Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Penastory Series: TWENTY - EPISODE 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory Series: TWENTY - EPISODE 1 (640 Views)

Twenty Episode 7 (A Story Of Lust, Love, Murder And Revenge) / Penastory : That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed: Every Girl’s Fantasy (18+) / Penastory Series: TWENTY - EPISODE 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Series: TWENTY - EPISODE 1 by Abisoyee(m): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2015
http://penastory.com/2015/12/01/twenty-episode-1/

It was 6:00pm, an hour since Matthew had said he would be coming over when she had called him. Her agitation wouldn’t let her sit still by the window where she kept peeping, hoping for the welcomed sight of Matthew. She became restless and stood up from her window watch and began to pace the room, her pacing was like that of a person in a trance. She would walk to the window and gaze out before walking the entire length of the room again, her lips were moving but no words came out as all the words were running through her dazed mind.

“What will I do with the body?” That was the million dollar question that kept haunting her mind as she waited for Matthew. She wasn’t bothered about the life of the twenty-six year old that she had just ended abruptly. There was no trace of remorse in her features as she stood over the lifeless body. She moved away from the body and huddled in a corner, drawing her knees close to her chin, letting her hair fall in loose waves about her face. Her twenty year old face had that confused feature that most young people bore in those moments when they were confronted with the harsh realities of adulthood and the innocence of their childhood fights not to be done away with.

She checked her Rolex wristwatch, another two hours had passed and there was still no sign of Matthew. She stood up and stretched her leg which had gone numb from the lack of blood circulation to it due to her sitting position which she had maintained for well over an hour. She went to the window and peered outside, it was pitch dark. Edmund Crescent was one of those places that activities halted quickly and by 8:00pm, everywhere was as silent as a graveyard.

Two hours later, she decided it was time to make a move with or without Matthew. With a strength that surprised even she herself, she managed to drag the body to the backyard. The moon looked like it was brighter than usual that night as it sat comfortably in the starless sky, it seemed to be mocking her with its rays and she shivered a bit from the cold as she felt the wind also tease her skin with a cold gust.

“Lord I know I’ve killed a man, I don’t ask for your mercy, I ask for you to forgive this idiot and my only wish for him is to rot in hell.” These were the last words that accompanied the body to its shallow grave about two hour later and as she made her way back into the house, her thought went to Matthew. She felt too tired to want to try call him again that night and she made a mental note to let him know her displeasure at his disappointment. She headed straight for the kitchen where she sat down and lit a cigarette before stripping off her clothes to head off into the bathroom. She took a bottle of wine with her as she ran the bath and continued smoking, listening to a radio presenter talk about relationships and family life on a late night radio show.

She must have fallen asleep in the tub as she was suddenly startled back into consciousness with the shrill ring of the telephone. Naked, she quickly ran into the kitchen to pick up the phone, her sleep befuddled mind assuming it must be Matthew.

“You better have a good explanation for your standing up last night Matthew,” she barked into the phone but the voice from the other end startled. It wasn’t Matthew’s voice.

“Hello am I on to Miss Parker please?” The voice waited for her to confirm her identity before continuing “I’m Detective Chids from Sabo Police Station.”

“Okay? How may I help you?”

“I am afraid I would need you to come in to identify a body. We think it might be someone you know.” She laughed derisively and hung up without another word. Two deaths in one!

“What is Edmund Crescent turning into?” she yelled into the silent night.

Visit us at PenAStory for more literary pieces www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

Poem On Grief........ / JK Rowling Shares Rejection Letters She Received 4rm Top Publishers / BEGINNINGS (A POEM BY BLACQ2009)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.