Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,175 members, 7,818,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Second-hand Phones in Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Second-hand Phones in Nigeria (5170 Views)

NCC Warns Nigerians Against Use Of Second-hand Phones / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns / Researchers Recover 100s Of Nude Photos From Second-hand Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by bimsero(m): 2:10am On Nov 03, 2005
hey people, are 2nd hand phones advisable to buy in nigeria?
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by bimsero(m): 5:31am On Nov 03, 2005
someone pls answer me....
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by cushman(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2005
I won't advice you on that one...
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by bimsero(m): 2:43am On Nov 05, 2005
thanks dude
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by SirKay3(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2005
The so called 2nd hand fones are stolen fones, so keep off
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by skima(m): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2005
Some aint stolen... well stolen ones could be seen on computer vilage's street bois. and some bad area around lagos. but u could see a legaly shipped second hand fone. But meanwhile fones are cheap this days. only if u want a camera fone and have less monety.
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by waleomo: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2005
There is nothing wrong buying second hand phones in Nigeria if you are sure of the source. There are people who bring in second hand phones from abroad for sale. Its like saying we should not buy tokunbo cars and electronics. The availability of genuine second phones, cars, electronics is one of the reasons why their prices has been within the reach of everybody in Nigeria.
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by fabian(f): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2005
That aside, there might also be aproblem with the fone the original owner couldn't repair, and that would be prolly Y its in for resale
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by mamba(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2005
majority are factory refurbished & are ok, u just need to test them well before buying
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by fabian(f): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2005
Test em well, you said? How well then? 1 week? I guess we are talking about the real 2nd hand ones, the ones without packets that are sold at computer villa, not the factory refurbished ones.
Nigerians mostly never say summin is factory refurbished. They call it brand new most times.
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by trendy(f): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2007
buy it, but dont be sure of the best experince
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by compaqB: 5:56am On Mar 13, 2007
Most new phones that we buy in Nigria are refurbish, so if you the person selling the second hand phone, the origin and not all type of phone you can buy the second hand. If it comes from UK, and you check it well then you can go for it, all my phones come from Uk, clean, rugged and last longer, therefore watch what you are buying, tak kia, God bless you.
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by maxjax(m): 3:34am On Mar 14, 2007
wot painz me now is that, the nig market is full of CHINA made fonez which 4sure are fakes!!!
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by Douzy(m): 10:02am On Mar 15, 2007
If I don't have enough money to buy a particular phone brand new, I would rather keep saving for it or buy a cheaper one brand new.
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by oge4real(f): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2007
not advisable
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by pannyman(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2007
Hey maxjax, there's no problem with Chinese-made phones really cos all major phone makers have established plants in China to take advantage of the favourable conditions e.g low labour costs, that exist in that country. They manufacture these phones in China then ship them to Europe, America and elsewhere. It is because of the Chinese plants belonging to Nokia, Sony Ericsson and the rest of them that phone prices are crashing.
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by ronnieslimz(f): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2007
its unreliable and not advisable. . i've never bought it and will never buy it, i've got peeps with experience around me
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by desertboom(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2007
Except u don't have money for brand new but phones are very cheaper this days
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by tipsy289(m): 6:51am On Mar 18, 2007
i dont think u shld get it, i wuldn't even sell my previous fone 2 u, it works but nt in d best condition so u @ or risk gettin 2nd hand
Re: Second-hand Phones in Nigeria by Mustay(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2007
2nd hand or third hand, who can tell me d price of motol7 and motoKRAZR? last time i head l7 was abt 12k

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Camon X Pro Vs Phantom 8 - Speed, Benchmarks and Ram Management Test / Is The Infinix Zero 2 Worth The Price? / Data War: Subscribers Dump MTN, Airtel For Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.