Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

3 Things You Should Do Before You Become A Stranger Where You Are Accepted Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 Things You Should Do Before You Become A Stranger Where You Are Accepted Today (473 Views)

3 Things People Believe Money Is But Is Not / Stranger Donates His Kidney To Father Of 5 / With $2 You Can Start Earning Income, Nigerians Are Accepted! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Things You Should Do Before You Become A Stranger Where You Are Accepted Today by odutolasodiq(m): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2015
Just few weeks after I graduated from the University, I visited the school to take advantage of the
Wi-Fi network to download some heavy files. I was surprised to see the expression on some of
my friends’ faces, while they were happy to see me, virtually all of them asked for the reason why
I came. Then in my heart, I was saying, “Oh, this means I do not officially belong here at the
moment for they will not ask me what I was doing if we were yet to graduate”. Just like that? Am
I now a stranger? Yes, I was but not a total stranger because of the impacts God helped me to
make before I left the school. Some have sought for my contacts to get in touch, while some
others were happy to meet me in person.
It then dawned on me that no matter where or what you are, change is inevitable, you will soon
leave and after a long while, you might become a stranger there. So, before you leave that
school, office, family, service year, journey, position and eventually this world, I suggest that you
do these 3 things:
Show Love to People
Love is the best gift you can give to anybody; it is also the best investment you can make in a
life. Love is the weapon that has the ability of converting an enemy into a friend. Believe in
people’s potentials, treat them with kindness, celebrate their success, and listen to them,
remember that you don’t have to understand their choices to respect or accept them. Don’t just
love them in your heart alone; express it through words and actions. Your love for others will be
engraved on their hearts when you are no longer there. Remember, to love others is a
commandment by God, so it is a must for you, if you want to be in the will of God. Show love to
somebody today.
Solve a Problem
Problem solvers are rarely forgotten, especially by those who have once experienced the
problem. You will be remembered for the problems you either create or solve, but it is better to
be on the positive side. The likes of Thomas Edison, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Steve Jobs
and many other front-liners and inventors will never be forgotten for the problems they solved.
Of course, people like Adolf Hitler will also be remembered. You must make a choice to either be
remembered as an angel or a demon. It won’t happen by coincidence. It must be deliberate.
Leave a legacy
A legacy is something inherited from a predecessor. What will you leave behind for others
coming behind you. Leaving a legacy is by showing people a path to follow; showing them a
way of life. It involves showing love to people, solving a problem and a lot more. It is about
leading a life that others will be inspired and motivated to follow. If I may ask you, what legacy
will you love to leave behind for your successors where you are today? Don’t forget, you may
soon become a stranger.
I have seen a lot of names engraved on walls in schools, lodges and rooms. I however want you
to know that such will not prevent you from being a stranger if something worthwhile is not
attached to the name. Don’t leave just your name behind, but leave a meaning that people can
attach to you. I love Jesus of Nazareth because he did these three things and many more. He is
the best leader I have ever heard about and the greatest world influencer. I want to be like him! I
will keep learning from him and living like him. If you have such ambition, then I advise you to
join me in the quest.
jasperconcepts.com/3-things-you-should-do-before-you-become-a-stranger-where-you-are-accepted-today/

(1) (Reply)

3 Normal Testosterone Boosters / Advertising Approach This Holiday Peroid / Boxing Day Indeed!!!!(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.