Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Camry Or Avensis? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry Or Avensis? (6205 Views)

Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? / Toyota Camry Or Toyota Avalon / Which One Should I Go For A 2003 Camry Or A 2003 Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry Or Avensis? by thaqib(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
I want to buy a small car. Camry tiny is xtemely common, so don't want. Pls is d avensis 99/2000 as rugged as camry? What are it's drawbacks?
Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
If I may ask...

...does it have to be a Toyota? There are tons of other brands in the world. Seeing as you refer to the Camry as being "extremely common" I would have thought you'd prefer a more individual automobile, which is what promoted my question.

Still, go with what you're happy with, and good luck, whatever you decide.

9 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Sanchase: 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
The avensis 2000 is one of d most rugged cars with fuel economy, reliability, more affordable, lower cost maintenance unique.

Its not competing with camry as its in a league of its own. I own one and parked it for a year without starting the engine, i was busy with some projects so wasn't using it then when I had the need for it I went to the garage where I parked it tried to start it but no response. I thought maybe the engine was dead, I called a friend and explained, he laughed and said I should get new battery.

I removed the old battery and fixed in brand new one, the car just responded sharp sharp. I'm in the high way now cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by praxisnetworks: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
Avensis with vvti engine
Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Bakersfield: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
thaqib:
I want to buy a small car. Camry tiny is xtemely common, so don't want. Pls is d avensis 99/2000 as rugged as camry? What are it's drawbacks?

Please do not dream of avensis. You will surely regret it. Camry tiny light 1999 /2000 model ok for. Considering all the factors you

mentioned, fuel economy, ruggedness, availability of spare parts and affordable, the engine can withstand our extreme weather.

Please i beg you go for Camry, you will get value for your hard earned money. The car is common is a defeatist idea. Go for the best.

Do not forget that ability to maintain a vehicle is the key factor. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by praxisnetworks: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
Buy the Camry and watch the thieves in your neighborhood rejoice with you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
Bakersfield:

Please do not dream of avensis. You will surely regret it. Camry tinythe engine can withstand our extreme weather. Go for the best.

Urmmm, what exactly is so unique about Nigeria's weather? There are much hotter countries, that also experience real tropical thunderstorms and floods, greater than what Nigeria ever experiences.

Camry's the best car? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

As for regret - regret only applies IF one buys a car that they end up not being happy with. This could apply to a Tata Nano or a Bentley Turbo R. Everyone has a different opinion on what car suits them, it may NOT be the same choice you or I would make.

4 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by thaqib(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thanks my chiefs
@ Siena, let us assume for the purpose of argument that I have to choose between the two, I will respect your position. BTW, is the left hand drive of avensis(not converted ones) readily available in Nigeria?
@Bakersfield : u really scared me. Why wouldn't avensis( an old model) be easy to maintain?

1 Like

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by DGD1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
Bakersfield:

Please do not dream of avensis. You will surely regret it. Camry tiny light 1999 /2000 model ok for. Considering all the factors you

mentioned, fuel economy, ruggedness, availability of spare parts and affordable, the engine can withstand our extreme weather.

Please i beg you go for Camry, you will get value for your hard earned money. The car is common is a defeatist idea. Go for the best.

have you driven the said avensis before?

have you owned one before?

do you have a close relationship with anyone who used/uses the said avensis?

are you a mechanic?

are you a car dealer?

on what ground should he run from the said avensis?

i just wonder where some people get their facts.

when I bought my 1999 camry pencil, a friend got his own too. same day, same dealer @ kotonu.
fast forward to 5yrs after, my camry is still solid with stock engine, transmision, radiator etc. but my friend's car didn't last one year, he had to buy another.
maintenance culture was the thing.

@ OP, that car is rugged, friendly and everything an average user would need in a car.

2 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by baaliyah(m): 5:05am On Dec 07, 2015
There is nothing the Camry will do that the avensis will no do. I like the compact built of the avensis. But beware of converted avensis

5 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by kingreign(m): 6:20am On Dec 07, 2015
baaliyah:
There is nothing the Camry will do that the avensis will no do. I like the compact built of the avensis. But beware of converted avensis
Correct yarn, one beer for you.
Re: Camry Or Avensis? by lonelydora: 6:56am On Dec 07, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Buy the Camry and watch the thieves in your neighborhood rejoice with you

If you see how I'm laughing this early morning ehhh

2 Likes

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Tolakay: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
baaliyah:
in love with the structure of avensis like u said. Do have an idea of what the average market price of naija used avensis is?
Re: Camry Or Avensis? by mojounited(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
Tolakay:
in love with the structure of avensis like u said. Do have an idea of what the average market price of naija used avensis is?
I am really not seeing good reviews about Toyota Avensis (Just Google '2014 Toyota Avensis Problems', your jaw will drop). Also, I googled reliability index for Toyota Cars, I couldn't see any mention of Avensis. From reviews, Toyota Avensis has not been crash-tested between 2010 and 2014 (I may be wrong).

I do love the build of that car and thinking about purchasing one but the reviews online aren't encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by HEAVEN4444: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2021
Tolakay:
about 2 to 3 million naira

1 Like

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by HEAVEN4444: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
mojounited:

I am really not seeing good reviews about Toyota Avensis (Just Google '2014 Toyota Avensis Problems', your jaw will drop). Also, I googled reliability index for Toyota Cars, I couldn't see any mention of Avensis. From reviews, Toyota Avensis has not been crash-tested between 2010 and 2014 (I may be wrong).

I do love the build of that car and thinking about purchasing one but the reviews online aren't encouraging.
i have driven the avensis and owned for a couple of years. its a solid car. camry and corolla has a cheap looking interior. avensis dashboard looks more executive

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by mojounited(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
i have driven the avensis and owned for a couple of years. its a solid car. camry and corolla has a cheap looking interior. avensis dashboard looks more executive

Many thanks @HEAVEN4444 for your input / review. Quite insightful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Edibleskit: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
OP did you buy the Toyota Avensis? If yes, share your experience with the car. I'm planning to buy Toyota Avensis 2008. Thanks
Re: Camry Or Avensis? by Charly68: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Bakersfield:

. I beg to disagree with your comment here.. I have been driving avensus now for 3 years and it is fuel economy and low maintenance cost. Very supper that i found it difficult to trade away..

(1) (Reply)

Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? / 10 Facts That Involves Nigeria, Automobiles And Transportation / Five Common Roadside Emergencies And How To Deal With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.