Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? (1510 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by huxley2(m): 11:23pm On May 29, 2009
Why do some religionist get so hot under their pants when evolution is mentioned? Is evolution a threat to religious belief?  If it is, why do they consider it a threat?  And what do detractors of evolution make of other religionists who accept evolution?  Do they think that their theology is wrong-headed?

Watch a very good Christian scientist who accepts and defends evolution here.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by JIL(m): 12:40am On May 30, 2009
Don't you have anything doing.  You waste all your life on nairaland making meaningless posts that make no difference whatsoever. You were created to irritate the world and to demostrate the epitome of foolishness. If my dog was half as stupid as you, I would happilly dash it to a Calabar man.  grin. Im my lifetime, I have met a lot of jobless people and also foolish ones but this is the first time I'm meeting someone who is both jobless and foolish. Be a real man and get a life.

grin WORD OF THE DAY: The only difference between a cow and an atheist is that the cow knows its stupid grin
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by huxley2(m): 12:44am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

Don't you have anything doing.  You waste all your life on nairaland making meaningless posts that make no difference whatsoever. You were created to irritate the world and to demostrate the epitome of foolishness. If my dog was half as stupid as you, I would happilly dash it to a Calabar man.  grin. Im my lifetime, I have met a lot of jobless people and also foolish ones but this is the first time I'm meeting someone who is both jobless and foolish. Be a real man and get a life.

grin WORD OF THE DAY: The only difference between a cow and an atheist is that the cow knows its stupid grin

Ah, Good Christian. I guess this is very complimentary to Calabar men. If you were half as intelligent as that dog (remember, "dog" is god spelt backward) you would attempt these questions, but just as I predicted you can't.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by JIL(m): 1:54am On May 30, 2009
All your threads are aimless and senseless, you jackass. I can't even understand what you are saying, empty buffon.

I have a personal beef with all atheists, home and abroad. Wherever you are, there's no hiding place for you. Im coming to get you.

grin WORD OF THE DAY: What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and kills an atheist; paradise grin

Behold, I eat atheists for breakfast. They leave a bitter taste in the mouth & give an occational headache like Guilder.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 2:08am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

All your threads are aimless and senseless, you jackass. I can't even understand what you are saying, empty buffon.

With insults like that we can recognise a Christian. The more they read the bible the more they use INSULTS.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by SeanT21(f): 3:18am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

I have a personal beef with all atheists, home and abroad. Wherever you are, there's no hiding place for you. Im coming to get you.

grin WORD OF THE DAY: What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and kills an atheist; paradise grin

Behold, I eat atheists for breakfast. They leave a bitter taste in the mouth & give an occational headache like Guilder.

ROTFLMAO!!
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 3:20am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

jesus the nazarene.  see abuse
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by noetic2: 3:29am On May 30, 2009
@ Topic

I think it is fair for the atheist to also tell us what is the problem in defining ur beliefs, scientifically and intellectually.

Evolution is just an irrational way of saying "All things came into being without GOD" without any proof. Whats the point of being irritated at an insignificant postulation?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 11:05am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

Because you think that atheist need to hide from you?. LOL grin grin
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Lady2(f): 8:20pm On May 30, 2009
huxley2:

Why do some religionist get so hot under their pants when evolution is mentioned? Is evolution a threat to religious belief? If it is, why do they consider it a threat? And what do detractors of evolution make of other religionists who accept evolution? Do they think that their theology is wrong-headed?

No evolution is not a threat to religion. Point is God created, however way he deemed to bring about his creation is left to him. If Science shows that evolution is the way in which God brought about his creation then so be it. Point is God got it going.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Lady2(f): 8:21pm On May 30, 2009
The problem comes in when people use evolution or the big bang to prove that God doesn't exist, or use it as their excuse not to believe in God. Problem also comes in when people read Genesis literally and attack evolution.

Hux wats up with the new name?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by JJYOU: 8:25pm On May 30, 2009
~Lady~:

The problem comes in when people use evolution or the big bang to prove that God doesn't exist, or use it as their excuse not to believe in God. Problem also comes in when people read Genesis literally and attack evolution.

[size=18pt]Hux wats up with the new name?[/size]
it is called evolution.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by ifele(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2009
Evolution is a pseudo-science there is no proof that we evolved from apes.

Do apes now existing evolve into humans or give birth to Homo Sapien etc. No

It was created by evil people to destroy the belief in God hence in His righteous will for mankind.

Evolution is used as a means to control the masses to get them out of the control of God into the hands of evil leaders.

Because God opposes every evil thing they are planning and scheming.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Lady2(f): 8:52pm On May 30, 2009
Evolution is a pseudo-science there is no proof that we evolved from apes.

Evolution doesn't say we evolved from apes, but that we have a common ancestor.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 8:54pm On May 30, 2009
ifele:

It was created by evil people to destroy the belief in God hence in His righteous will for mankind.

Evolution is used as a means to control the masses to get them out of the control of God into the hands of evil leaders.

Because God opposes every evil thing they are planning and scheming.

So if your god oppose every evil, then who allowed the existence of evil?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by bawomolo(m): 9:45pm On May 30, 2009
~Lady~:

Evolution doesn't say we evolved from apes, but that we have a common ancestor.

leave that mugu alone. i didn't come from no damn monkey.

Christian secret service how you dey grin
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 9:54pm On May 30, 2009
Atheists are a bunch of Godophoboes.  There's no other way to put it.  I just wish they would learn to be more tolerant and open-minded.  Their fear of God is driving them mad.

bawomolo don't you agree?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by bawomolo(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2009
I agree, we are all nuts about something.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 10:07pm On May 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Atheists are a bunch of Godophoboes.  Their fear of God is driving them mad.
bawomolo don't you agree?

If they are atheists they dont believe in god, so why do you say that they fear god?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 10:26pm On May 30, 2009
Horus:

If they are atheists they dont believe in god, so why do you say that they fear god?
oh it would be fine if it actually ended with the "they don't believe in god" part.  the phobia part kicks in due to the obvious fact that many of you  have actually developed an irrational insecurity, aversion, hatred for God that can only be flogged out of you in a psychiatric ward.

then again you ain't gotta 'gree wit me. what do i kno
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 12:09am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

the phobia part kicks in due to the obvious fact that many of you  have actually developed an irrational insecurity, aversion, hatred for God that can only be flogged out of you in a psychiatric ward.

then again you ain't gotta 'gree wit me. what do i kno

If for an atheist there is NO god how can he hate something that do not exist for him? (I did say for Him)
And why do you think that if someone is against religion this mean that he is atheist.?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 12:11am On May 31, 2009
if he doesn't exist for you why are you so obsessed with him, so much to the extent that you hypertensively assult those who do believe in him?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 12:17am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

if he doesn't exist for you why are you so obsessed with him, so much to the extent that you hypertensively assult those who do believe in him?

This is the reverse thing that is hapening why most of the insults come from christians like Davidylan if they believe in god?, and you didnt answer my question  why do you think that if someone is against religion this mean that he is atheist.?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 12:21am On May 31, 2009
Horus:

And why do you think that if someone is against religion this mean that he is atheist.?
i never said that. u putting words in my mouth, no?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 12:22am On May 31, 2009
Horus:

This is the reverse thing that is hapening why most of the insults come from christians like Davidylan if they believe in god?, and you didnt answer my question why do you think that if someone is against religion this mean that he is atheist.?
i think they got fed up with you people. whomever "you people" are. be it atheists, evolutionists, whatever.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by bawomolo(m): 12:27am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

i think they got fed up with you people. whomever "you people" are. be it atheists, evolutionists, whatever.

fed up with us? or feel intimidated?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 12:29am On May 31, 2009
fed what? grin i would be tired and frustratedof answering the same questions over and over again too. it's plainly annoying.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 12:35am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

The Daily use of insults by christians like Davidylan just reinforce the fact that christians like him (not all) are limiteds in mind. If someone deal with facts, evidences, and reason,  there is no need for insults. this is certainly not the best option. As long as there is no answers anybody can and will come on the forum and ask them the same question.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 12:53am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

fed what? grin i would be tired and frustratedof answering the same questions over and over again too. it's plainly annoying.

Because there is NO answers to the same questions over and over again too. Because They dont know, so they just have to say that they dont know the answers, what is wrong with that?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by C2H5OH(f): 12:58am On May 31, 2009
Horus:

Because there is NO answers to the same questions over and over again too. Because They dont know, so they just have to say that they dont know the answers, what is wrong with that?
Yeah right. I think the ignorance of some of "you people" and your closemindedness is preventing y'all from seeing or accepting the answers to your questions.

To you "their responses makes no sense" . Right?
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by Horus(m): 1:26am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

Yeah right. I think the ignorance of some of "you people" and your closemindedness is preventing y'all from seeing or accepting the answers to your questions.

To you "their responses makes no sense" . Right?

No to them ours questions makes no sense so they reverse the problem by saying that their responses makes no sense to us when in reality There is NO answers. It is simple if they dont want or cannot answer a question they will just say Ohh!! you know your question is stupid or they will say why do you ask a silly question?. When in reality they know very well that the question make a lot of sense, or they will say Ohh!!! you know I think I answered maybe this question in another thread last year or they will just give you an escape link on the post. And when we really ask them again the unanswered question then they start the insults like Fools, Brainless, Idiots, Stupid, Deluded goon, etc (All christian vocabulary). If you want just review many part of the religious forum on Nairaland and you will see by yourself, all the posts talk themselves.
Re: Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? by KAG: 1:28am On May 31, 2009
huxley2:

Why do some religionist get so hot under their pants when evolution is mentioned? Is evolution a threat to religious belief?  If it is, why do they consider it a threat?  And what do detractors of evolution make of other religionists who accept evolution?  Do they think that their theology is wrong-headed?

Simple answer, no, acceptance of evolution is generally not a threat to belief in any gods. However, it can be problematic for theists in religions that actively promote a history of myths as facts. Or people that think thse myths are in fact literal happenings. At that point many of those theists convince themselves that every other person in their religion that accepts evolution isn't a true member of the religion.

Anyway, Ken Miller is always a great example of a sceintist capable of doing evolutionary science despite his Christianity.

JIL:

You're a cow?

P.S. Not to be a pedantic ass or anything, but that's not a word, it's a series of words that have been badly joined to resemble a sentence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Magic! Does It Exist? / Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn / Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.