Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! (1865 Views)

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / Beware Of Interwitch Atm Scam / Atm Scam Mails Are Now As Common As The 419 E-mails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 26, 2009
Hello guys, I found this and decided to share it with everyone.

http://www.elamb.org/hacked/atm-theft.htm

also note that you can be swindled by an insider also. If a machine seizes ur Card, request for it immediately.
another popular one is card cloning
card cloning makes ATM withdraw possible in Abuja while your card is in your wallet in Lagos. they install a film-like gadget called skimmers to read ur magnetic strip and they make a copy of ur card, How do you detect this?

look around for a possible camera location, i mean minicams or a mirror cam that sticks out more than usual.
dont assume any mirror-like cam is part of the ATM machine.
They probably installed a second camera somewhere to get ur pin.
here is a picture of one

http://www.switched.com/2009/04/08/first-active-atm-card-skimmer-spotted-in-the-wild

This article might also interest you
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/02/05/atm-theft-9-million-in-30-minutes?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_bloggingstocks

That happened in USA, so given the fact that USA is our first example of where things are always done right.
expect a customer service section at every bank for ATM clone complaints.

comments.
Re: How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! by jbdonz69: 9:08pm On May 26, 2009
what up it seems u are a hacker ,, like to meet ya am jbdonz
Re: How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 26, 2009
@Jbdonz

In today's IT world, you just need to be cautious about security.
technology which make things work for us can also be dangerous if in the wrong hands.

I am into IT and security is just a division of it.
I had to post this following a cryout of an emptied account here on NL
Hacking could be a criminal act, and crime to me is not the way to go
Re: How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! by gabriellokenzo: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
skimranger: I have a number of ATM Skimming devices for sale. These are my old devices, as I am getting out of the game. They range from the standard (and cheaper) USB Skimmer to the more advanced GSM model. I am a 100% genuine person from the UK. Dont get ripped off by all the Con Artists, I am simply trying to off-load these devices. If you wish to contact me or you wish to ask me advice please contact me on skimranger@gmail.com

hw d level go be chief, email gabriellokenzo@gmail.com make we yarn beta
Re: How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! by halimat1985(f): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
Great info.
Re: How Atm Scam Works, Revealed! by BBskim: 9:04am On Oct 08, 2012
I have high quality skimmers avaialble. They are all available in demo mode, which means you can have a fully working skimmer for a massive reduction in price. All skimmers can be custom made. They are the best quality and lowest prices you will find. Contact me on; brutus.skim@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shovels / Wheelbarrow Wholesales In Lagos/abuja / Techni Ice Rechargeable And Reuseable Ice Pack / Lesson From The Devaluation Of Ghana Cedi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.