Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity (1120 Views)

Why Do People Lack Curiosity These Day? / Curiosity Rover To Resume Drilling On Mars Surface / Bizarre!!!:odd Animal Behaviors You Might Not Be Aware Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by RoyalBlak007: 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
1.Cold water is heavier than hot water
2.And hot water can actually freeze faster than cold water under certain circumstances

3.Only 1% of the world's water is drinkable

4.In Peru there is a billboard that creates drinkable water out of the air

5.Water doesn't actually conduct electricity very well, but the impurities found in water do

6.During the Middle Ages beer was consumed more than water because the alcohol was safer to drink

7.Drinking too much water can kill you (water intoxication)

8.It takes nearly 3,000 gallons of water to manufacture one pair of jeans

9.The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water (although when the bottle expires it may start to leak chemicals into the water. This, however, is usually not life threatening but might change the taste)

10.Bill Gates oversaw the construction of a machine that turns feces into drinkable water and electricity

11.The reason that the machine works is that 75% of your feces is actually water

12.Your bones consist of 31% water

13.Because of the altitude, water boils quicker in Denver than in New York City

14.The average American uses 100 gallons of water every day

http://list25.com/25-odd-facts-about-water/4/

1 Like

Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by princemi(m): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
hmm..seems more like fallacies to me dan statements of fact
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by Khd95(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
15 water does not ve enemies
how many of u no this b4grin
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
turn faeces into water?? is dat guy nuts or wat?
never knew too much water cud kill...
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by princemi(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
EroticAngelina:
turn faeces into water?? is dat guy nuts or wat?

never knew too much water cud kill...

I actually do not believe it, else y would medical experts keep emphasising 'take a lot of water daily' ??
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
princemi:

I actually do not believe it, else y would medical experts keep emphasising 'take a lot of water daily' ??

me too. maybe if one takes too much water, it'll make our organs float or drown
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
EroticAngelina:

drinking water dilutes your body fluids and decreases their pH. this is very deadly as the cells can't handle drastic change in pH.

water intoxication is almost impossible though. after drinking enough water, You won't feel thirsty anymore. so, you won't drink anything.
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by princemi(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
EroticAngelina:

haha float indeed...maybe we should experiment wit u wink
EroticAngelina:

haha float indeed...maybe we should experiment wit u
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by ELYMAXiimus(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
princemi:

yes, but gradually. Not at once. You can't drink, say, 10litres of water at once and expect not to be hospitalised. The water You take in is to keep the osmotic pressure of your blood constant, too much of it will disturb and cause an imbalance in the regulation of your body fluids.
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by princemi(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

yes, but gradually. Not at once. You can't drink, say, 10litres of water at once and expect not to be hospitalised. The water You take in is to keep the osmotic pressure of your blood constant, too much of it will disturb and cause an imbalance in the regulation of your body fluids.
hmm UV got a point
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 07, 2015
princemi:

haha float indeed...maybe we should experiment wit u wink
haha float indeed...maybe we should experiment wit u
yep dat'll be after we're done experimenting wif u cheesy
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by princemi(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:

yep dat'll be after we're done experimenting wif u cheesy
well it's a gud tin am a gentle man...I'll go wit d cliché; 'ladies first'
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2015
princemi:

well it's a gud tin am a gentle man...I'll go wit d cliché; 'ladies first'

lol u guys are misunderstanding dat statement! 'ladies first' simply means the ladies should be ASKED FIRST wat they want! after its been done, then d gentlemen can say/do wat they want tongue
Re: Odd Facts About Water That Might Quench Your Curiosity by princemi(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:

lol u guys are misunderstanding dat statement! 'ladies first' simply means the ladies should be ASKED FIRST wat they want! after its been done, then d gentlemen can say/do wat they want tongue

ha! now dats a whole new different interpretation...Ladies and twisting sha.

well in my own little understanding, I believe it means allowing ladies d freedom to be d first partaker in an event...as a courtesy call of course. But then I might be wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Unsettling Scientific Facts, Theory And Hypotheses / Become A Professional Video Editor And Build Compelling Videos And Advert / Nigerian Man Who Invented Nepalese Pressing Iron Almost Gave Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.