Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

EPISODE 7: EKE(PYTHON) By Joy Akosa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / EPISODE 7: EKE(PYTHON) By Joy Akosa (659 Views)

Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke / Episode 1: Eke(python) ; Story By Joy Akosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPISODE 7: EKE(PYTHON) By Joy Akosa by Joyakosa(f): 9:16am On Nov 28, 2015
Episode 7

The Osimirin Oracle was the strongest god of the river Osimirin in Umunato village. The people of Umunato have kept their belief sacred for years. They do not joke with the Osimirin River. The Osimirin River is angry and nothing can calm the angry river down until it gets what it wants. Many years ago, Pythons lived in the river, it was believed to have married one of them as his wife. The python the river married grew old in that river until one day it went out to the bush to feed on what it finds but never came back.

The Eke was the oldest Eke in the town and it was the same python that took care of Ada Eke when she was born and since it died, it has passed its power to Ada. It has been over 20 years the mighty Eke wife of Osimirin River died and he has not gotten another replacement. He needs a wife and since Ada Eke is the next in line of the mighty Eke and she has its powers. She must marry the Osimirin oracle to save the land from this destruct that is about to happen” the chief priest who was
present explained to everyone what was happening .

Everybody starred at themselves in great shock and shook their heads while murmuring within themselves.

“So you mean to say, I should marry a river? And do what, will I be living there as mammy water or what, are you people actually hearing yourselves” Ada Eke said angrily. A python passed her powers to me and took care of me during my early days on earth and that is how I became like this, did the python tell you that she passed the powers to me to take over her as a wife to the river? Ada Eke asked looking and sounding very furious.

This message is what the gods said we should pass down. We believe you love your people, the people who accepted you as a daughter, no one has ever treated you differently, we have loved you as we have loved any other Eke, the Eke generally have gained peace in this land, now its your turn to pay us back, by saving us from this evil. All you need to do is to accept and the marriage rites will be ready, your home will be built near the river. No man is allowed to touch you, you will be his forever, I don’t think that is too much task to do” An elder said.

“you foolish old man, why don’t you tell your daughter to go and marry the gods” she said and walked away angrily.

“this girl is very rude and stubborn, she must marry the oracle whether by will or by force, we all cant die because of a girl who has refused to give up her body for the sake of her people” another elder said while standing up to leave. Others followed him arguing on their way out.

Suddenly there was an aura of grey around her. It was a mist that wouldn't rise. A state of depression that she couldn't see herself through. She felt a terrible weight on her shoulders. It was as if a giant boulder was laid on her and she couldn't straighten up or catch her breath entirely.

continue reading it here: http://www.akosaseries.com/2015/11/episode-7-ekepython.html

(1) (Reply)

Inspired Push / Stupid Funny Quotes / ..........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.