Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Who Are You Following? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You Following? (398 Views)

Are You Eating Unclean Meat? Are You Following God Laws? / Are You Following Jesus Christ For The Right Reasons? / Are You Following Jesus Or Paul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You Following? by bingbagbo(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2015
SCRPTURE: Mark 3:7-19
Man following a fellow man is nothing new under this sun. Everybody at some instance has at least followed someone or somebody. Men have followed wealthy men, magicians, kings, entertainers and the like. In contemporary times, social media platforms have made it simpler and easier to follow all manners of people and groups by just a click of a button. You don’t even need to know them personally.
I have in the past followed music icons because of my passion for music, athletes and great authors. Some of these men have died; many of them too are currently struggling generally in life. They are not super-human after all contrary to my earlier views concerning them. Funny enough, I have had people follow me from time to time.
I am not saying it is wrong to emulate a man. There is nothing wrong with you emulating a man with a positive cause. As Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 11:1, “You are to imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.” Jesus Christ is the ultimate. He is the person every man needs to follow. The bible states in Mark 3:7, “But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed him,” Of course they followed him for various reasons. Some did for their stomach, others for their infirmities and likely a few for his message. For a believer, you need to follow Christ at all times and for all things. Let us follow him. He, Jesus Christ is the real true celebrity. The one you follow, follows Jesus. Why not you?

(1) (Reply)

A Woman And A Man Are Caned In Indonesia Because They Were Too Close / 2016- "Your Year Of New Beginning" Dr Josh / Who Are You And Why Are You Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.