Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. (1442 Views)

See What I Saw In My Save After Six Month's (Photos) / Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) / Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Naijarazzing(m): 7:00am On Nov 28, 2015
Please who has ever experienced this, IKDC came to fix new prepaid meter in my residence, among all the meters fixed mine seems to be malfunctioning. My own initial 40 units that came with the meter got exhausted in 1 day cry, while my flat mates used theirs for almost 2 weeks. And now i loaded 6000 naira worth of units and it is almost exhausted in less than 3 days This is unusual as i am quite conversant with the prepaid meters because i used it for almost 2 years in my previous apartment, and i am quite conversant with energy conservation and optimal usage, and i also know the rate and units i was using before, i think their "chinko" meter is charging me 10 times what i am consuming. please if any one of us here has ever experienced this can you please tell me how you solved this ish. i have written to them online and i have been to their office twice to no effect. Hope to get some positive comments here. Thanks
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by amtaken(f): 7:07am On Nov 28, 2015
How many AC's and Freezers plus washing machine do you have?

If you don't load up more than your neighbours, then you should proceed to PHCN office and lodge a formal complaint.

Best of luck.
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Naijarazzing(m): 7:13am On Nov 28, 2015
amtaken:
How many AC's and Freezers plus washing machine do you have?
If you don't load up more than your neighbours, then you should proceed to PHCN office and lodge a formal complaint.
Best of luck.

Just like i said, undecided i am quite aware of how to conserve energy, and without using any of the energy consuming appliances, i put on only 2 energy saving bulbs and a fan for 4 hours and the meter has gulped more than 15 units. I have gone to their office to make a formal complaint, and i have also made online complaints via their website, i am yet to get a response. This is just crazy angry Thanks for your contributions anyway
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by amtaken(f): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2015
Take a short trip to their office for faster response.
Naijarazzing:

Just like i said, undecided i am quite aware of how to conserve energy, and without using any of the energy consuming appliances, i put on only 2 energy saving bulbs and a fan for 4 hours and the meter has gulped more than 15 units. I have gone to their office to make a formal complaint, and i have also made online complaints via their website, i am yet to get a response. This is just crazy angry Thanks for your contributions anyway
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Sparkle777(f): 8:22am On Nov 28, 2015
Same thing happened to me. All I did was to privately call a nepa technician I met in their office. He came and adjusted it. Even got back some of my wasted units.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 28, 2015
Sparkle777:
Same thing happened to me. All I did was to privately call a nepa technician I met in their office. He came and adjusted it. Even got back some of my wasted units.
Goodluck.
@sparkle, could you please find out frm the man what could be the reason why our prepaid meters displays "ERROR" WHEN YOU WANT TO ENTER A TOKEN?
This happens to all the 4 meters.

Ive gone to their office severally but to no avail.
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Sparkle777(f): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2015
masterpower:

@sparkle, could you please find out frm the man what could be the reason why our prepaid meters displays "ERROR" WHEN YOU WANT TO ENTER A TOKEN?
This happens to all the 4 meters.

Ive gone to their office severally but to no avail.

Lolzz, dnt go and make it official. Just call out any tecnician privately. Am sure he ll oblige u if u promise to give him t fare.
Errors are usually displayed if its a new meter being recharged for the first time. The technician wil put a call across to whomeva dat wil help open it.
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sparkle777:

Lolzz, dnt go and make it official. Just call out any tecnician privately. Am sure he ll oblige u if u promise to give him t fare.
Errors are usually displayed if its a new meter being recharged for the first time. The technician wil put a call across to whomeva dat wil help open it.
Thanks dear. Ure a darling.

I'll give it a shot by monday and post my feedback here.
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by numericalguy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
OP, don't listen to sparkle or do anything ilegal. People think they are smart but its a crime and its not funny when they get cought. I know this because I have supervised the installation of more than 20,000 prepaid meters in three States in Nigeria.

There are a number of reasons why you might be overbilled.
1) the meter could be faulty, (this is very rare but its a possibility).
2) Someone could have tapped power from your house without your knowledge
3). There could be a fault in your house wiring that is leading to electric power leakage
4) you are probably not managing power properly.

Since you say you are not new to prepaid meter, number 4 might be out of question, that leaves you with option 1, 2 & 3. What I would advice you do is to get a very COMPETENT electrician to check for power leakages and/or theft from your house. Power theft is mostly done in the roof and sometimes in the walls.

If all else fails, get a replacement for that meter asap
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Naijarazzing(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2015
Thanks Bro, 2 and 4 is out of it. probably its the Meter that is faulty or there is power leakage. i will try to get someone to check out the leakage part, and then hope IKDC will act fast enough and skip all the bureaucracy brouhaha and send someone to come check out the meter.
numericalguy:
OP, don't listen to sparkle or do anything ilegal. People think they are smart but its a crime and its not funny when they get cought. I know this because I have supervised the installation of more than 20,000 prepaid meters in three States in Nigeria.

There are a number of reasons why you might be overbilled.
1) the meter could be faulty, (this is very rare but its a possibility).
2) Someone could have tapped power from your house without your knowledge
3). There could be a fault in your house wiring that is leading to electric power leakage
4) you are probably not managing power properly.

Since you say you are not new to prepaid meter, number 4 might be out of question, that leaves you with option 1, 2 & 3. What I would advice you do is to get a very COMPETENT electrician to check for power leakages and/or theft from your house. Power theft is mostly done in the roof and sometimes in the walls.

If all else fails, get a replacement for that meter asap
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Naijarazzing(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmm Sparkle this your private technician is he in Lagos? i am open to all options, if officially they are delaying, yours might just be the way to go. winks
Sparkle777:
Goodluck.
Re: This Is Evil.. Help I Am Been Charged Times 10 What I Use On New Prepaid Meter. by Naijarazzing(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
...IKDC officials came to my home to help fix it, it was a simple case of misplacing the neutral and life wires by the electrician that wired it initially. thanks for your suggestion guys

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Target Customers Today / Yahoo Has Changed To Altaba? - Here Is What You Need To Know / The New Tricks On How To Increase Your Company Or Business Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.