Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options (10391 Views)

Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer / How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows / How To Enable The GOD Mode Feature On Windows 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Software202(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2015
good
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 10:01am On Dec 11, 2015
Everyone knows this already... But still thanks
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by darlingnuel(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2015
Windows 10 upgrade is available for my
pc but im apprehensive of issues arrising. Somebody tell me its ok to upgrade...
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by flokii: 10:13am On Dec 11, 2015
why go through that stress?

just download "startmenu8" and install... makes your windows 8 have start menu with that feature and more..

I use it and it makes everytin easier
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by bamdexfarms(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2015
done. thanks op
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by seunowokade(m): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2015
Tonnniey:
Still rocking my windows 98. Will save this for the future
shocked shocked shocked
You don't mean it
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by laprince(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2015
Hope to try it
it beta work oo
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Tjankhal(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2015
tomholly:
Noted
you no go lack
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by agborodun: 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
buchichukwu69:
[size=28pt]Why not talk about Windows 10[/size]

THESAME THING IS APPLICABLE TO WINDOW 10.
I USE WINDOW 10 AND I JUST SET MINE.. THANKS OP
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by danidee10(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
But would this affect me doing

sudo pm-hibernate

or other linux users n general grin

#Think linux
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Epukaa: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Thanks. Would this work on windows 10? Let me try and see.
Yes, it worked for me, but it will take longer process as follow
1. Click the battery icon
2. Click Power & Sleep Settings.
3. Click Advanced Power Settings.
4. Click "Choose what the power buttons do"
5. Viola, you will see unchecked Hibernate buttons below
6. Check it and save the settings.
7. Move to your Power button and click, you will see it there.

I hope it worked for you doubting Thomas?

3 Likes

Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Epukaa: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
darlingnuel:
Windows 10 upgrade is available for my
pc but im apprehensive of issues arrising. Somebody tell me its ok to upgrade...

Go ahead guy. Since I downloaded it, I am enjoying it more than anything else. But after download, it is after about one week or more that your resolution will come to normal, but initially, you will feel like throwing your computer away.
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by smite(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
Epukaa:

Go ahead guy. Since I downloaded it, I am enjoying it more than anything else. But after download, it is after about one week or more that your resolution will come to normal, but initially, you will feel like throwing your computer away.

please how do I download the window 10? and what is the size, I mean the amount of Gig?
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by bigass123(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2015
I have one tablet pc running on Windows RT surface and the tab is giving me headaches. sad
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
bigdrey:
Without undergoing this tutorial, Microsoft windows in it's new Windows Operating System 8 and 8.1 didn't make the hibernate option available in the default shutdown options. Meanwhile, hibernate mode is a very important mode for all computer users especially when you have some uncompleted things you are doing which you would like to continue later.

Follow this simple steps below to add Hibernate mode to your windows 8 and 8.1:
Step 1: In your system tray, click the battery icon and select More power options from the panel that pops up.

Step 2: In the power options window, select either Choose what closing the lid does or Choose what the power button does from the left hand side of the panel.

Step 3: In the next window, click the blue text that says Change settings that are currently unavailable

Step 4: At the bottom of the windows, a new set of options will become available. Check the box next to Hibernate and click Save changes.

And that's all. The Hibernation will now show up in the shutdown options.

Source: http://blog.windrey.com/enable-hibernate-on-windows-88-1/
THANKS.. I JUST DID IT
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by MrOreo(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pls, can't find the hibernate on my win7 laptop, any tips??
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Idrismusty97(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Epukaa:
Yes, it worked for me, but it will take longer process as follow 1. Click the battery icon 2. Click Power & Sleep Settings. 3. Click Advanced Power Settings. 4. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" 5. Viola, you will see unchecked Hibernate buttons below 6. Check it and save the settings. 7. Move to your Power button and click, you will see it there.
I hope it worked for you doubting Thomas?
Thanks very much. It worked!
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Auwalms(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
you can still hibernate without the button by typing the following on my command line interface

shutdown -h
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Auwalms(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
danidee10:
But would this affect me doing
sudo pm-hibernate
or other linux users n general grin
#Think linux
definitely not gonna be even as smart as sudo pm-hibernate in the terminal
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Charliewyt: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
smite:

please how do I download the window 10? and what is the size, I mean the amount of Gig?
I received a notification that my system is window10 enabled and downloaded through the link provided, size 2.6g
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Sodiumdawg: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
Tonnniey:
Still rocking my windows 98. Will save this for the future

Yeeeeeeepaaaaa!

Na wish kain software you dey "rock" for dis ya win98 System oooooooo?

You and your likers na waa for una o!

Stone age tingz. .........
Re: How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 13, 2015
Thanks boss! It worked on my window 8 laptop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 / Mtn, Airtel & Glo Sms Gateways / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.