Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Empathy Is No Magic In Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Empathy Is No Magic In Business (324 Views)

Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue / No Magic Policy Can Strengthen Naira Now – Emefiele / Want To Succeed In Business? Read The Best Business Advice From Aliko Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Empathy Is No Magic In Business by sochima1989(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
Some say 'human by all natural standard shows no empathy' others will say 'it is learned and very limited' while some will tell you ' it is only for those who deserves it'

For a good customer service agent, empathy is just a simple trick that works many wonders. Empathy is seeing every situation through the eyes of the customer.

I hear many customer persons say: I have to delete myself from the picture, pull my seat off the company's side and stand by the customer and after that situation the company takes off my seat and i go jobless, the customer? gone as the winner.

Sincerely, every company has got very good policies that should resolve customers' compliant and questions but you as a customer person must find the answer within your company's policies and do the simple Empathy Trick. HOW?

1. Listen very well to customers complains....never miss the details and assume its a peculiar problem. listen as if its a new complain from heaven. Failure to listen could be a bigger problem.
2. Apologize to the customer. Saying you are sorry is not an always acceptable apology but making the customer know you are sorry with your body language and vocal texture can convince that customer.
3. Prove to the customer that you want to and can help savage the situation. Apology with no resolution is as worse as telling the customer to go else where. Learn how to manage the situation for a very short term and in a long run resolve with a permanent solution.
4. your choice of words tells how much empathy you show. You should be polite but tell the customer what he/she wants to hear even if the customer is not polite. Never shift the blame to the company thinking its not your fault but that of your company. Such words that will make you good and the company bad are too poor the show empathy.
5. Ask for solutions from as many points you can go. Do not make the customer see you as an incompetent agent but make them see that you want to go extra miles for them. Asking them for solution is not an always bad idea

https://customersplace./2015/11/30/empathy-is-not-a-magic/

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Buy Hiti 6400 Photo Paper? / World's Leading Travel Technology Provider Company Of 2015. / The Evil Call Stamp Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.