Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Who is most popular Priest in your Area? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is most popular Priest in your Area? (8129 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / U.S. Woman Ordained Catholic Priest In Kentucky, USA (photos)! / Catholic Priest In Abortion Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by luckyCO(m): 12:55pm On May 31, 2009
I need contribution from Catholic fold,
Who is most popular Priest in your Area?

For me I think;
1. Prof. Rev Fr. Emmauel Edeh
Over 1m testimonies since he started Catholic Prayer Ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. Rev, Mbaka
3. etc

What do u think?
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 31, 2009
The most popular priest might not really be the greatest.Having the gifts of perfoming miracles might not really make you the greatest.The greatest priest in Nigeria can only be determined by God himself.As for the most Popular priest presently Fr Mbaka happens to be the most popular ,Fr Edeh used to be very popular in the 80s and 90s
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by luckyCO(m): 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2009
There are other Priest Rev. Rapheal,Njoku,Ozile etc,
But I still think That Rev. Edeh make my list.
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by banom(m): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2009
Rev Fr Banom
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by rotimy(m): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
@POSTER
You are a confused Christian and if you a Catholic, then you are a serious backslider!
The question can only come from a lip of an infant! Do you know what it means to say a priest of God is the geatest in Nigeria? In what areas? ADMINISTRATION, HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT, PERFORMING MIRACLES OR RUNNING A SCHOOL?
Well, Fr. Edeh your hero estalished Madonna University at Okija from tithes, offerings and donations of widows and orpharns, today it is one of the most expensive private University in Nigeria.
Fr. Mbaka will curse you if he hears you link his name to the greatest priest. There is no competition among the priests of God. Each is serving according to his gifts and grace of God. That is why the Priests wash other people's feet on holy Thursdays!
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by luckyCO(m): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2009
rotimy:

@POSTER
You are a confused Christian and if you a Catholic, then you are a serious backslider!
The question can only come from a lip of an infant! Do you know what it means to say a priest of God is the geatest in Nigeria? In what areas? ADMINISTRATION, HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT, PERFORMING MIRACLES OR RUNNING A SCHOOL?
Well, Fr. Edeh your hero estalished Madonna University at Okija from tithes, offerings and donations of widows and orpharns, today it is one of the most expensive private University in Nigeria.
Fr. Mbaka will curse you if he hears you link his name to the greatest priest. There is no competition among the priests of God. Each is serving according to his gifts and grace of God. That is why the Priests wash other people's feet on holy Thursdays!

I think you misunderstood the nomenclature instead of correcting, you went ahead judging and concluding negatively.

My intention is to trigger the knowlegde of our priests and where their minitries are.
I have a friend who has been in Abuja for years a Catholic but didnot know that we have Catholic Adoration Ministry(CAFON) where one can worship every fridays but according to her she was attending other programs still hoping one day Rev. Mbaka will come Abuja.

My preference to Rev. Edeh is simply an opinion based on track records which are purely personal. It doesnt mean I dont like other priests, I love Rev. Mbaka,Rapheal etc very very well.

Fr. Mbaka will curse you if he hears you link his name to the greatest priest.
My dear Rev. Mbaka I know cannot curse someone because of expressed personal opinion instead he will caution against it.
Please dont relate that to him.

Am changing the title.
Be blessed.
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by luckyCO(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2009
banom:

Rev Fr Banom

Please can you tell me more about this Rev. Fr, very curious to know?
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by tpiah: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
people should start listing one of the thousands or millions of Nigerian priests?
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by banom(m): 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
luckyCO:

Please can you tell me more about this Rev. Fr, very curious to know?

Dont tell me you are the only one who doesn't know about this great man of God who even conducts nairaland prophetic ministry, just follow the link below to know about this great man of God.make sure you read through it very well. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235988.0.html .
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by luckyCO(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
banom:

Dont tell me you are the only one who doesn't know about this great man of God who even conducts nairaland prophetic ministry, just follow the link below to know about this great man of God.make sure you read through it very well. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235988.0.html .

I dont understand what you are saying.
Am down serious to share knowledge about popular Catholic Priests in your Catholic environment, I dont know where you get the name from.

Please clearify?
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2009
@lucky co,
Ignore banom the guy is an atheist
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by rotimy(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2009
luckyCO:

I think you misunderstood the nomenclature instead of correcting, you went ahead judging and concluding negatively.

My intention is to trigger the knowlegde of our priests and where their minitries are.
I have a friend who has been in Abuja for years a Catholic but didnot know that we have Catholic Adoration Ministry(CAFON) where one can worship every fridays but according to her she was attending other programs still hoping one day Rev. Mbaka will come Abuja.

My preference to Rev. Edeh is simply an opinion based on track records which are purely personal. It doesnt mean I dont like other priests, I love Rev. Mbaka,Rapheal etc very very well.
My dear Rev. Mbaka I know cannot curse someone because of expressed personal opinion instead he will caution against it.
Please dont relate that to him.

Am changing the title.
Be blessed.

I maintain that your so-called comparisions is in bad taste and unCatholic. I KNOW ALL THE PRIESTS YOU MENTIONED IN PERSONS AND NONE OF THEM IS GREAT! It is poeple like you that blow their trumpets to high heaven and make them to be very proud. Rev. Fr Peter Anozie started well but emotional Catholics like you told him that he was the greatest. He left Catholic Church , married and started a Church. He died last four years. Arcbishop Milingo of Zambia is now out of the Church because pride entered him. The personal reasons you choose Fr. Edeh is none none of my business, all I know is that what ever he is today, the glory goes to God. He is a servant and servats cannve be great.
Fr. Ralph Faghboun of Abuja is no great. Fr. Mbaka is not. Fr. OZELLE is not. Fr. Dibie is not. Jesus Christ is great, that is why they are his priests
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by mpompo: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2009
All  the priest  mentioned here are  popular in their own way/calling. God is indeed taking back his kingdom. i know of a sister who  took in 6 years after marriage. a reverend father who was praying on behalf of the family called late at night to inform  her mother that her daughter is in labour and that  the enemies are fighting to take her daughter's life as well as her baby. he instructed her (mother &others) to join them (prayer warriors) over the phone  in their spiritual war fare. latter on he called back to inform the mother that she made it alife and her baby girl is ok. can u imagine the power of God?. place of delivery is porthacourt and the reverend father is at Nnewi. Mother had no idea daughter was in labour talk  less of the baby's sex.  Daughter  called latter to confirm  all that  the reverend  said.  Daughter has never met or spoken to this priest. I was marveled when i heard  the story. Indeed  God is great
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by adimoffion: 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2010
Last I checked, there was no such title as the greatest priest. I really wonder what motivates this kind of questions. I suppose that if these men of God were pursuing their private ventures and businesses, it would be okay to assess them this way. It is questions and attitutes like this, that tempt some of our priests to desire to impress people.
I am by no means saying that our priests should not do their best in their minstry, but we should not try to assess them by using languages such as greatest or titles that seem to suggest that they are pursuing their agenda.
I also see that most of the responses focus on the priest that apparently are blessed with some gift of healing or working miracles. My fellow Catholics, we honestly need to reexamine our relationship with God. Is the gift of healing the only spiritual gift? Is working miracles only limited to curing illnesses. I always wonder what role the economic situation in our country has to play in this. When people can easily walk into a hospital and receive adequate treatment, I would be interested to know what people's reaction to miracles will be.
Let no one think that I am against miracles, for we experience it everyday, even the ones that seem impossible. What I am against, is limiting a priests ministry to miracles and if he does not perform on, he is not great. What about those early missionaries who braved the harsh weather and poverty, to bring us the good news, build schools, establish hospitals and thought us how to govern ourselves, were these not miracles? What about the priests today, who are engaged in social justice, pastoral care for people and priests who are enduring hardships for the sake of the gospesl, are they not great also? Perhaprs our minds are not into these kinds of ministry, so we would normally limit ourselves to those who are famous for the healing minstry.
Above all that I have said, I would love us to know that in the priesthood of Christ, there is nothing like the greatest priest, because Our Lord Jesus Himself is the high priest and the priests are only carrying out his mission. Thanks.
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by Iykeangel: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2010
The term –Greatest Priest
The word “Greatest Priest” in the 1st place is a term that should not be associated with any priest. There is no greatest priest as we all in the priesthood participate in One “Priesthood of Christ”. All priests are equal before God –Jesus the High-Priest, the only difference is our internal disposition to live purely & dedicatedly a priestly life according the mind & Heart of Christ. If we should use the term “Greatest Priest” for any priest, he must be the one who sacrifice his entire life in the service of God & humanity. One who has the mind, compassion & loving heart of Christ in all its ramification. As Fr Mbaka said himself in one of his powerful sermons, that what will save us, is not because we are poor, but because we are “holy in all we do as priests or laity!
Above all, we can only talk of “A dedicated priest”, “A holy priest”, one who has freely sacrificed & dedicated his entire life for the service of God & humanity. One who never run after material gratification in his sacred ministry but one give as Christ did. As I have said above and in line with one of the contributors, I say with firmness that in the Catholic Church, there is no greatest priest, as we only share or rather participate in the priesthood of Christ. So in this perspective there is nothing like the “greatest priest”, because Our Lord Jesus Himself is the “Only High Priest” and all the priests are only participating in the aura by carrying out their most noble mission in the same Name of Christ. Fr. C Mbaka is a dedicated Catholic convincing priest of our modern time, who know and live out what priestly life should be, and I adore and admire him….! I say this because I have personally encountered him as my colleague in the ministry then in the Diocese. God bless U all as I urge to pray more fervently for your priests! Thanks & remain blessed!
Godfrey –Portugal.
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by kc11: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
Before we continue with this popularity of a thing, lets consider this saying " who do the World say I am ?
Then your popularity question.
My area is the universe, which is one ( Catholic ).And the most popular Priest in my area ( universe ), is CHRIST.
Jesus Christ is the Priest. Apart from him, there is no other. Mention any any you wish to, Christ is the Priest.
To make it clearer to you. You can say ; Rev. Fr. Mbaka Christ
Rev. Fr. Ede Christ
Rev. Fr. Peter Christ

In a nut shell, Christ is our surname, who gave birth to names.A divided kingdom can not stand. If they are not against us , then they are with us , even when we are from a different denomination. Christ is the Priest of Priests.
OH! You are doing more Miracle than I do. You are pulling more crowds than I do . Your name is heard more than mine." Get behind me SATAN " Christ is the only preacher. Even a little child can be used to do miracles. In such a case, what do you say and who are you ?
KNOW WHOM YOU SERVE.
YOUR DOUBTS WILL BE CLEARIFIED. E-MAIL AT ; cocktail20032003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by kc11: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
How do I come in contact with the , Honourable Peter Anozie, The "EX" PRIEST.

"You are my Priest forever, according to the order of MECHIZEDEK"
E- MAILS ARE WELCOMED AT; cocktail20032003@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Who is most popular Priest in your Area? by rrichy: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
you can get in touch with https://www.facebook.com/emuan.anozia/

she can answer all your question

(1) (Reply)

Divine Revelation: A Must Read For All / The church is the solution to Nigeria's socio-economic problems‎ / COZA: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Full Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.