Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. (816 Views)

See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / 4 Possible Ways Technology Can Drive Nigeria’s Economy Out Of Recession / 10 Shocking Facts About The Health Dangers Of Wi-fi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by mrphysics(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
what we need is more of people who specialize in the impossible.- THEODORE ROETHKE

Technology is going to change what we think of as scarcity . it's the common denominator that makes us fearful.
But scarcity doesn't have to be a permanent condition. Technology can change it.
Did you know that there was a time when the rarest, most precious metal on earth was .....aluminum? Technology is a resource-liberating mechanism. Given the way our world population is growing, we need to be liberating those resources faster and ever. that exponential CHANGE we were talking about?
They are four shocking facts about our growing economy that nothing apart from TECHNOLOGY can solve, by this post, I aim to incite technology hunger in the minds of our youth, I want to let our students, the undergraduate know about the challenge ahead, I want the government to pay more attention to our ministry of science and technology. below are facts that will shock you.

1. it took a little more than 200,000 years - or until the year 1804 - for the population of human beings to multiply to a total of 1 billion people .

2. it took only 123 years (1927) for the human population to double to 2 billion people.

3. But it took just 33 years (1960) before there were 3 billion people on the planet earth! .

. 4. it took a mere 14 years (1974) for another billion to be added, for a total of 4 billion people .

shocked??

today they are 7.2 billion people on the planet! if we keep growing at our current pace, scientists estimate, the population will be 9.6 billion by 2050.

How can earth sustain son many people? if we keep consuming our resources at the current rate, according to Jim Leaped of the world Wide Fund, "we are using 50% more resources than the Earth can sustainably produce, and unless we change course, that number will grow fast by 2030, even two planets will not be enough.

Human ingenuity and technology together have a way of keeping up with our needs.

"the key to abundance is meeting limited circumstances with unlimited thoughts."

"the best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan kay

By Nigeria last census, we are 160 million people, currently Nigeria has a population of 175 million. I.e within a space of 9years, we added 15 million persons to our population. Even agriculture may not sustain us at this rate, but technology, I mean advanced technology will.

LET NIGERIANS ARISE
LET OUR YOUTHS, STUDENTS ARISE
LET US EMBRACE TECHNOLOGY AND BUILD A GREAT NATION.

Excerpts from MONEY MASTER THE GAME By TONY ROBBINS.

3 Likes

Re: Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by Booyakasha(f): 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ha
Re: Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by paranorman(m): 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
We better start building Elisium.
Re: Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by oglalasioux(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Ok. But I was actually expecting the article to elaborate on ways technology can help do that.
Re: Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by mrphysics(m): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
oglalasioux:
Ok. But I was actually expecting the article to elaborate on ways technology can help do that.
I will soon drop that
Re: Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
This one is going rather well! cheesy
Re: Four Shocking Facts About Our Population That Technology Can Solve. by hahn(m): 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
We need to solve the electricity issue first though undecided

(1) (Reply)

The 9 Inventions Americans Think Are Mostly Likely To Happen In 50 Years / Mcafee My Account | Mcafee Activation Support / Please Help, My Generator Is Consuming Excess Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.