Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car (1695 Views)

How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car by ahyobammyfaze(f): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
i want to get a volvo xc90 used car. we have concluded the price and the documents are complete but the car dealer said he will be the one to issue the change of ownership document.
my question now is : who is to issue change of ownership? is it the car dealer or the owner of the car whose name appears on all the car documents.
your answer will be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nope o.. Na d car owner go issue change of ownership, d names which appears on d car documents or any document that indicates that dere was a previous owner before d present owner..
Re: Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car by ahyobammyfaze(f): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thanks @hayjaycity

Please i need more submission
Re: Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car by tosygno(m): 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
They don't do change of ownership any longer. What you will have to do is to re-register the vehicle. Just as if you want to register a new car. You will also take the vehicle particulars along with a document transferring the vehicle from the previous owner to you. This can only be done at the Road safety licensing offices where they issue plate numbers.

Please take note that there is nothing like change of ownership again o.
Re: Who Issue Change Of Ownership For A Used Car by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Na lie.. I still did one two months ago... If d car owner decides to sell d number registration of d car with it... He can do a change of ownership to d new buyer...what will happen is jst dat you will be r renewing the license in the former owner name... Dats all... Unless it's an old number which you will still need to change anyway....

(1) (Reply)

#2 Million For 2009 Toyota Corolla To Be Used For Uber Business. I Need Advise / Maintenance On 2005 Pontiac Vibe / Gear Change Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.