Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Perfect Side Dish - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Perfect Side Dish (942 Views)

Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya / The Perfect Prawn Fried Rice Mariellas Style! / Top 5 Restaurants In Lagos For The Perfect Christmas Buffet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Perfect Side Dish by Estyhome: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
It all happened on a Sunday evening. Bea had arranged for all the ingredients for the moi moi to be delivered to my house as early as possible so there would be no further excuses as to why I could not make the perfect side dish he had been craving for months.

He had already made plans for the food, how he would take to wraps to work and eat it with my signature jollof rice (YES! I have a signature jollof rice), and for breakfast he would have it with porridge oats etc., the torture I had to go through watching him fanaticize over food.

Anyway, the day of the moi moi making arrived, I peeled the beans (one of my most dreaded activities in the kitchen) I knew I had to get something in return for the stress of peeling and picking the beans.

I finished the prepping and everything that had to be done before blending. Let me at this point stress that I am not a big fan of blending my food outside of my house so whatever it is want to blend i have to blend it at home. I actually think this is a more hygienic way of eating as you don’t have to go to ‘mama number one’ to blend the food you would eat with her dirty old blender (yuck!!).

So, the time to blend came and I put a little portion of the beans and pepper into the blender and put it on. After a few seconds… the blender stopped working (the disadvantages of owning blenders that are not strong). So I went to borrow my neighbour’s blender and she told me “the problem is that you didn’t put enough water” so for a cup of beans we put in two cups of water. By the second batch, her blender also stopped.

At this point, the moi moi mix was like the river Jordan, very watery so I had to do the best I could to ensure it turned out well. When I was done putting the moi moi into a bag for cooking, I then put it in a pot of boiling water to cook.

The remaining story is even too embarrassing for me to say. I just told bae that the moi moi got burnt and so I had to throw everything out. Besides the fact that the moi moi was like pap, the nylon bag I used got stuck in the pot and it was impossible to remove it from the pot.
The following day, I had to buy another set of moi moi ingredients and this time around, I was sure to by a food steamer as well.
I made the moi moi again and if I must, I have never had that kind of horrible experience again.

Making moi-moi does not have to be so stressful…Using a steamer to make your moi moi makes it…….

Follow us on facebook to excess exclusive offers.
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/Estyhomeessentials
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/Estyhome
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/estyhomeessentials
• Tel: 07046218318

(1) (Reply)

Done / Top Five 'bad' Foods That Are Actually Good For You / Signs Your Body Is Not Getting Enough Protein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.