Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Great Quotes By Nelson Mandela - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Great Quotes By Nelson Mandela (373 Views)

2018 Mandela Washington Fellowship Opens For Application, Deadline October 11 / Top 20 Great Quotes About History / 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Great Quotes By Nelson Mandela by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 07, 2015
Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013)
Two years remembrance of the death of Africa's greatest hero. Some of his best quotes below:

***There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
***I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
***Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
***Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.
***It always seems impossible until it's done.
***I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.
***Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
***Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
***We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
***I am not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying.
***For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
***Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.

(1) (Reply)

NUATE Rally To NCAA, Kicks Against Dana Request For Regional Flights From MMA 2 / A Significant Nutrient To Boost Brain Power / It Includes A Substantial Variety From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.