Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! (4136 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2015
Hello gurus in the house. I want to invest about 500k in either of these two businesses : A barbing salon or a cyber cafe/business center. Can anyone help me with some advice based on past experiences in any of the business?

I do not intend to be very active in the business as I will be busy with other engagements. Hence, I need advice on the one that will require less scrutiny from me. Thanks all. Expecting matured responses.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by Jaraworldsms(m): 11:27am On Dec 04, 2015
I suggest a business center.

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by Niyeal(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2015
Both lucrative especially when establish very close to Campus, but i prefer barber.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 11:43am On Dec 04, 2015
Jaraworldsms:
I suggest a business center.
Thanks. Any experiences or reasons why you prefer this?
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 11:44am On Dec 04, 2015
Niyeal:
Both lucrative especially when establish very close to Campus, but i prefer barber.

Thanks. What are your reasons? What if I establish it in a very social area in lagos?
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by smartdebiz(m): 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Salon is better. Reason: the cost of running a cafe and its maintenance may be too high. Also, cost of employee.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by smartdebiz(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
JayRise:
Hello gurus in the house. I want to invest about 500k in either of these two businesses : A barbing salon or a cyber cafe/business center. Can anyone help me with some advice based on past experiences in any of the business?

I do not intend to be very active in the business as I will be busy with other engagements. Hence, I need advice on the one that will require less scrutiny from me. Thanks all. Expecting matured responses.
I hold a B.Sc in Barbing and Shaving, from Geneva School of Hair Cut, SL.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by wescoboy: 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
JayRise:

Go for Barbing Salon a beg u in God's name. Business centre/cyber cafe may make you BP rise. I have been there. You end up robbing Peter to pay Paul. Pls heed to my candid advice. Go for Barbing Salon, get a professional barber and agree on weekly delivery say 5k per week but he will pay NEPA bill, waste bill, LGA fees etc. Sack him if he fails to deliver and get another person. This will give u peace of mind. Good luck!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
wescoboy:

Go for Barbing Salon a beg u in God's name. Business centre/cyber cafe may make you BP rise. I have been there. You end up robbing Peter to pay Paul. Pls heed to my candid advice. Go for Barbing Salon, get a professional barber and agree on weekly delivery say 5k per week but he will pay NEPA bill, waste bill, LGA fees etc. Sack him if he fails to deliver and get another person. This will give u peace of mind. Good luck!

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by barryuche: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Barber Shop business sure pass i own1, With 255-300k can settle everything depending your location if u want to have a clue How i manage my own control me barryuche25@yahoo.com

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by phonesNgadgets: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
JayRise:

Keep calm and invest in Barbershop.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by ThundrCork(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
I own both. Salon is better as you can easily deploy a technology to keep counts..........as for business centre you can easily be cheated easily by your employees unless you are there
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by Dotmax53: 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
ThundrCork:
I own both. Salon is better as you can easily deploy a technology to keep counts..........as for business centre you can easily be cheated easily by your employees unless you are there

Please can you tell us what you mean by deploying a technology to keep count?...What type of technology are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by Dotmax53: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
If One Start the barbing salon business...Howmuch is the maximum amount to be delivered weekly?...And what is the probality of getting a babber as soon possible?? and what are the means of getting a babber??
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

Keep calm and invest in Barbershop.
Thanks. What are your reasons?
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
smartdebiz:
Salon is better. Reason: the cost of running a cafe and its maintenance may be too high. Also, cost of employee.

Thanks. God bless.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
barryuche:
Barber Shop business sure pass i own1, With 255-300k can settle everything depending your location if u want to have a clue How i manage my own control me barryuche25@yahoo.com

Thanks. Will reach out to you if needed.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
ThundrCork:

Thanks. Really impressed by your contribution.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by phonesNgadgets: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
JayRise:

Thanks. What are your reasons?
Average Nigerian who isn't even a tech savvy has access to the internet one way or the other. I can't remember the last time I check in a cybercafe. Meanwhile, I call on my barber every 2 weeks or even less.

Besides, I'm a barber, who has some knowledge in the industry. I will be investing up to 10M+ in this business pretty soon. People, particularly men will always need the service of a barber.

Funnily, we command Kings and Presidents cheesy Don't ask me how.

3 Likes

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

Average Nigerian who isn't even a tech savvy has access to the internet one way or the other. I can't remember the last time I check in a cybercafe. Meanwhile, I call on my barber every 2 weeks or even less.

Besides, I'm a barber, who has some knowledge in the industry. I will be investing up to 10M+ in this business pretty soon. People, particularly men will always need the service of a barber.

Funnily, we command Kings and Presidents cheesy Don't ask me how.

Thanks. What of the business center aspect?
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by phonesNgadgets: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
JayRise:

Thanks. What of the business center aspect?
Depending on the area you want to locate the biz, biz centre is also good; but I give it to Barbershop first.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

Depending on the area you want to locate the biz, biz centre is also good; but I give it to Barbershop first.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by castruccio(m): 12:34am On Dec 05, 2015
Please bro go for a barber shop, I would have said other wise coz am an IT person but here are my reasons;

. People can now access the internet from their homes and even print document while people must cut their hair even if they have a clipper, they must meet a professional barber 'you'

. You make more money from a barber shop than a business center/cafe coz u are servicing a compulsory necessity that must be observed by the people for instance a barber charges a minimum of 200 naira, if you are able to service 100 people in a day that's 20k, I don't think u will make that kind of money in a business center

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 7:55am On Dec 05, 2015
castruccio:
Please bro go for a barber shop, I would have said other wise coz am an IT person but here are my reasons;

. People can now access the internet from their homes and even print document while people must cut their hair even if they have a clipper, they must meet a professional barber 'you'

. You make more money from a barber shop than a business center/cafe coz u are servicing a compulsory necessity that must be observed by the people for instance a barber charges a minimum of 200 naira, if you are able to service 100 people in a day that's 20k, I don't think u will make that kind of money in a business center

Thanks bro. I think realistically, I will be able to get at least 10 customers a day. Which will give me a minimum of 2k per day/60k per month, if not more...

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dotmax53:

Please can you tell us what you mean by deploying a technology to keep count?...What type of technology are you talking about?

e.g. I plan to mount a camera in the shop to monitor worker's activities.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dotmax53:
If One Start the barbing salon business...Howmuch is the maximum amount to be delivered weekly?...And what is the probality of getting a babber as soon possible?? and what are the means of getting a babber??

To know an extimate of the amount to be delivered per week, you may have to sacrifice your time and stay with your workers for the first 2 weeks. From there, you can determine the average income per week from the shop. This is the amount your workers will be expected to deliver per week.

To get a barber, simply place a written note on your shop gate stating "barbers wanted" with your phone number. You may conduct a simple check to verify and choose the right workers for your business. This is what I plan to do. Hope this works...

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by castruccio(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
JayRise:

Thanks bro. I think realistically, I will be able to get at least 10 customers a day. Which will give me a minimum of 2k per day/60k per month, if not more...
Sorry I wanted writing per week grin
JayRise:

Sorry I wanted writing per week
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
castruccio:
Sorry I wanted writing per week grin Sorry I wanted writing per week
ok. Thanks.
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by simpleman: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2015
Firstly, i want to say that if you will be away from your business (whether saloon or cafe ) most of the time, don't even start any. That is the most important advise i can give. These are small businesses and your staff will steal you blind and put you out of business before you know it. and it doesn't matter whether it is your brother/sister you put to manage it.
Secondly, you must be able to maintain the systems yourself or you could be frustrated out of the business.

However, if you can manage to be there 90% of the time, i prefer a cafe business, because of the output. a good cafe will make 10k to 15k everyday depending on the location. i operate one presently. it is true that people have access to internet at home so the internet access aspect of the cafe is not as profitable as before. but people still come to do other services, like printing, scanning of documents, photocopy, bulk sms, registrations, job applications, and so on. and during times for registrations or job applications, you could be making 20k to 25k daily for short periods of time. And remember, a well respected cafe/business center could provide a respectable platform for other businesses like mobile money transfer, result checker cards sales, etc

I don't own a saloon so i don't know how much they make a day. but seeing that in my area, i have about 5 barbing saloons, i doubt they can make 5k a day each.

Please heed my first 2 points strongly. Good Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
simpleman:
Firstly, i want to say that if you will be away from your business (whether saloon or cafe ) most of the time, don't even start any. That is the most important advise i can give. These are small businesses and your staff will steal you blind and put you out of business before you know it. and it doesn't matter whether it is your brother/sister you put to manage it.
Secondly, you must be able to maintain the systems yourself or you could be frustrated out of the business.

However, if you can manage to be there 90% of the time, i prefer a cafe business, because of the output. a good cafe will make 10k to 15k everyday depending on the location. i operate one presently. it is true that people have access to internet at home so the internet access aspect of the cafe is not as profitable as before. but people still come to do other services, like printing, scanning of documents, photocopy, bulk sms, registrations, job applications, and so on. and during times for registrations or job applications, you could be making 20k to 25k daily for short periods of time. And remember, a well respected cafe/business center could provide a respectable platform for other businesses like mobile money transfer, result checker cards sales, etc

I don't own a saloon so i don't know how much they make a day. but seeing that in my area, i have about 5 barbing saloons, i doubt they can make 5k a day each.

Please heed my first 2 points strongly. Good Luck.

Thanks a lot. Will consider this
Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by JayRise(m): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
@simpleman, do you offer internet sevices in your cafe? If yes, like how much do you spend /month to provide it

1 Like

Re: Barbing Salon Vs Cybercafe/business Centre With 500k Capital. Advice Needed!! by Interesting15: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
JayRise:

Thanks.

Hello bro. There is something very important I want to discuss with you (not about the question in this thread). Should I drop my whatsapp contact, or you drop yours?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help What Business Can I Start With 5millon? / How To Become A Recharge Card Distributors In Nigeria / Motivational Speaker Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.