Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis (422 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis by yommyuk: 1:52am On Nov 27, 2015
After being greeted with rapturous ululations by sisters, priests and theology students at a high school in Nairobi’s suburbs, he offered a sombre warning on the dangers of a church driven by “ambition for wealth and power”.

“The church is not a business,” he said. “It is not an NGO. It’s a mystery. A mystery of Christ’s gaze upon each one of us.”

There have been concerns that some priests are attracted to the ministry by the vast resources of the church, which is a major player in Kenya’s education and health sectors.

Francis warned against succumbing to the impulse of joining the priesthood to accumulate wealth, and he told the gathered priests that they had to examine themselves to find out whether they had gone into service through the “door of Christ or the window”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/26/pope-francis-urges-dialogue-between-religions-on-first-day-of-african-tour
Re: Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis by saintgoogle(m): 2:08am On Nov 27, 2015
sad
Re: Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:42am On Nov 27, 2015
Yep! I watched this part live from K24 TV!
Hope our Nigerians pastorprenuers are hearing the na-ked truth. It's a mystery he said! A spiritual blind journey of the way of the cross! Like going to the cross is our worry but resurrection should be for God to worry about, he added!
Can our GOs with chains of businesses say same thing boldly?
God help us!

1 Like

Re: Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis by Annunaki(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2015
I hope Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Oyakhilome and other gospel merchants are listening.
Re: Church Is Not A Business - Pope Francis by orisa37: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
The Pope is right 100%. The Church is not a brothel. It is a senior Temple of God, the body being the first level.

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Insecurity / The Only True & Living / 10 Categories Of People That Regularly Patronize Herbalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.