Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Jim Iyke - Www.jimiyke.net Is Used As Bait For Scammers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jim Iyke - Www.jimiyke.net Is Used As Bait For Scammers (1967 Views)

Jim Iyke And His Son Lie On The Bed (photo) / Jim Iyke Vs Iyanya,who Rocked The Boss Look Better - [PHOTOS] / Peter Okoye Talks About How His Bentley Is Used As Police Car In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke - Www.jimiyke.net Is Used As Bait For Scammers by JIYKEFAN: 7:36pm On May 28, 2009
[center]JIM IYKE'S WEBSITE, WWW.JIMIYKE.NET, IS A COVER FOR SCAMMERS TO SCAM HIS FANS. [/center]

BEWARE!!!

I have noticed that many visitors and posters to Jim Iyke's website often ask why does Jim Iyke, a successful film star, have old, outdated photographs on his fansite.

After nearly two years of visiting his fansite I have concluded that Jim Iyke's pictures are not being updated because the only purpose of his fansite is to serve as bait for scammers.

Jim Iyke is not emailing you. The scammers are.

I have contacted Jim's charity via email re: this activity and I asked them to put some type of disclosure statement on the fansite warning his fans about potential scamming activity.  They thanked me for writing and said that they would put something on the fansite.  Nothing has been done.

My experience:

I have left two entries on his fansite over the past year and on both occasions a scammer contacted me via the email address I left on the fansite claiming to be Jim Iyke and professing his love for me after a couple of emails. I knew they were scammers and after I explicitly made comments about a fear of scammers and not sending money to anyone I don't know (before he asked for $) the scammer immediately stopped emailing. 

Don't be stupid. Ask for an original digital camera snapshot, not a professional picture and Google the image after they send a fake one to you.

In recent news, everyone knows that Jim Iyke now has a girlfriend, Keturah Hamilton and they have plans to marry. 

I love Jim Iyke as an actor and I watch a lot of his films and I will always be a movie fan but his support and failure to protect his fans from scammers is disgusting. 

In the end, you can believe what you want but don't say that you haven't been warned.

I stand by my posting and the only reason I spent time writing this post is because I care about those people that may not know they are being scammed.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Micheal Or Michael?(the Late King Of Pop's First Name) / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine / Tiwa Savage In A Twitter Rage: Totally Uncalled For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.