monotheism. You can submit to one God and still not be a muslim. It's very simple really. . Ur quran jst frying ur brain

@ Rilwayne001

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by lawani: 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ajibolatao:

Mohammed killed a man and raped his wife on same day. He attacked people for worshipping God in ways different from his dictates. Mohammed is in hell fire. Pls revert to the traditions of your ancestors under God. God bless you.

If not for pride, self conceit and demon possession, are you too big to worship idols under God?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by x123xlolls(m): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
frank317:

So you and your Allah think it's better to protect the mosques than humans? No wonder your Islamic extremists are willing to kill millions. You guys dont value human life.

Unlike u, I care less if the mosques are standing forever, I am bothered about human lives that are lost. The kids that are rendered homeless and orphans. Seriously u guys, what is it about religion that makes u see less value in human lives?
You keep on talking life in the hereafter like u have ever been there. The koran said people will be rewarded afterlife so therefore kids, loved ones, good people can die and mosques can stand.
And you wonder why we have Muslim extremists? U must be a joke

wait a minute bro, but you missed something i think. If some 1 killed some 1, is like he killed the whole world. take a look @ this holy verse:

Human Beings Should Respect the Sanctity
of Other Human Beings
Allah says, because the son of Adam killed his brother in
transgression and aggression,
﴿ﻛَﺘَﺒْﻨَﺎ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺑَﻨِﻰ
ﺇِﺳْﺮَﺀِﻳﻞَ﴾
(We ordained for the Children of Israel...) meaning, We
legislated for them and informed them,
﴿ﺃَﻧَّﻪُ ﻣَﻦ ﻗَﺘَﻞَ ﻧَﻔْﺴﺎً ﺑِﻐَﻴْﺮِ
ﻧَﻔْﺲٍ ﺃَﻭْ ﻓَﺴَﺎﺩٍ ﻓِﻰ
ﺍﻻٌّﺭْﺽِ ﻓَﻜَﺄَﻧَّﻤَﺎ ﻗَﺘَﻞَ
ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺱَ ﺟَﻤِﻴﻌﺎً ﻭَﻣَﻦْ
ﺃَﺣْﻴَـﻬَﺎ ﻓَﻜَﺄَﻧَّﻤَﺎ ﺃَﺣْﻴَﺎ
ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺱَ ﺟَﻤِﻴﻌﺎً﴾
(that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder,
or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if
he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would
be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) The Ayah states,
whoever kills a soul without justification -- such as in
retaliation for murder or for causing mischief on earth --
will be as if he has killed all mankind, because there is no
difference between one life and another.
﴿ﻭَﻣَﻦْ ﺃَﺣْﻴَـﻬَﺎ﴾
(and if anyone saved a life...) by preventing its blood from
being shed and believing in its sanctity, then all people will
have been saved from him, so,
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by x123xlolls(m): 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
macof:

1. You are not giving me reasons why you are a muslim. ..u are giving lectures, albeit inconsequential, about Islamic dogmas ie. Monotheism. Pls understand a simple question

2. I don't wanna lecture you on mythology and Semetic traditions but Adam was no prophet and certainly no monotheist... The Adam character made popular by jewish authors of the book that became "Genesis" was first known to Summerians and other Mesopotamian nations. .these people were polytheist. . Pls try studying more into the origins of your mythical characters.

3. Why didn't Mohammed tour the world and come to my homeland to preach monotheism if he truly was sent by the "One God" as the final messenger and this time for all humanity? He only preached in Arabia and sent delegates to Persia and Cushite lands. He never came to Yorubaland. . Orunmila was here. . Why should any sensible yoruba take a foreign arab pedophile who never knew you existed over your own ancestor - Orunmila the wise?

4. You seem like a damned sorry fellow. So all there is to being a muslim is monotheism? You delude urself Mr. There are monotheistic religions/beliefs around the world in history eg. Waaq of the Somali Spirituality, Zoroastrianism, Judaism are some I know. . Notice how the only thing these 3 belief systems have in common with islam is monotheism? Nothing else.
To be a muslim, u must know ur god by the name "Allah" , must pray knocking ur head on the ground towards the Kabba, believe Mohammed is the prophet of God and follow Mohammed's instructions to the point of veneration. Zoroastrianism, somali pagans and jews don't do this
So being a monotheist doesn't automatically make you a muslim.
The reason you sheeple "allahu akbar" chanters think jewish ancestors ie. David, Solomon, Moses etc were Muslims is because Mohammed copied from Judaism. . many of this people weren't even prophets but an ignorant Mohammed hearing good things about them from the Jews, erroneously tagged them as prophets.

5. Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Yemeja etc didn't preach monotheism Mr. Man. . I think it's time I correct this ur distorted perception. ...
In Yorubaland there's history and there's Spirituality. . In history, Ogun, Sango etc are humans who contributed to their community. In spirituality, names like "Ogun" , "Yemoja" are used to describe Cosmological entities and events to the average understanding. There's what we call "irunmale" these are entities that we can call "Spirit movers of the universe" they number 401, and the 401st is Olodumare. . Olodumare doesn't stand alone in a true monotheistic sense but heads the Irunmole.. all these irunmale work together in one creed. And names like "Ogun" is used to reference the Irunmole associated with metalic elements. . Actual Irunmole names are known to deep group of Olorisas and babalawos.

6. Yorubas dont worship idols, we use idols as an expression of thought and ideas not for worship, if you are looking for idol worshippers go to the mosques or better mecca during the hajj and watch how muslims worship a black cubicle called "Kabba"

7. Mohammed was the first muslim on earth, sure not first monotheist but like I said there's a difference between islam and monotheism. You can submit to one God and still not be a muslim. It's very simple really. . Ur quran jst frying ur brain

@ Rilwayne001

1. Why did u @ first place didnt told us why u a not a muslim?

2. This is not true as u hv no proof
Its just an imagination

3. What does He (Muhammad [saw] ) left untold/unclear to you? All His teachings are there around you, so why will He stay as an immortal?

4. U a Saying things ignorantly.....
But islam differs from all these rubbish paths u list, which of them have a standard book 1000+ years old?
Which book hav no errors? Which book is unedited in 1400+ years? Do you know that Quran used to told us what will happen in the future? And it never wrong?

Muhammad(s.a.w) is already protected by Allah, because of that, He cant read and write anything in His whole life, How can He luckly come with a book that never wrong? Hmmm rethink bro

5. I dint get u, at all

6. Ideas not for worship? Bleive it or not u a worshipping them, if not why the idols @ first place?

Muslims are not worshipping kaaba, its just an order from Allah almighty that we shall have one unique qiblah, a direction to face when praying, so that muslims will be one single Community around the world..... Or do you have any proof of we are worshipping it?

7. How can that be possible bro?
Dont you know that previous scriptures to quran (attaurah-first testament given to prophet Moses) and (ingeela-second testament given to Prophet Jesus) and quran are from one single source? Where have you been when those books mention the quran that its surely coming since before it come to this world?

#IhateLies

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
x123xlolls:

1. Why did u @ first place didnt told us why u a not a muslim?

2. This is not true as u hv no proof
Its just an imagination

3. What does He (Muhammad [saw] ) left untold/unclear to you? All His teachings are there around you, so why will He stay as an immortal?

4. U a Saying things ignorantly.....
But islam differs from all these rubbish paths u list, which of them have a standard book 1000+ years old?
Which book hav no errors? Which book is unedited in 1400+ years? Do you know that Quran used to told us what will happen in the future? And it never wrong?

Muhammad(s.a.w) is already protected by Allah, because of that, He cant read and write anything in His whole life, How can He luckly come with a book that never wrong? Hmmm rethink bro

5. I dint get u, at all

6. Ideas not for worship? Bleive it or not u a worshipping them, if not why the idols @ first place?

Muslims are not worshipping kaaba, its just an order from Allah almighty that we shall have one unique qiblah, a direction to face when praying, so that muslims will be one single Community around the world..... Or do you have any proof of we are worshipping it?

7. How can that be possible bro?
Dont you know that previous scriptures to quran (attaurah-first testament given to prophet Moses) and (ingeela-second testament given to Prophet Jesus) and quran are from one single source? Where have you been when those books mention the quran that its surely coming since before it come to this world?

#IhateLies
There's no need to address this one by one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

Mesopotamian civilization told of Mankind being formed from the blood of the Gods and clay of the earth. Adama ( Adam ) means " from red earth ( clay ) " or " from blood " in Hebrew and other eastern languages.

I'll try addressing some. ..
If you call I and my ancestors idol worshippers for using images to express ourselves then I will call you a bigger idol worshipper..cus you make use of a giant black cubicle, you pray towards it 5 times a Day and worship it during hajj.

The quran is not the only book to be claimed to be divine and completely accurate with powerful prophecies, every "holy book" is claimed to be divine and completely accurate with powerful prophecies. I don't know what is accurate about "the sun resting in a pond every evening" as Surah 19:86 says
The quran is a new book compared to the books of the eastern religions I mentioned, and they've remained unaltered..there's nothing spectacular about the quran
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by x123xlolls(m): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2015
macof:

There's no need to address this one by one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

Mesopotamian civilization told of Mankind being formed from the blood of the Gods and clay of the earth. Adama ( Adam ) means " from red earth ( clay ) " or " from blood " in Hebrew and other eastern languages.

I'll try addressing some. ..
If you call I and my ancestors idol worshippers for using images to express ourselves then I will call you a bigger idol worshipper..cus you make use of a giant black cubicle, you pray towards it 5 times a Day and worship it during hajj.

The quran is not the only book to be claimed to be divine and completely accurate with powerful prophecies, every "holy book" is claimed to be divine and completely accurate with powerful prophecies. I don't know what is accurate about "the sun resting in a pond every evening" as Surah 19:86 says
The quran is a new book compared to the books of the eastern religions I mentioned, and they've remained unaltered..there's nothing spectacular about the quran

who said the quran is not a new book compaired to those others? the fact here is its not edited even once in history, but all those scriptures you mentioned are being edited always

see: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-corrupted.html

As most skeptics and atheists (as well as a number of
well-educated religious believers) know, the Bible is a work
of humans. As such, just as any other book, it has been
edited and revised quite a lot over the last couple of
thousand years.

n order to prove my point, I would like to reference an
excellent article on this topic from the Slacktivist blog over
at Patheos.com titled “Mischief follows in partisan Bible
translations”. The basic point behind this article is that
contrary to the claims of various fundamentalist factions
that the Bible is unchanging and inerrant, it has in fact
been edited quite recently. Specifically, the evidence proves
that the Bible has been edited for partisan political
purposes on the issue of abortion as recently as the late
1970s (which is within the lifetime of many readers
here!) Read this excerpt from the Slacktivist article for
more on this:

READ MORE: https://skepticalteacher./2012/04/22/the-embarrassing-truth-about-the-bible-its-still-being-edited/
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 12:01am On Dec 09, 2015
x123xlolls:

who said the quran is not a new book compaired to those others? the fact here is its not edited even once in history, but all those scriptures you mentioned are being edited always

see: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-corrupted.html

As most skeptics and atheists (as well as a number of
well-educated religious believers) know, the Bible is a work
of humans. As such, just as any other book, it has been
edited and revised quite a lot over the last couple of
thousand years.

n order to prove my point, I would like to reference an
excellent article on this topic from the Slacktivist blog over
at Patheos.com titled “Mischief follows in partisan Bible
translations”. The basic point behind this article is that
contrary to the claims of various fundamentalist factions
that the Bible is unchanging and inerrant, it has in fact
been edited quite recently. Specifically, the evidence proves
that the Bible has been edited for partisan political
purposes on the issue of abortion as recently as the late
1970s (which is within the lifetime of many readers
here!) Read this excerpt from the Slacktivist article for
more on this:

READ MORE: https://skepticalteacher./2012/04/22/the-embarrassing-truth-about-the-bible-its-still-being-edited/

Try re-reading my post pls. This is not an appropriate response rara
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by x123xlolls(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
macof:

Try re-reading my post pls. This is not an appropriate response rara

Try and correct your statement....
why not told us you are out of an idea
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
x123xlolls:

Try and correct your statement....

why not told us you are out of an idea

Actually I'm not out of ideas. .but u are
Look at the jargon you posted to me. .all that never addressed my earlier comment tongue
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by x123xlolls(m): 9:30am On Dec 11, 2015
macof:

Look at the jargon you posted to me. .all that never addressed my earlier comment tongue

Here is another session:
https://www.nairaland.com/2794608/muslims-against-terrorism
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by x123xlolls(m): 9:36am On Dec 11, 2015
A Pagan once wrote:

Paganism is the default way of life ordained by the Creator

And I made a respond attempt, so I quote a verse from holy Qur'an, Chapter Name: Al-Mumenoon Verse No:115

"Did you think that We
had created you in play
(without any purpose), and
that you would not be
brought back to Us?"

I wish the Pagan will respond to my......
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by Ajibolatao(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
macof:

Why use foul words all because you want to make a point... You should indeed learn how to argue intelligently.

And by the way, Qibla is just for direction and that is why all believers all over the world face d same direction. Muslims don't pray to the qibla unlike those who choose what they created as an intermediary BTW God and themselves. How interesting?
Re: Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? by macof(m): 12:44am On Dec 13, 2015
Ajibolatao:

Why use foul words all because you want to make a point... You should indeed learn how to argue intelligently.

And by the way, Qibla is just for direction and that is why all believers all over the world face d same direction. Muslims don't pray to the qibla unlike those who choose what they created as an intermediary BTW God and themselves. How interesting?

Someone posted jargon. ..so I should say he posted the best post ever cus I want to please somebody
You should take ur own advice and give some to ur friend 123xlolls..

Mr. Man stop saying nonsense. .. Isese is not about "choose what they created as intermediary"
And you say you're yoruba
Bastard jewish and arab slaves everywhere... so sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / Top 20 Richest Pastors In The World - Number 6 Will Shock You / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.