Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics (1073 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Some Common Terms, Abbreviations & Slangs Used On Nairaland & Their Meanings. / Help Us Build the Best Nigerian Website Directory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by Orikinla(m): 12:02pm On May 29, 2009
www.switchedonnaija.com

This site is run by a friend of mine and is definitely the best Nigerian website both in terms of content and graphics. Check it out:
~ Tolu Oladipo, HR Stanbic IBTC

Do you agree with Tolu?
Re: The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by omonaij(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2009
not sure if its the BEST, but its definitely promising grin
Re: The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by yawatide(f): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2009
1) when I see, "by a friend", that tells me that you are biased. Nothing wrong with that but I don't think you are qualified to say what you have said.

2) part of the URL says, "newcms". This tells me, in addition to viewing the source, it was most likely not done from scratch.

All the same, I know this is a marketing ploy. It isn't the best Nigerian website by any stretch but I will give the guy credit for putting something out there.
Re: The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by DualCore1: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

2) part of the URL says, "newcms". This tells me, in addition to viewing the source, it was most likely not done from scratch.
It was built with Drupal CMS (dont ask how i know, i'm psychic). As far as just this thread is concerned, its being built with a framework or from scratch isnt an issue. The thread maker never made any claims that he or anyone developed it. In terms of content, Drupal doesnt generate content. In terms of Graphics, Drupal again doesnt generate graphics. Yea it was done with Drupal but someone somewhere did some more hardwork in coming up with both textual and graphic content.

I like that facebook style status bar. Tell ur friend to tell you where he downloaded that drupal module from tongue i like it.

Orikinla:

Do you agree with Tolu?
nope tongue
Re: The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by omonaij(m): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2009
nairaland has so much more content they could print a library
Re: The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by omonaij(m): 1:05am On Dec 02, 2010
Re: The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics by taofika: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2010

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use Twitter To Market My Products / I'm In Need Of Execellent Web-designer / Need A Webhosting Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.