Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals (1544 Views)

10 Countries You've Been Mispronouncing Your Entire Life / Camels Swim In The Ocean As They Migrate (Video) / Map Of Most Dangerous Countries To Travel To In The World, See Nigeria's Place. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by AkumahTalk(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2015
Please see detailed list: http://www.techbusiness101.com/top-10-countries-to-migrate/

Before listing the top 10 countries to migrate to, I’d take you back 4 years ago. I was possessed with an “abroad” spirit. It was certainly not the kind that would drive me into the desert or make me jump into an inflatable boat with fellow “desperadoes”. It wasn’t that freakish and I also can’t swim. I just had an intense desire to migrate to a different country; preferably a developed one. I needed a new experience in a new environment. So I decided to move to Scotland. Time won’t permit me to explain the criterion for my choice. I did the necessary paper work, got my visa and left for Aberdeen, Scotland via Paris.

The flight to Paris was extremely turbulent, to make matters worse, I was sitting at the tail end of the craft. The lady beside me was going berserk, crying her eyes out. The strong turbulence kept slamming her head on the passenger seat in front of her. She was almost peeling her hair out and was very convinced we were all going to die! Meanwhile, I was as cool as a house mouse. Baffled, she looked at me and asked in a British accent “aren’t you scared?” I looked at her and thought to myself “what is wrong with this woman? Doesn’t she know I’m going to the land flowing with milk and honey” So I replied “no madam”. I guess my strong desire to emigrate made me immune to fear. I’d write about my experience in Scotland in another post.

Migrating to another country is a major decision with far reaching effects. I know a lot of people (especially IT professionals) think there’s a greener pasture out there. This is not far from the truth. A number of countries provide better opportunities and also a higher standard of living. However, only a few are immigration friendly. When it comes to migrating, you must do your due diligence to determine which destination offers the best opportunities. You should consider career opportunities, remuneration, security and quality of life etc. I did some research and came up with the top 10 countries to migrate for IT professionals.

Top 10 Countries to Migrate - For IT Professionals
Please see detailed list: http://www.techbusiness101.com/top-10-countries-to-migrate/

1. USA

2. Canada

3. United Kingdom

4. Australia

5. France

6. Germany

7. Singapore

8. Spain

9. Netherlands

10. South Africa

The order may not be very accurate but if you are considering the possibility of seeking greener pastures, you should research the countries listed here so as to identify which of them best serves your interests.

Do you think this list is accurate? Please share your views to verify or challenge the information provided

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by wordbank(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2015
UK is a NO NO!
I'm cool with the rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by NaijaCuzin: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
pls remove united Kindom
#StayatYourCountry ....its best for you

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by seunny4lif(m): 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
Germany is hot cake

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by Ben1975(m): 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
NaijaCuzin:
pls remove united Kindom

Well said

Web development jobs can be done any where in the world. All you need is a laptop and access to the net

Stay and help make your country better be part of the solution instead of going to places that don't really appreciate you as a Nigerian

Trust me when I tell you that even in these so called greener pasture countries people are migrating themselves in their hundreds of thousands to other locations around the world

Man will never be satified with what he has.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by AkumahTalk(m): 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
NaijaCuzin:
pls remove united Kindom

I've always been an advocate for "staying in your country" because I've been around a bit and I know what's up to a large extent. However a few of my friends/colleagues are hell bent on going abroad, so I thought I could make some suggestions for the people that fall into this category. Employment for IT jobs in the UK has different faces. To some, it's difficult, to others its easy depending on your area of expertise, effort and preparedness. Given the disappointing feedback I got from my associates in the UK, I was tempted to exclude it from my list. However, I also could not ignore the positive experiences of a larger number of friends and classmates who were lucky.
Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by Ben1975(m): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
Funny the topic is the UK. Of all the places in the world they like Nigerians there the least.

I lived among them for a few years so I know
Re: Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals by AkumahTalk(m): 10:53am On Dec 02, 2015
Despite the fact that our brothers are not making things any easier for us in terms of the public perception of Nigerians, racism is still an issue in the UK. I remember back in Aberdeen, sometimes when you get on a bus alone and take a seat leaving a vacant one beside you. Some white folks would rather stand in the absence of any other vacant sit than sit beside you.

On the other hand I also met some really nice Brits. I met one at the store who was trying to speak Igbo to me. He told me about his fun times in Lagos and how some of his Igbo friends introduced him to "wayo" and that he made a lot of "Ego". They were all working with SNEPCO. His wife was standing there looking at us wondering what the heck we were talking about.
Ben1975:
Funny the topic is the UK. Of all the places in the world they like Nigerians there the least.

I lived among them for a few years so I know

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: All Passengers Aboard Feared Dead As Plane Crashes Into Shopping Mall / Most Iconic Bridges Around The World. / Which Country Can 1millionaire Take Me To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.