Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Have A Complaint - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Have A Complaint (3188 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Complaint by Remii(m): 12:19am On Jun 02, 2009
Op, It depends on your interest, the Nigeria musical scene is flooded with all kinds of music and any one that interests you full for market. There as many Gospel / religious or Fuji artist has Hip Hop, but as human beings, you only hear what interests you and think others do not exist.
Re: I Have A Complaint by eldee(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2009
follypimpi:

Please make an APALA section too. grin grin
Finally . . . someone that's still in touch with the sarcastic bone cheesy cheesy

Cristalz:

Oops, my bad. My sarcasm radar's rusty due to insufficient use.  .  .that's what happens when people want you to be nice and all smiley all the time.sad

Gotta get my rage back! cheesy grin

p.s. . .lalaboi nor vex. we apologize for the slight deviation.
Lol  . . . mod nor easy my sister cheesy grin

oyinda.:

eldee take ur sport complaint to the sport section abeg
I promise to . . . as soon as you an Apala section is created grin grin
Re: I Have A Complaint by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2009
@ topic

I don't bother coming here again. I know people will say "ehn create your own threads" and even use 'sarcasm' to probably say you're whining, grin but who cares?  Even topics that ought to be general will turn into some rap thingy. There was a topic here about Rhythm and lyrics. The next thing I knew it became a rap thread. I totally lost my appeal for it.
Re: I Have A Complaint by chiogo(f): 12:28am On Jun 02, 2009
Well, you can start by creating those topics discussing those specific music genres. I personally don't create threads much, I just reply if I feel like it. Maybe other people don't like creating threads too, especially those who fancy the music genre you're talking about. Creating a thread is easy though. smiley I'm a big rap fan but I don't even comment on all these naija rap threads everywhere.  cheesy
Re: I Have A Complaint by eldee(m): 12:46am On Jun 02, 2009
stillwater:

@ topic

I don't bother coming here again. I know people will say "ehn create your own threads" and even use 'sarcasm' to probably say you're whining, grin but who cares?  Even topics that ought to be general will turn into some rap thingy. There was a topic here about Rhythm and lyrics. The next thing I knew it became a rap thread. I totally lost my appeal for it.
Come on. . . why're you taking a cheapshot grin grin

Aight see how it goes, open a thread like The Killers- Day and Age Review, no idiot will come there to discuss Modenine
Afterall, the Rock music lovers thread dominated the section for about two weeks . . .

In the rhythm and lyrics thread was just misinterpreted, even the first poster kind of implied that he was talking bout hiphop
Same thing with my 'Artistes that should take the bow' thread . . .

Ask Karma, I've held my ground on hiphop threads by arguing from a music/pop culture perspective, if everyone rock/death metal/classical music fan can do that, you guys will be the ones claiming hiphop threads.
All we need is a few more radioheads and we'll change the section

Anyone that follows the Sports Section will see how English the section is, but now we've seen how only one bloke has brought in the German League and stuff like that . . .
Right now, the French Open, The NBA and the Formula One have busy threads thanks to these people.
Re: I Have A Complaint by follypimpi(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2009
Please don't forget the APALA section I beg.
Re: I Have A Complaint by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2009
eldee:

Come on. . . why're you taking a cheapshot grin grin

Aight see how it goes, open a thread like The Killers- Day and Age Review, no idiot will come there to discuss Modenine
Afterall, the Rock music lovers thread dominated the section for about two weeks . . .

In the rhythm and lyrics thread was just misinterpreted, even the first poster kind of implied that he was talking bout hiphop
Same thing with my 'Artistes that should take the bow' thread . . .

Ask Karma, I've held my ground on hiphop threads by arguing from a music/pop culture perspective, if everyone rock/death metal/classical music fan can do that, you guys will be the ones claiming hiphop threads.
All we need is a few more radioheads and we'll change the section

Anyone that follows the Sports Section will see how English the section is, but now we've seen how only one bloke has brought in the German League and stuff like that . . .
Right now, the French Open, The NBA and the Formula One have busy threads thanks to these people.

That was not a cheap shot. cheesy
Well you have good points. But you guys have successfully driven others out. Are you happy now?tongue
Re: I Have A Complaint by eldee(m): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2009
@stillwater
I'll have to take blame fo that . . .
When I first became mod, errfin here was Modenine, Saucekid and Rugged, with a lil bias here and there I created many American hiphop threads on this section . . .
I even made one to spite Noel Gallagher fans and got it to the homepage grin grin
I got what I wanted though . . . but I ended up sending you guys away, kinda like replacing one addiction with another.

I'll try to start another Indie Rock/Death Metal drive soon, let's hope you guys come back . . .
Re: I Have A Complaint by abdurrazaq(m): 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2009
Not every Hip Hop related thread are given special attention. A thread I created on Overdose https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-132380.0.html sometimes last year recorded few replies. It depends on the topic and I hate to say this poster. There is no harm in trying. I take a leava from nairaland because it was become too boring for me. modenine this , Ruggedman that, I couldn't handle and have to bow out.

Post about any kind of genre of music you like, it will be discusses, afterall, I know of more than 3 successful threads. cool
Re: I Have A Complaint by Bamsyle(m): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2009
@OP

Don't mind us these demented, rustic and spasmodic rap fanatics . . . they even insert solfa notes in rap verses . . . grin cheesy

*But really you do have a point*
Re: I Have A Complaint by kaypumpin2(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2009
Egoistic rap addicts! angry grin

Open me some country guitar strumming music thread.Lonestar,Shania Twain,Faith Hill,Carrie Underwood et al.

We need us some cow-boy spirit in this place.

Alleluiaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Latest Hits Tattoo - Soft Ft Davido (remix) / MIXTAPE: Dj Instinct – Reminisce Compilation Mixtape Vol. 2 / Video - 2face Idibia - Outside (his Best Video Ever)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.