Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

From Newsletter To Thriving Online Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / From Newsletter To Thriving Online Business (312 Views)

QHSE Newsletter Series 12 / Turn Your Website Into A Thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website / Turn Your Website Into A Thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Newsletter To Thriving Online Business by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
November has been a pretty wild ride for me as an entrepreneur. I've made some significance progress with my online businesses, and managed to launch a new venture in just a short time, Suite X8. And while both seem to be doing just fine, I have to admit that I've jumped the gun on their launch and growing their brands. (For those who don't know, "jumping the gun" means to start too early.)

I talk a little bit about that mistake in this Nairaland thread ------> https://www.nairaland.com/2762987/committed-one-worst-entrepreneurial-sins

But after running the business for a month, I realized it was taking away from my primary objective and focus, which was to grow North of Zero into a full-time business. And I won't be able to do that, if I'm spending my time growing and exploring every other idea that comes into my head.

Steve Jobs once said, "People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But that's not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that are there."

Instead of telling myself to focus on North of Zero, I was focusing on everything around it that I felt would lead to more growth and more opportunity. Which they did, but at the expense of my regular objective.

But I'm going to get back on track, and focus on what it is that I've always wanted to do, which is grow North of Zero into a full time business.

Right now, it's just a newsletter that offers free tips and advice to beginning marketers and online entrepreneurs about marketing, conversion rate optimization and generating growth in an online business. But in the future, I'd like to turn it into a full marketing research and analytics firm. My primary focus is on helping new and early-stage Internet entrepreneurs. And as the firm grows, I will provide solutions for existing entrepreneurs as well.

I want to help people not only figure out how to start an online business, but show them how to grow successfully. I want to teach them what tactics and strategies work and don't work, and give them the resources and information they need to take their business to new heights.

I'm not looking to build a get-rich-quick scheme. There are plenty of those out there, and if that's what people are looking for, they will need to go elsewhere. I'm building something that will help people build real businesses. Which means it's going to take some time before I get things right, and that's okay. A solid foundation is needed before anything can stand firmly on its own. smiley

You can follow my journey by visiting my website when it is available by following my threads and posts here on Nairaland. I'll be sharing a lot of content about North of Zero, but also about online business, and how you too can get started growing your own business as well.

Take care and be blessed!

Ra

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Career Is This Called? / Sage 50 (peachtree) Training For The Month Of May / Civil Service Unprofessionalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.