Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Funny Student's "List" To Be Blamed On Who? Writer,school,govt Or Parents (pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funny Student's "List" To Be Blamed On Who? Writer,school,govt Or Parents (pics) (514 Views)

BODMAS MISUNDERSTANDING: Whose Fault? Teachers, Pupils Or Parents / With Jamb 180+ You Can Resume Our School,govt Owned / Secondary School Girls Twerk Infront Of Teachers And Parents (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funny Student's "List" To Be Blamed On Who? Writer,school,govt Or Parents (pics) by kihemeje96(f): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2015
I couldn't help but get this from a friend's Facebook DP. But while finding this funny and probably taunting the Person who wrote this list, we might pause to wonder, what quality of education are we getting from our schools today? Especially with the rapid spread of "private schools" at all corners. Public schools in Nigeria are now being abandoned by parents who enroll their children in so-called private schools due to lack of infrastructure and poor learning environment in public schools.
While some, if not few of these private schools might be of good standards with qualified teachers but could be afforded by a few, it should be noted that those public schools also, have quality and educated teachers employed by governments. The teachers are supervised on regular basis as their lesson notes are always checked, all public schools use the same textbooks for each subject which are approved by the Ministry of Education.
If you used Macmillan Text book years back, you will be surprised that they are still in use in public schools till date. But check out lesson notes of most private school students; Half-baked authors are on the rise and after publishing each of their books filled with grammatical errors, they source for as many low-standard private schools to sell to. And yes, most do buy. I have come across a lot of text books that I could spot some spelling errors in them. But what does one expect, when these schools employ teachers they can afford to pay meager salaries? A teacher will tell you she receives N15,000 as her monthly salary, some even get less. If you blame it on unemployment, you are not wrong, if you also blame the reason why parents patronize low-standardized private schools on government's negligence of public schools, you might not be wrong too. But who bears the brunt? It is the children enrolled in such schools.

I actually wanted to caption the above list with a few line, but when I started writing, I was moved to go on to throw light on the standard of education using Nigeria which I know well as case study. Ask parents why they choose to patronize private over public schools, they could give you a long list of reasons. I have just discovered that in Aba, Enyimba city of Abia State, almost all the private secondary schools have been bought over and privately owned and run by individuals. Sampled opinions from some parents indicated that the physical functional condition of infrastructural amenities in public schools in the country are not in appreciative state. Compare a public school student and that of private whether of low or standard, you will see a clear difference in their appearance. Comparing classroom conditions of both, the difference is still clearly seen. Public schools are now not well funded. Budgetary allocation to education has dwindled significantly as evidenced in adverse constraints on learning facilities such as desks and chairs, library books, mathematics boards, laboratory equipment and so on especially in the rural areas.
According to By Dayo Adesulu, in his article for Vanguard on September 16, 2010 titled, "Who cares for public schools in Nigeria?", It is not no longer news anymore that government alone cannot give the qualitative and quantitative education that we aspire in this nation, hence, stakeholders in the sector, non-governmental organizations and companies should rise up to the challenge and fulfill their social responsibilities.

http://www.news-world-update.com/2015/12/this-handwritten-list-might-amuse-you.html

Re: Funny Student's "List" To Be Blamed On Who? Writer,school,govt Or Parents (pics) by MzPecs(f): 8:15am On Dec 04, 2015
Lol cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Institutions Embark On Strike / If You Knew About This. Would You Go? / Waec Original Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.