Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Black Friday Buzz In Nigeria - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Friday Buzz In Nigeria (504 Views)

The Biggest Black Friday Sales This Year Just Started On Dressmeoutlet.com!!!!!! / Jumia Black Friday Deals Available With Shipping Discount / Beautiful Bald And Buzz Hairstyles For Women (photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Friday Buzz In Nigeria by marioioidp: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
So, as a strategist and a CIM student, I decided to observe the Black Friday buzz in Nigeria. In my days in the US as a student at DePaul University, Chicago, I did all my shopping in a year on Black Friday. I bought EVERYTHING on that day. I recently came back to Nigeria for my NYSC and I was very happy when I found Nigeria buzzing about Black Friday, thanks to Jumia, WesternMall, and Konga. So far, my survey has yielded some results.
JUMIA

Jumia is the main reason Nigerians are buzzing about Black Friday this year with heavy advert and publicity. I feared the money spent on this adverts would impact on the event and I wasn’t wrong. Jumia, like Konga, didn’t slash much on gadgets and quality clothing. And to cap it off, they are holding a timed sales event that expires 12pm today. This is a big disappointment and far from all we have heard them say all this while. I expect a big company like them to know and do better!
[url][/url]

WESTERNMALL
Westernmallng.com
When I saw an ad by WesternMall on Facebook advertising their version of Black Friday which they termed Jando Sales and Jando Auction, I didn’t know what to make of it because I didn’t know them. I reluctantly clicked on the link and was wowed by the content. They are holding an online auction and to my surprise, I saw an iPad 2 on bid. I didn’t know about them earlier and I didn’t even know what to make of them. I love their idea of an auction as it gives the customer the power to decide. They are without errors though. They said thousands of items are on bid but they merely have a hundred or so, although these are quality items. You might want to check them out at http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Bid/BidNow
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
KONGA

Konga upgraded on what they did last year with the new Yakata Sales. I was in Nigeria this time last year and what I witnessed was the crash on their website. This year, the website is stable although the slash on gadgets is nothing to write home about. Moreover, the shoes on discount are quite hilarious. I was looking to get some cool Nikes and I was seeing some shoes my grandpa wouldn’t even wear. The website is shitty and if fixed could do more. I expected a big company like them to know better. I’ve been a fan for months now and I hope they fix this quickly.
[img][/img]

(1) (Reply)

Who Has "TOMS" Shoes For Sale? / Keep Up With The New Trends With Stylish Women's Wallets From Oasis Leather / Chopard CLASSIC Watch Buying Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.