Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Construction Management Vs Cheap Building Materials - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Management Vs Cheap Building Materials (471 Views)

Cheap Building Materials In A Soon To Be Demolished House / Current Prices Of Building Materials - March 30 / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Construction Management Vs Cheap Building Materials by sunlitlogistics(f): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
A CASE STUDY OF EMEKA NDUDI.
I had a friend, Emeka Ndudi from Mbaise in Imo State. We went to primary school together, and we were rejoined in the University. He later left Nigeria for the USA. After about 10 years, with all the Social media hype, we reconnected a few years ago. He told me of the big project he had started in Mbaise. I wondered how he was able to pull that off judging that only a few of us made decent incomes. Just then I remembered that even a janitor could make an outstanding income when converted to naira.
He went on to describe the home that had cost him N40M with pictures. I couldn't believe any better. He speculated the date of the grand opening, I keyed it in and set a reminder. If for nothing else, to see the magnificence of Emeka's building.
A week before the ceremony, I had seen a post of Emeka alleging he died a few days ago. THAT WAS PRACTICALLY UNBELIEVABLE. I couldn't get any answers. I mustered courage and went to Mbaise to get information on what killed EMEKA NDUDI?
I had pics of the house and expected to use it as a landmark to find Emeka. But all to my dismay and uttershock, there was no such thing as a duplex anywhere in their compound. I didn't need an answer to the questions ravaging my mind. These are my thoughts:
1) Emeka Ndudi died as a result of complications that may have arisen on discovery that he was scammed by his trusted uncle.
2) There was no hut or duplex anywhere, and he had spent his lifetime savings of about N40M on a non existent project.
3) That the issue of trust has become a great concern for people transacting business and the most saddening, is the issue of trust between relatives.
4) That there is the need for anyone embarking on any project at all to make enquiries of alternative building materials prices and seek professional help anyway possible.
5) That there are professional companies that do any sort of business in Nigeria. All you need to do is invesrigate them, send people to their offices and relate with their online presence before doing business with them.
6) The banking institutions have the ability of being a third party in any business transaction and account officers can be used to disburse money. Their branches can also be contacted to supervise the project for which resources have been disbursed.
7) When dealing with such companies, it's advisable to pay money into their corporate account. This is because there is much more security with corporate account than with an individual account. Their shareholders can be apprehended if there be any scam.

My friend would have lived if he had his house. He would have been merry.
Adieu Ndudi! You still live on!

(1) (Reply)

Asaba: New Blocks Of 2/3 Beds Flats All En Suit With Visitors Toilets And Stores / I Need A One Hecter Farmland In Pasali Kuje Abuja / Estate Agents, Property Merchants And Surveyors Register With Real Estate Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.