Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) (2494 Views)

Lota Chukwu And Her Dogs Celebrate Children's Day (Photos) / I Was In Labour For 20 Hours – Tiwa Savage / For These 10 Female Celebs, Every Day Is No Bra Day (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by viviangist6: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
Saw this interesting story on Facebook. Shared by Chiemezie Claire Asunugwo-Anyanwu. Pictured above is a wheelbarrow pusher named Bashir who does his business at markets in Abuja and its environs. He's always well dressed despite what his job is.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-GnYt7magxb8/VloU3CpaHVI/AAAAAAAHeq4/hCQe7kvExCk/s400/1.jpg[/img] [img]http://2.bp..com/-maokicsmWdI/VloU2zX7Y0I/AAAAAAAHeq8/Ke6nmOIHKtk/s400/2.jpg[/img] [img]http://2.bp..com/-ghCoxA0AR88/VloWsJWpYeI/AAAAAAAHerM/iy3JDJ4EnvU/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

"You can find dignity in your job." His name is Bashir Suleiman, he's a Mai-barrow and a proud one at that. I was privileged to have him gather my groceries and produce for me as I shopped in the market today. First of all he was very well dressed with his clothes well ironed as if he was going to a proper office work and I was told by the fruit seller who saw my initial surprise when Bashir approached me that it was his custom to dress well daily to his Mai-barrow job. It got even more interesting when I caught a whiff of his "perfume" and noticed his socked feet in a pair of well polished sandals. Other barrow pushers approached me but with my curiosity already piqued and biased towards Bashir, I felt it an honor to have him gather my stuff for today. Next, he had very good communication skills, his grammar may not have been ivy-league standard, but we communicated very easily while he helped bridge the gap between my Hausa language spattering and my needful communication in same language with my customers who spoke little or no English. Bashir was very much involved in every bit of my shopping making sure I wasn't cheated and my change was properly counted out and given to me. Bashir also showed me the best places I didn't even know existed in the market to buy the freshest produce at competitive prices. Bashir was attentive, involved, sharp, smart, fast and market savvy too. Whilst we were shopping, Bashir got as many as 3 different phone calls from customers like me who were en route the market and wanted him on standby for them. One told him where to wait for her while the other told him she was prepared to wait till he was free to serve her since he was currently engaged. Bashir did his job with a great attitude and a smile, he was polite and courteous yet humble and ready to serve. At the end, I had to give Bashir much more than I have ever given a Mai-barrow( and believe me I always tip them generously) because Bashir beat all stereotypes and made my life much easier today. Of course I left with Bashir's phone number decisively saved in my phone book. People like Bashir have further strengthened my belief that the future generation of our country can and will excel and be better than the past generations. Tomorrow we may just see a registered company--Bashir Uber-Mai-barrow Ltd, with clean, well dressed and courteous service boys...making shoppers' lives easier, earning good money, even paying taxes to the government and contributing their quota to the system versus the modern day entrenchment of criminality by the teeming unemployable youth that are not ready to work yet maraud the society today. Now this is what I call, progress, long sightedness, wisdom and imminent vital prosperity. Let's all join hands and make the skies of these young men a stepping stone by encouraging them in whatever ways possible. Thanks for reading.... Thanks Bashir.

Source Facebook Timeline https://web.facebook.com/chiemeziea?fref=ts

Posted By Vivian Gist

Cc; lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by chifreke(f): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
Great
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by adonbilivit: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
eruku toh package. way to go.

@ the guy below me, if I slap u eh, u go free viviangist
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is amazing, yes. But make my day at 10pm? You need koboko.
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by vivypretty(f): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
nice one.it all starts with the little steps u take today
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos .. shocked
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by NobleAky(m): 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Which country will Buhari visit again after Malta and Paris? Pls i need Garba Shehu's Number, my neighbour is planning a naming ceremony for his new baby in Mogadishu-Somalia and Buhari's presence is needed!
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
End Time Mai-Barrow
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by ImmaculateIfy: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
success in ur business
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
This touched me so deep

I pray bashir excel in life nd become very succesful in life

He just motivated me

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy thank u bashir!!!!!!!
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by ShakurM(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
I don't buy this! what is worth doing is what doing well, selling gala in traffic wearing suit and tie, doctors wearing agbada . Right uniform for the job! angry, come try am for Lagos na, nobody go tell you to off cloth abeg, can't you think? With that sun, wearing native, OK he won't sweat..
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by rawpadgin(m): 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
he loves his job
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by libertyfather(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
grayht:
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos .. shocked

Here is someone like Bashir, weldone dude keep it up wink
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by libertyfather(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
ShakurM:
I don't buy this! what is worth doing is what doing well. Right uniform for the job! angry, come try am for Lagos na, nobody go tell you to off cloth abeg

This kind of thinking gets you no where, what about lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Jackeeh(m): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
Viviangist copying Linda Ikeji word for word won't suffice. Next time,own your heading!
http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/photos-truly-there-is-dignity-in-labour.html?m=1
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by viviangist6: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
@ lalasticlala
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by mrking3(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
[b]for you to excel here in Nigeria as a business man or woman, you must have good sense of packaging! Have anyone been to Ikota shopping complex Road5 just the front gate of Gtbank, you'll see some well dressed guys! Looking quite flambouyant selling Recharge cards! One will readily ask what their intentions are? The good thing here is that big shots from VGC usually patronize them well. So I think the only magic here is doing things differently from the norm! You'll make it!
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by lordcyl3(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
am motivated
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Damalex4luv(m): 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2015
I attended a birthday party with a gathering
of about 30 people. I sat at the front seat. A
lady started distributing food. She started
from the back and unfortunately, it didn’t get
to us sitting at the front.
Another lady started sharing the drinks, she
started from the front but unfortunately I had
already moved to sit at the back. Again the
drink didn’t get to me.
I was so furious that I stood up to take my
leave but then I saw three ladies each with a
big bowl. This time, I tried to be wise by
sitting at the middle. One of the ladies
started the sharing from the front, the
second lady started distributing from the
back. The two ladies were sharing fried
turkey.
When they got to the middle where I was
seated, it got finished again! Feeling so
frustrated, I bent my head, putting my face
in my hands… but then the third lady tapped
me and stretched her bowl for me to pick. I
stretched and put my hands inside the
bowl… Guess what was in the bowl?
Toothpicks. "_" *tears

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Alhajipaulo(m): 2:37am On Nov 29, 2015
NobleAky:
Which country will Buhari visit again after Malta and Paris? Pls i need Garba Shehu's Number, my neighbour is planning a naming ceremony for his new baby in Mogadishu-Somalia and Buhari's presence is needed!
no chill @ dis yans. hehe
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Alhajipaulo(m): 2:39am On Nov 29, 2015
Damalex4luv:
drink didn’t get to me.
turkey.
Toothpicks. "_" *tears
really!! u jst wrtie abt an old dry jokes

1 Like

Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Akposkool(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2015
This story is false. Look at the environment as it looks scanty. No wheel barrow pusher works in a dry street jare. You mostly find them in parks and markets. The guy is buying items from a shop and arranging it for a real wheel barrow guy to help take it somewhere.
If it was real why didn't you show us images of him pushing the wheel barrow?
Please make una dey small small lie abeg today na sunday
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by pretydiva(f): 5:30am On Nov 29, 2015
ShakurM:
I don't buy this! what is worth doing is what doing well, selling gala in traffic wearing suit and tie, doctors wearing agbada . Right uniform for the job! angry, come try am for Lagos na, nobody go tell you to off cloth abeg, can't you think? With that sun, wearing native, OK he won't sweat..
dont be a kill joy undecided
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by pretydiva(f): 5:31am On Nov 29, 2015
This is what I call quality packaging. More power 2 ur elbow bashir
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by prettyjo(f): 6:08am On Nov 29, 2015
odimma
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2015
ShakurM:
I hate your shallow mentality....

@op, this is the best article I have read this year (from Jan. To now) it thought me a lot...

I'm a professional seriously thinking of how to start up a business my line, n believe me this had thought me a lot....

Before now, I have been having cold feet as my kind of business is very crowded, now I know I could still go in, break stereotypes , set some newer heights and carve a niche

Thank you..
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by xage(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2015
ShakurM:

Stop type when u are drunk,otherwise u will keep typing junks likes this one
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:31am On Nov 29, 2015
The boy is richer than lots of graduates. He makes mai barrow work attractive. The boy's future is bright,it won't take him long before he becomes rich
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:54am On Nov 29, 2015
halfrica:
This touched me so deep

I pray bashir excel in life nd become very succesful in life

He just motivated me

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy thank u bashir!!!!!!!
girls are so emotional grin grin
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2015
Damalex4luv:
drink didn’t get to me.
turkey.
Toothpicks. "_" *tears
yey yeeeey, oma shey o cry cry cry cry
Re: Truly, There Is Dignity In Labour. This Will Make Your Day! (photos) by viviangist6: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2015
Cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Vs Her Sister. Who Rocks? / Photos: How Men Now Pose On Nigerian Red Carpets / +18. The Game Strikes Again With Another Photo Of His Eggplant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.