Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) (31494 Views)

Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water / Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User / How Uniben Students Fetch Water In Hostel..lwkmd! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by j0shh: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
adebayor1490:
Thought some claim that's the best Uni in 9ja? ki ki ki...
#SMA - Shaking Ma Ass

Best in academics
so wat are u sayin?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by bharyur2103(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
Most people making derogatory comments on this post about the university are obviously oblivious of the status quo in the institution. The University management already ordered students to vacate halls of residence, and is just using this tactic to ensure students adhere to its directive. The students in the picture are the resilient, or better still, stubborn ones who have refused to obey the management's directive.

3 Likes

Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by GambaOsaka: 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
One question for the poster.

When was the pictures taken?

It must have taken yesterday or today because the water situation on the campus was not as bad as you paint it in the picture. The school management ordered everyone to leave the campus and it was because of stubborn students like you that they decided to switch off the electric and water supplies.

Don't paint OAU in a bad light, just because electricity supply was erratic for a few days, you guys were disrupting the whole school calendar.

Abeg go home and see if you've had light in your father's house for 10 straight hours like you do on campus.

2 Likes

Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Fynestboi: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
bharyur2103:
Most people making derogatory comments on this post about the university are obviously oblivious of the status quo in the institution. The University management already ordered students to vacate halls of residence, and is just using this tactic to ensure students adhere to its directive. The students in the picture are the resilient, or better still, stubborn ones who have refused to obey the management's directive.

You said stubborn? You must be joking, do you know most of those that had refused to go home is because of transport fee? I interviewed a student and what he told me was that if omole can give him transport money he will surely go home, not one, not two. So you calling them resilient shows how illogical your reasoning can be.... undecided
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Fynestboi: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
GambaOsaka:
One question for the poster.

When was the pictures taken?

It must have taken yesterday or today because the water situation on the campus was not as bad as you paint it in the picture. The school management ordered everyone to leave the campus and it was because of stubborn students like you that they decided to switch off the electric and water supplies.

Don't paint OAU in a bad light, just because electricity supply was erratic for a few days, you guys were disrupting the whole school calendar.

Abeg go home and see if you've had light in your father's house for 10 straight hours like you do on campus.

Fine the reason for that picture is because there is no water due to the framed mid semester break, but have you for once thought of reason why some of this students are staying back to pass through such to get water? undecided
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by GambaOsaka: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
Fynestboi:

Fine the reason for that picture is because there is no water due to the framed mid semester break, but have you for once thought of reason why some of this students are staying back to pass through such to get water? undecided

What reasons will make them stay back?
The only reason for such is if they are final year science students doing research work.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by onyxo76(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
with that kind of water there will be lots of cases of stooling and vomiting for the school clinic to manage...heard that the management turned off the water and power supply in a bid to force the students home...no water to cook, bathe ,clean ...no light to charge phone, laptop etc...mehn that's really terrible. i can imagine how the female hostels will be by now...
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Fynestboi: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
GambaOsaka:

What reasons will make them stay back?
The only reason for such is if they are final year science students doing research work.

No....
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by sonntag212(f): 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
D tin is d school has bin closed down already. So d lack of water supply is an attempt by d school management 2 frustrate students so dat students will go home. Dia are boreholes in oau and good electricity supply.

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by topsmat: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Se great ife wa leyi,(2X) ko si omi!ko sina!Se great ife wa leyi.Emi aluta e wolle wa o.(Saburi,soweto,mm and others)Where are u?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by roland2rule(m): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
Emisco3310:
OAU Students Discover Stream Water Behind Hostel (Photos)

These pictures show the mouth-opening way the students of the school are surviving during the ongoing management-students wahala. See the stream they discovered.
:
angry angry embarassed embarassed
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Hardeybohwarley(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
Someone once told me OAU was one of the traditional uni in Nja...but I don't believe but now I have..Getting water through one of the traditional means .end time uni
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Donbounce(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
demolinka:
Ah! Ever militant Ife, where u dey? angry

say war!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Donbounce(m): 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
From omi om**e to omi ooni
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by bharyur2103(m): 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Fynestboi:

You said stubborn? You must be joking, do you know most of those that had refused to go home is because of transport fee? I interviewed a student and what he told me was that if omole can give him transport money he will surely go home, not one, not two. So you calling them resilient shows how illogical your reasoning can be.... undecided

If a sewer could puke, it would smell exactly as I imagine your breath does.... If you honestly believe that all the students remaining on campus are those who cannot afford the transport fare to their homes, You must be as gullible as I think you are.... I have in the last 24 hrs chatted with 3 of my friends on campus, and none of them has any genuine reason of being there. Next time, don't be so eager to display your cluelessness.... Ciao
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Fynestboi: 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
bharyur2103:

If a sewer could puke, it would smell exactly as I imagine your breath does.... If you honestly believe that all the students remaining on campus are those who cannot afford the transport fare to their homes, You must be as gullible as I think you are.... I have in the last 24 hrs chatted with 3 of my friends on campus, and none of them has any genuine reason of being there. Next time, don't be so eager to display your cluelessness.... Ciao

See contradiction.... Did I used ALL Smh.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by chisombenedicta(f): 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
Fynestboi:

y u carry OAU mata for head lyk gala
Won't u graduate niii angry

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Fynestboi: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
chisombenedicta:

What's this one saying? What's the connection between what is been said and your comment? undecided
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by sonickay(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
chisombenedicta:
of course, just graduate and all is well; dats d mentality of the average Nigerian student. You run away from microcosm problems of the country from our schools, enter the society, face bigger problems, oppressed and intimidated, then run to mountain or just keep mum.
Wow, it's so simple, garbage in garbage out, and you start hoping to find chocolate and gold bars inside the garbage called Nigeria one day.

Nemo dat quod non habet
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by hammendable: 6:42am On Dec 05, 2015
@op !! U be weyrey, why do u have to photoshop ur madness join. Oloriburuku.... Am a graduate of OAU and still have friends there(this stream is along ETF)..

You are one of the reasons why the senate's proposed 2years jail time should be increased. Ode

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by bjay13: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2015
I sugest d new minister of educatn request a comprehensiv report on all fed univ concerning d welfare and fund management.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by NomzyJust(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2015
So these are Nigerian students, future leaders of tomorrow.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2015
those photos really confused me and at a point i started seeing double, OP no let me swear for you oo, which kind nonsense pictures be all these na, it also doesn't prove it's OAU-IFE, pls if you must post, post something people can learn from and factual.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by flightz(f): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
onyxo76:
with that kind of water there will be lots of cases of stooling and vomiting for the school clinic to manage...heard that the management turned off the water and power supply in a bid to force the students home...no water to cook, bathe ,clean ...no light to charge phone, laptop etc...mehn that's really terrible. i can imagine how the female hostels will be by now...
pls tell d foolish guards in d health centre to stop acting like retards.. As if they don't have children at home, they refused us charging in the centre and kept shouting like dogs infected wt rabies ! They should channel their frustrations somewhere else!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by flightz(f): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
hammendable:
@op !! U be weyrey, why do u have to photoshop ur madness join. Oloriburuku.... Am a graduate of OAU and still have friends there(this stream is along ETF)..

You are one of the reasons why the senate's proposed 2years jail time should be increased. Ode
why the insult? You aren't cultured at all.. I doubt u grad sef.. Probably had a 3rd class .. Being foul with yur language won't redeem you.. Disgraceful supposedly alumus
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by onyxo76(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
flightz:
pls tell d foolish guards in d health centre to stop acting like retards.. As if they don't have children at home, they refused us charging in the centre and kept shouting like dogs infected wt rabies ! They should channel their frustrations somewhere else!
i thought the health centre shares the same transmission lines as awo , so how come health centre has light?i wonder why those guards act that way but then they are just trying to save their jobs ,its at this time that these principal officers will be paying surprise visits to see if the students are still around and if they see them charging phones at health centre-na sack letter be that ooo... management can be very ruthless oo.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by flightz(f): 7:24am On Dec 06, 2015
onyxo76:
i thought the health centre shares the same transmission lines as awo , so how come health centre has light?i wonder why those guards act that way but then they are just trying to save their jobs ,its at this time that these principal officers will be paying surprise visits to see if the students are still around and if they see them charging phones at health centre-na sack letter be that ooo... management can be very ruthless oo.
thanks for your matured response. So it all boil down to the ruthless management. Even at that, they could have been civilized with the driving away; non teaching staff(secretaries and admin staff) are fond of screaming at students, some suggested its because of inferiority complex as they attended polytechnics or trade school and the like. Oh, the centre was powered by a power plant, standby generator. Its time like this I wish I have super terrestrial powers.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 07, 2015
blesseddivah:
Hi miss!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections / My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. / Two Chibok Girls Graduate From US High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.