Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Face Of Fashion Africa And Africa Icon Awards, Second Edition Will Be The Best - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Face Of Fashion Africa And Africa Icon Awards, Second Edition Will Be The Best (877 Views)

South Africa And Dead Pose. / The National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Endorses Face Of Fashion Africa / Face Of Fashion Africa And Africa Icon Awards, Second Edition Will Be The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Face Of Fashion Africa And Africa Icon Awards, Second Edition Will Be The Best by GtDigital(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
As the days of this year 2015, are far spent, and new year 2016, is fast approaching, it is a good omen that everybody is busy trying to put final touch to this year projects. While some are busy skirmishing with this year activities, others have gone ahead to make premeditated plans for the programs and projects for next year.
When you have a lot to do, start with a meal! As some pageant/awards organizers have a hell of a time getting through this year edition of their brands, the Face of Fashion Africa/Africa Icon awards has started her preparations for the second edition of face of fashion Africa, to be staged next year, 2016. In our exclusive interview with Mr Abraham lawal, the CEO of Face of Fashion Africa/Africa Icon Awards, Mr. Abraham explained to Gt9ja that his organization is prepared and ready to stage the second edition of their program comes next year, 2016. And not just staging a program but making history in the entertainment industry. Except!

Question: can we meet you sir?
Answer: my names are Abraham Lawal. I am from Oyo state. I was bred in plateau state, Jos to be specific. I am a fashion designer and I based in Abuja. I have passion for fashion and fashion is me and I am fashion. We are one and you cannot separate both of us! I am the CEO Face of Fashion Africa/Africa Icon Awards. Today, we have too many fashion designers and I love to be distinguished, that is one of the reasons I decided to make my fashions and create a platform where Africans can come together to showcase and celebrate our fabrics and attires in our own Africa ways.

Question: is this your first event?
Answer: no! We are planning and strategising for our second edition. We did the maiden edition this year. It was so hectic for me and my team because of that we have decided to start planning now. We don't need to wait till next year before we kick off.

Question: what are we expecting in the second edition?
Answer: expect the best! ...expecting a bigger event! We want to organize a show that will be the best of its kind. It will just be show but an event that will make impart in the lives of Africans. Take for instance, our maiden edition we only organized beauty pageant event but the second edition we shall also be celebrating Africans who have done well in promoting African courses with the introduction of Africans Icon Awards. We are expecting beauty queens, models and entertainers from all African countries. We look forward to an event where Africans will come to celebration our rich cultures through fashion.

Question: of what impact is face of fashion Africa in the society?
Answer: we are trying to educate our youths on the value of Africa attires. This is the one of the major ways we can showcase our cultures. Face of Fashion Africa is a platform where models showcase our Africa stuffs, fabrics and attires. And it is getting interesting because, the world today, patronizes Africans attires! Also we encourage the younger generations to fashionize and utilize the African fashions. With the office of the queen, the first project we did, was breast cancers awareness which was headed by Goodwill Ambassador Awards. And right now, we are working on a project called "SUPPORT NIGERIAN WINDOWS TODAY"; this will be done in collaborations with government agencies, cooperative organizations and sympathetic individuals. Above all, we want to see Africans celebrating, promoting, and developing Africans attires. And also to use the same platform to empower the girl child in the society!

Question: what is Africa Icon Awards?
Answer: The AFRICA ICON AWARDS (AIAS) is geared at recognizing Africans who have distinguished themselves by contributing to the Advancement of Africa. The African ICON Awards celebrates Men and Women all over Africa who have demonstrated uncommon patriotism, excellent, strong and exceptional leadership through civil governance and responsibilities. Meanwhile, it is pertinent to mention, that we are also trying to appreciate and recognise our passed heroes such as Late Obafemi Awolowo, Late Nelson Mandela, Late Fela and many more in Africa.

Question: where and when will you kick off your auditions?
Answer: our audition will kick off next year in Lagos and other places within Africa where audition will take place will be communicated as we progress.

Question: what are you plans to make this second edition the best of its kind?
Answer: we are bringing top Africa fashion designers from all parts of Africa to grace the event and showcase their talents. Top Africa entertainers will being performing live and some of them will be given awards based on the excellent jobs they are doing in promoting Africa. All the contesters will bring their African attires...a contester from Kenya will come with her Kenyans' cultural and traditional attires, contester from Cameroun will come with her Cameroonians' cultural and traditional attires and so on and so forth. Face of fashion Africa and Africa icon Awards 2016...it all Africana by Africans!

Question: how does one participate?
Answer: our forms are on sales now. All interested super models should go to any nearby FCMB nationwide and purchase their forms with the sum of five thousand naira only. Participants make deposit of five thousand naira into FCMB. Account Name: Face of Africa Concept, Account Number: 3452854011and obtain a teller from the bank. The teller will be used on the day of auditioning. A T-shirt from the sponsors will be attached to each form obtained by participants.

Question: team members?
Answer: Ashley Yusuf (Project Manager)
Faustyno Wilson (Project Coordinator) and for more information call +2347062111207, +2348051900901, +2348174224154, +2348168599742, BBM:59319B41, BBM:590A6bFA, BBM:2BEFE789 you can also visit our website: www.faceoffashionafrica.org, www.facebook.com/faceoffashionafrica,

Re: Face Of Fashion Africa And Africa Icon Awards, Second Edition Will Be The Best by swemzkid(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2015

(1) (Reply)

'higher' Institution (hilarious Photo) / Ritualists In Another Level! Sex Hawkers Be On Alert!!! / ~~~prof. Wole Soyinka Says, 'where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths!'~~~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.