Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Family Sucks What You Think? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Sucks What You Think? (1036 Views)

I Get S*xual Feelings Whenever My Son Sucks By Br*ast ––mother Opens Up / I Get Séxual Feelings Whenever My Son Sucks By Bréast ––mother Opens Up / Cambodian Boy Sucks Cow For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Sucks What You Think? by Jduck13(m): 5:27pm On May 29, 2009
I need some help, what do yaw think about this situation I am in?
Ok Im 16 years old and my parents treat me like some lil bitch, They never let me go to Highschool partys, don't let me do what I wanna do or make my own choices, and they still make me go to bed at fuckin 9:30 pm now thats some bs I think, What do yaw think?? I mean if I am old enough to drive I don't think they should institute some bullshit rules all the time, If Im old enough to go to a real prison then I should be old enough to make my own decisions,
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by C2H5OH(f): 5:32pm On May 29, 2009
Then you should be old enough to move out and quit whimpering like a little boy, right big boy?
Simple parentomatics - live under my roof, do as I say.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by mukina2: 5:35pm On May 29, 2009
Sorry but that's how parents are. They always want the best for their kids, the best parent line grin

You are only 16 and complaining?

what about 20 something years old in most parts of Africa?

They have rules, they are being controlled like no tomorrow.

Just bear with it, someday you'll be old enough  to be on your own.

As long as you live under their roof, you have no option but to do as they say.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Jduck13(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2009
true but everything they do continues to ruin my life because I get pissed at them,
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by C2H5OH(f): 5:42pm On May 29, 2009
I don't blame them.  Sounds like you want to ruin your life but they don't want you to.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 29, 2009
@ poster

Wait till you go to college.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by JustGood(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2009
wetin dey do these pikins dem sef?

If you think you're an adult and want to be doing adult things, get your own place and start paying your own way. . .
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by rubi(f): 6:12pm On May 29, 2009
JustGood:

If you think you're an adult and want to be doing adult things, get your own place and start paying your own way. . .
Word
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by C2H5OH(f): 6:16pm On May 29, 2009
JustGood:

thanks.  if he is old enough to go to a real prison, he should be old enough to go out and get a job.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by MaiSuya(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2009
Jduck13:

I need some help, what do yaw think about this situation I am in?
Ok Im 16 years old and my parents treat me like some lil bitch, They never let me go to Highschool partys, don't let me do what I wanna do or make my own choices, and they still make me go to bed at fuckin 9:30 pm now thats some bs I think, What do yaw think?? I mean if I am old enough to drive I don't think they should institute some bullshit rules all the time, If Im old enough to go to a real prison then I should be old enough to make my own decisions,

Just wondering. . . are your parents Nigerians?
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 29, 2009
Mai Suya:

Just wondering. . . are your parents Nigerians?

If N.C. stands for New York City I might understand why his parents won't allow him out.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 29, 2009
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by prittigrrr(f): 10:58pm On May 29, 2009
N.C. should mean North Carolina and it looks like he is in a small town.

Original Poster: PLEASE, WATCH UR LANGUAGE!
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by ifyalways(f): 11:51pm On May 29, 2009
Poster,as long as u stay under their roof,u have to obey them Intoto.
If u want to act and feel all grown up,check into the next hotel/hostel/apartment.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Sissy3(f): 11:57pm On May 29, 2009
if only you know what they are protecting you from
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by NoFearNYC(m): 12:16am On May 30, 2009
michelin89:

If N.C. stands for New York City I might understand why his parents won't allow him out.

Abeg, leave NYC alone, we are not even in the top 15 most dangerous cities or states. wink

@ poster, your parents are probably just worried about you, plus you are next door to S.C. and North Charleston has a very high crime rate(10th most dangerous in the country). As a teenager, parents often seem like a pain you know where. All you can do, is do well at school, maybe get a part-time job and start saving towards your own place - then you will really be grown. For now, you have to live according to their rules.

If you haven't been acting out, talking to your parents might help, maybe you can get your bed time/curfew extended, at least at weekends. It's usually give and take, most parents are willing to be reasonable, if you are living up to your end of the bargain. If they are Nigerian parents, I'm sure education is extremely important to them, so do well at school and watch your language.

You will be 18 in 2 years - then you can move out and run wild, if you want. Right now, you are still a minor and they are legally responsible for your well-being.
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Jduck13(m): 3:06am On May 30, 2009
thank you all posters who are givin good advice such as the last poster

and for the ones like c25oh or whatever jus go on bc you are obviously just internet thugs who think you are tough bc u can run your mouth, Y be disrespectful to someone who is askin an honest question?
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:23am On May 30, 2009
Be patient. . . .u have all the time in the world to be adventurous and explore. . . .

But while u are under ur parents u need to essentially abide by the rules!!
Re: Family Sucks What You Think? by Outstrip(f): 5:11am On May 30, 2009
Of course you should go to bed at 9:30. Don't you have to be at school in the morning? If your parents are Nigerians then all I can say is that is normal. We all went through the same thing. Just focus on school and get good grades and obey your parents. One day you will finally understand. Your parents love you and that is how they show their love.

(1) (Reply)

Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money / Marriage Is Not A Dictatorship / Help! My Husband Is A Cheat:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.