Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? (1134 Views)

This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House / She Got Pregnant At 11 But Today She Is Married And Also A Masters Holder / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
This thread is not to castigate any religion or belief. This discussion was borne out of a discussion i had with someone

she is of the opinion that marrying a spouse from different religion or belief has nothing to do with happiness in the home. She added that there are good ladies and gentlemen with awesome character but practice idolatory etc. so to say and shee cited several examples

So i want to ask
Should Religion/belief come to play in choosing the partner u desire??

For those who are married or dated from other religion/beliefs aside dia own what was d experience like pls share yours.

Matured comment is highly welcomed. Pls no abuses or insults to any religion/beliefs i plead...
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by thorpido(m): 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
People do marry other people of different faiths and they are able to keep the marriage together.
The bible however says can two people work together except they be agreed?Having the same direction and purpose is much better than having different beliefs.
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Pidggin(f): 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
Marrying from the same religion promotes unity
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2015
Pidggin:
How true is ur fact. Do u av proofs to back it up?
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2015
HMM dating or marrying someone from different religion promotes peace,oneness and unity plus understanding.
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
HMM dating or marrying someone from different religion promotes peace,oneness and unity plus understanding.
Ok. but dat shud b when they both tolerate each other religion shey?
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2015
akinsal:

Ok. but dat shud b when they both tolerate each other religion shey?
Yes ure right they should not allow their various religious activities get in their way thats why total understanding is compulssory.
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
People do marry other people of different faiths and they are able to keep the marriage together.
The bible however says can two people work together except they be agreed?Having the same direction and purpose is much better than having different beliefs.
How long will u continue to search for someone wth d same direction n purpose? because u will agree wth me dat even persons wth same direction n purpose cud still have imperfections amongst them
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by austine4real(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2015
Just passing by

seun osewa abeg i wan piss wey ur toilet?
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by thorpido(m): 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
akinsal:

How long will u continue to search for someone wth d same direction n purpose? because u will agree wth me dat even persons wth same direction n purpose cud still have imperfections amongst them
The people who are not of the same direction and purpose do not have less imperfections.Human beings are not perfect.What people desire is someone who has a good moral background and a good character and flaws that one can live with.
Do you mean as a Christian for example,it would be so difficult to find someone who believes in Jesus and is of good moral background and character?
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Ursino(f): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
Me cannot handle it. But if u can, good for you.
To tell you how deep it is with me, I cannot marry outside my Christian denomination, not to talk of mixed marriage. Tufiakwa! I can manage a guy from another tribe; but compromise my religion? Mbanu!
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by SAMBARRY: 5:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Pidggin:
even 2christian couples or 2Muslim couples fight and divorce over repairable issues
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Pidggin(f): 6:06am On Dec 03, 2015
akinsal:

How true is ur fact. Do u av proofs to back it up?

Your kids will not have to make a decision on who to follow
You will not be jealous or harbour a grudge against your spouse if the kids choose to adopt their religion
You will be more understanding if/when your spouse needs to be more involved in her religious duties
Practising your religion together as a family promotes bonding
Your In-laws may tend to mistrust you more when you do not practise their religion e.g. being a Christian and marrying from a Muslim family, or being an atheist and marrying from a Christian family e.t.c.
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Pidggin(f): 6:14am On Dec 03, 2015
SAMBARRY:
even 2christian couples or 2Muslim couples fight and divorce over repairable issues

I know, but married couples have an extra burden to deal with when they don't practice the same religion. Several controversial situations can arise from this.
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Exponental(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2015
it depends..

Fashola, Tinubu and Amosun are Muslims with Christian wives and they seems not to have issues with it but however I prefer couples have same religion cos different beliefs could and would bring crisis sometimes.
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Ursino:
Me cannot handle it. But if u can, good for you.
To tell you how deep it is with me, I cannot marry outside my Christian denomination, not to talk of mixed marriage. Tufiakwa! I can manage a guy from another tribe; but compromise my religion? Mbanu!

Are you a Catholic?
Re: For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Pidggin:

Your kids will not have to make a decision on who to follow
You will not be jealous or harbour a grudge against your spouse if the kids choose to adopt their religion
You will be more understanding if/when your spouse needs to be more involved in her religious duties
Practising your religion together as a family promotes bonding
Your In-laws may tend to mistrust you more when you do not practise their religion e.g. being a Christian and marrying from a Muslim family, or being an atheist and marrying from a Christian family e.t.c.
Its relative as all those things may not come into play..altho u are entitled to ur opinion.

But i know of someone who is a christian but his wife is a muslim and not just a muslim but a muslim that has performed d muslim pilgrimage to mecca so far from what i hear from him he has neva complained about her religion.
Dat doesnt mean im in suport or against inter-religious marriage so to say but im just trying to analyze if it really has to do wth having a happy home/marriage

(1) (Reply)

CRUEL Fate-the Story Of Blessing, An HIV Positive Ex-prostitute. / Torn Between Love And Life / 7 Ways You Can Injure Your Wife Without Knowing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.