Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Letter To Aau Student Union Government Sug From Aau Update Page On Facebook - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letter To Aau Student Union Government Sug From Aau Update Page On Facebook (700 Views)

Crises Brews In University Of Calabar As Students' Union Government Ends In Chao / Institutions With The Best Students' Union Government (SUG) / Like AAU Update On Facebook For All The Breaking News From AAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Aau Student Union Government Sug From Aau Update Page On Facebook by Stephen6229(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
Dear Able SUG,
AAUITES believe you have assumed the messiahship role to relieve us of our challenges. Please don't let us go back to before. You know how it's been, you know how it ought to be, AAUITES believe that was why you opted for the position where you can make decision that will enhance the entire system in favour of us all.
Below are the things AAUITES beg you to consider and with utmost sincerity, try to achieve for us;
STUDENTS' IDENTITY CARDS:
Students' identity cards: ID cards are never taken seriously by the school authority. Please do us well to make it available as soon as possible, we need it for so many things. You know very well its usefulness. It's not ideal for students to go forging ID cards themselves when it's the school's responsibility to provide students' identity card for every registered student.
SECURITY LIGHT:
Security light (street light): apart from school gate and hostel road, every other place in the school is a cloud of darkness at night. Even between school gate and pavilion is frightening for three people to walk at night.
HIDE OUTS ON WALKWAYS & SPORT COMPLEX
Sometimes when it's raining, and we are caught up between the school gate and pavilion, it becomes a big problem to avoid being drenched by rain. Please do well to create hide outs along the walkways for us.
WALKWAY:
The walkway itself needs renovation.
Everyday, we are urged to use the walk way whereas the walk way is galloping and depleted.
SPORT COMPLEX:
Sport complex also need a hide out from rain. A comfort place where spectators can chrelax to enjoy the game. I cite Auchi poly's as an example.
ROADS:
The road to the School Library needs to be fixed. The road from Iyayi/Kudirat through the back of Rev Martins, through prayer garden/FET to NLT needs to be constructed and drainage system properly designed. The road through Mariere/Rev martins/Emotan to the same road that links to NLT also needs construction and drainage, the road to health centre needs construction, drainage and security light. The drainage system along Environmental Science also needs to be reconstructed.
INFLATION WITHIN THE SCHOOL:
The price of items within the school is just a replicant of what it should be. Firstly, I think it's wrong for other sachet water (pure water) brands to be allowed into the school let alone selling them at N10/sachet. Even our 'own' AAU water is stil sold to us at N10/sachet whereas off campus sell at N5. La casera is sold at N120 within the school and N100 outside school, common egg role that is sold everywhere in Nigeria at N50 is sold at N60 within the school, Biro is N30 within the school and N20 outside school, Pepsi is sold at N80 within the school and N70 outside the school, photocopying is done at N10 within the school for both BEDC power and generator whereas in other schools, photocopy is N3, these and so many other challenges we face from these traders. These people are extorting us. At some point they sell mtn recharge card for N110 'for this world wey we still de so o!' It is our school and not theirs. I thought we have the right to tell them what we want and what they should do for us, if they can't meet our T&C then they check out. It's either they reduce so we can enjoy like students of other schools do or they check out.
SHUTTLE MEN:
the school is not that big, we can't be paying N50 to market square and be paying N30 to FNS. I think N20 is reasonable enough to take anybody to anywhere within the school. And again, I think we want to know the shuttles in our school. Osariemhen motors and co should go and change to AAU shuttle or they check out.
Wifi NETWORK:
this school is big enough to provide a wireless network for us. We need wifi in this school. Wifi is no big thing that AAU can't afford for her students.
HOSTEL MAINTENANCE:
Our hostels are not given any attention in terms of maintenance. Everywhere is always bushy. In fact the rats around Kudirat and Oyearegbulem female hostels are almost as big as cats. For the health safety of us all, there should be a scheduled time for clearing and fumigating, not until the grasses grow into trees or a news of snake bite is reported. The hostels should also be maintained just the same way the school gate is maintained. There should also be an incinerator for each hostel where disposed rubbish can be well treated. I also think every block needs a water tap to reduce the queue at the central tap (sometimes it's frustrating when you come out to fetch water and you meet crowds from other hostels gathered at Rev. Martins lol).
BANKS:
We need banks inside the school please. AAU Update visited Nnamdi Azikwe University Awka last month, though I didn't see anything they have better than we, yet I envied them when I counted about five banks inside the school. You can imagine paying 120 to town just to withdraw 1k especially when you are broke. We also need more ATM's.
FILLING STATION:
We've never seen a moment when that fuel station opposite sport complex sell Kerosene. Wetin de worry them sef? If dem no fit dey represent again make dem check out o. We no go miss dem.
AAUITES know you can do these and we believe you'll do them for us. Please don't disappoint us. Abeg make una try. Anyone who doesn't want to comply with your effort towards the betterment of us all, just give us a GO AHEAD TO CHECK 'EM OUT.
May God give you the strength to succeed in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Peace in your hearts!

From AAU Update on facebook

(1) (Reply)

Apply Online For Indian Colleges | Study In India / Who Actually Killed The Man..? / Nairalanders show us your phone's screen lock (pic) .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.