Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Do You Have A Job For My Mum? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Have A Job For My Mum? (5336 Views)

My Mum Needs A Nanny Job .. / Konga Call Center Agent Job For The Period Of 2 Months / Digital Job For 2000 Delta State Indigenous Application Now On; Gov Okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Good evening all, susprise by the topic? Don't be. Circumstances at home are not palatable, in a bid to navigate my family from beging led me to this. Go here for brief introduction (www.nairaland.com/2268002/life-glance).
In a bid to prevent tears writing this, this is a brief summary of my mum;
1. She is good in English (the writing and understanding part but not the speaking).
2. She is good in analytical tasks eg calculating, projecting etc (due to her background in managing her shop).
3. She is a woman of intergrity, accountability and transparency.
I really wish to go on but, my emotions are betraying me.
All I plead for is not money but a place for my mum to earn.
Thank you.
You can reach me on: ayadifayowole@gmail.com

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by lapazi(m): 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
wow this is new....God bless ur hustle.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hahn(m): 12:18am On Dec 06, 2015
thankyouJesus:
Good evening all, susprise by the topic? Don't be. Circumstances at home are not palatable, in a bid to navigate my family from beging led me to this. Go here for brief introduction (www.nairaland.com/2268002/life-glance).
1. She is good in English (the writing and understanding part but not the speaking).
2. She is good in analytical tasks eg calculating, projecting etc (due to her background in managing her shop).
Thank you.

I am sure people will like to know your location, her work/business experience, educational qualifications etc. Just elaborate a bit more and someone might be able to help.

Meanwhile, what about you? What do you do or what can you do? I follow you here on nl and your write ups aren't bad plus you sound intelligent.

Forget the shame or pain you might feel. At least you have the courage to put this online. One day you'll show this thread to people who doubt your struggle.

One love

11 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 6:09am On Dec 06, 2015
hahn:

I am sure people will like to know your location, her work/business experience, educational qualifications etc. Just elaborate a bit more and someone might be able to help.

Meanwhile, what about you? What do you do or what can you do? I follow you here on nl and your write ups aren't bad plus you sound intelligent.

Forget the shame or pain you might feel. At least you have the courage to put this online. One day you'll show this thread to people who doubt your struggle.

One love
I really appreciate your help sir.
1. She is in Lagos, Orile-Iganmu to be precise.
2. Business experience- According to what she told me, she started her business with 10 naira (not sure of the amount again) in the 90's, I was opportuned to work/help her till 2014 but, due to her illness and other circumstances, everything was lost in an instant. With the little money left, she tried raising one but, lack of capital and other factors are too beyond us to control.
3. She is learned but no certificate to show for it. In her words, "I was a bright student in my days but, my parents believed that, females are meant for kitchen(this scenerio played out in 1970-1980)". I tutored her the basic in writing (she can read and write perfectly no exageration), she was privilege to work with a computer when she was in technical department(church), she is good with calculation due to her education and the business knowledge (I picked this gene from her).
4. I am a NCE graduate (last paper was Sept 4), I studied Physics/Mathematics, I was placed on scholarship based on my CGPA, I worked (still working) part time through my education. All my salary as a part time teacher was use to foot bills from hostel, project, transport, excursion, brother's education, etc.
4. Presently, I will be resuming at the University of Ibadan for my degree in February next year (finance may prevent this but not giving up).
5. All my salaries from Sept till February next year was/will be use for hostel rent, project, excursion, JAMB for my brother, acceptance fee(Unibadan), school fee, hostel fee etc.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 6:10am On Dec 06, 2015
lapazi:
wow this is new....God bless ur hustle.
Amen sir.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 06, 2015
Oh my God. I think this should hit front page. You have done so well for yourself. God will see you through to the end.

I can see the rays of light after the tunnel for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2015
This is very touching, I wish I can help.

front page please.
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hardeysola(m): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2015
I'm touched

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2015
Rukemi291:
Oh my God. I think this should hit front page. You have done so well for yourself. God will see you through to the end.

I can see the rays of light after the tunnel for you.
Amen, thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by yorex2011: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2015
cry
I can assure you that something good will come out of this gesture
God bless you and your family bro
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2015
yorex2011:
cry
I can assure you that something good will come out of this gesture
God bless you and your family bro
Don't make me cry, I don't want to test how deep a river is with both feet, hoping for the best. Thank you sir.
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by vivalavida(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2015
I need to show God more appreciation for his love towards me. I never hustled a dime to see myself through school till i became a graduate. But here is my fellow human being who has paid all these bills himself. I wish you well bruv. God will surely meet you at the point of your need.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hahn(m): 10:53am On Dec 06, 2015
Lalasticlala, help this guy na.

Password: Tonto Dike grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by STAMPandSEAL: 11:04am On Dec 06, 2015
Jehovah Nissi
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2015
vivalavida:
I need to show God more appreciation for his love towards me. I never hustled a dime to see myself through school till i became a graduate. But here is my fellow human being who has paid all these bills himself. I wish you well bruv. God will surely meet you at the point of your need.
Amen o
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hahn(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2015
thankyouJesus:
Amen o

Yo, I was thinking, don't you think you should raise funds for your mom to start a business again? I know this isn't your intent but I personally feel it will suit her more since she already has experience running a business. Besides, she has already made her mistakes and won't repeat them again
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by karleone(m): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
Lalasticlala, Amicable09, Davide470, TollyB, Adeaks, Brabus, Spyder880, et al, come and see this lovely soul...

#HelpMumgetAJob

Happy Sunday All...

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by karleone(m): 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
vivalavida:

Amen
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
I don't know how to go about this....
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by sleeknick: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hmmm....
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by brabus(m): 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
karleone:
Lalasticlala, Amicable09, Davide470, TollyB, Adeaks, Brabus, Spyder880, et al, come and see this lovely soul...

#HelpMumgetAJob

Happy Sunday All...

thankyouJesus:
Thank you.

All for your mum! I'm moved.

NextHome family will like to assist your mummy, we will support her by setting up a cement shop for her. Tell her help is on the way. It's a way of giving back to our world.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
hahn:

Yo, I was thinking, don't you think you should raise funds for your mom to start a business again? I know this isn't your intent but I personally feel it will suit her more since she already has experience running a business. Besides, she has already made her mistakes and won't repeat them again
How do you suggest that?
Mathematically, if I should forfeit my admission and decided to work, lets assume I am earning #30,000.
A meal a day (all the family) #500X30 = #15000.
Transport to work =#100X30=#3000.
House rent=#3000. What about PHCN, water, security, soap, etc bills?
In addition, next year is gone for raising fund for business, upper is gone in raising fund for education again. I will be preparing for JAMB in 2018 instead of being in 300L.
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
brabus:

All for your mum! I'm moved.

NextHome family will like to assist your mummy, we will support her by setting up a cement shop for her. Tell her help is on the way. It's a way of giving back to our world.

Send mail to bosun@nexthomebuilders.com
Okay sir, I will do that right away.
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hahn(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
thankyouJesus:
How do you suggest that?
Mathematically, if I should forfeit my admission and decided to work, lets assume I am earning #30,000.
A meal a day (all the family) #500X30 = #15000.
Transport to work =#100X30=#3000.
House rent=#3000. What about PHCN, water, security, soap, etc bills?
In addition, next year is gone for raising fund for business, upper is gone in raising fund for education again. I will be preparing for JAMB in 2018 instead of being in 300L.

I meant raise money for your mom to start the business just as you are trying to get her a job
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by CharlyNick: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
May God's Favour locate u..........
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by amicable09(f): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
karleone:

#HelpMumgetAJob

Happy Sunday All...
I'm here now Karl grin
Let me look into this touching matter cry
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
hahn:

I meant raise money for your mom to start the business just as you are trying to get her a job
May God help me sir.
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by amicable09(f): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mmmh... OP, this issue is quite delicate and emotional as well, I don't like getting emotional in public tongue ...lol, however this requires our collective effort to bring assistance your way.

You need a shop for your mum or what? I wish you were more specific about your request though cos I don't seem to understand what you need exactly. If it's a shop? Have you gone out to inquire about cost of rent for shops in your area? What will your mum be selling? Does she have enough start up because it won't make sense to put her in an empty shop. Then, if she's going to be out of business and maybe want to be a nanny, that's another lovely idea, I'd say. I can connect her to someone in need of a nanny as long as your mum doesn't have a toddler and can take care of other people's children until their parents return from work.

Now this suggestion is very good, believe me because she will earn nothing less than 40k monthly doing that and she can provide for you guys as well as save a little. If she's favoured she may be getting things from the family as bonus for a job well done.

Just look into my suggestions and let me know what you think, you should also discuss with your mum first before deciding. Relax, things will be fine! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hahn(m): 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
thankyouJesus:
May God help me sir.

That's a debate for another day. Let's focus on you helping yourself first.

Will your mom like to go into business? If yes, what kind of business?
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
CharlyNick:
May God's Favour locate u..........
Amen sir
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by thankyouJesus(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2015
hahn:

That's a debate for another day. Let's focus on you helping yourself first.

Will your mom like to go into business? If yes, what kind of business?
She is having two choices, one in trade fair (Okoko) selling shoes, cloths, bags etc while the other is inter-state (bulk delivery of food items like yam, garri etc).
Re: Do You Have A Job For My Mum? by hahn(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
thankyouJesus:
She is having two choices, one in trade fair (Okoko) selling shoes, cloths, bags etc while the other is inter-state (bulk delivery of food items like yam, garri etc).

Nice. What she needs is a business plan and you are in the best position to help her write it down and put it together. That's a start. Like they say, he that fails to plan plans to fail.

Figure out the least that will be needed to start and then work from there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCMB MICROFINANCE BANK INVITATION FOR INTERVIEW / Please, Does Anyone Know How Much Nestle Pays Graduate Recruits? / UBA Sack 4000 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.