Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Good Question Before Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Question Before Christmas (371 Views)

Sincerity For Today's Service (last Sunday Before Christmas) / Why The Rise In Crime Rate Just Before Christmas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Question Before Christmas by Olufonade: 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
London evening shared this thought provoking pix and I felt that it be shared too

Re: Good Question Before Christmas by lanrehamd: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
No where........

meanwhile,
January - Januarius, translation of Latin Januarius, named after JANUS, god of beginnings.
February -Februarius, named for Februa, the feast of purification.
March - March (e), from Latin Martius, (month of) Mars.
April - Averil, OF Avril, Latin Aprilis mensis (month). The name may derive from the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.
May -Maius, Latin Maius mensis (month), from the Greek Maia, goddess of spring .
June - Jun(e), Iunius, from Latin mensis Junius, named after the goddess Juno, Queen of the gods.
July – Julie/Julius, from Latin Julius (Caesar) after whom it was named in 44 BC. The original name was quintilis,
August -Agustus from Latin Augustus (Caesar) 8 BC. The original name was sextilis, sixth month in the early Roman calendar.
September -Septembre from Latin September, seventh month in the early Roman calendar
October - from Latin October, eighth month in the early Roman calendar
November -from Latin November, ninth month of the early Roman calendar, from novem NINE
December -Decembre from OF and Latin December, tenth month of the early Roman calendar (decem TEN + membri from mens MONTH + ri suffix).

NB: Julius Caesar asked an astronomer, Sosigenes of Alexandria, Egypt, to devise a better calendar. What resulted is called the Julian Calendar. He abandoned aligning the months with lunar cycles, and adopted months of 30 or 31 days length, keeping February at 28 days. He introduced an extra day in February in leap years. Sound familiar?
Julius Caesar re-named the 5th month after himself. His successor, Augustus Caesar, re-named the 6th month after himself.
The first day of each month was called Kalendae, or calends. Debts were due on this day, so books to track payments were called calendarium (account book) from which we get our modern day calendar.
Re: Good Question Before Christmas by orunto27: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
I'm every where in the beginning and in the I am coming soon, Amen.
Re: Good Question Before Christmas by Olufonade: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
orunto27:
I'm every where in the beginning and in the I am coming soon, Amen.
Father xmas and xmas itself are big SCAM in christanity.

(1) (Reply)

When Pope Francis Declared He Is Coming To Nigeria / Secrete Of Atheist Leaked By Pastor Olaniyi / Insights On Colossians 3:18-4:1-18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.