Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Busted: Media Crowned Mathematics Guru Dr Opeyemi Caught! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Busted: Media Crowned Mathematics Guru Dr Opeyemi Caught! (859 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Opeyemi, Bags First Class Degree In Law From UK University / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Busted: Media Crowned Mathematics Guru Dr Opeyemi Caught! by adepiero: 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Not long ago the whole country was in a frenzy when news broke out on Vanguard newspaper that a Nigerian solved a 156yr old mathematics problem. Later we heard the body in charge refuted the claims and this led a Science blogger and journalist to interview the supposed awardee and this was what ensued via mail
E-MAIL EXCHANGES BETWEEN A BLOGGER AND THE MEDIA-CROWNED NIGERIAN "MATHEMATICS GURU": DR. ENOCH OPEYEMI
[1: From me to him. This is the fourth e-mail, and the one he responded to]
"Greetings Dr. Enoch Opeyemi,
Being a tech blogger and freelance journalist, I am excited to read about your scholarly achievements.
Please, kindly share soft copies of some of your published works, even if it is abstract. Works on prevention of pipeline vandalism, detection of someone on evil mission, and lastly the "controversial" solution to the Riemann hypothesis.
Reading these works and reporting them from a scientist narrative will motivate learners and practitioners of mathematical sciences more.
I will be glad to read from you soonest.
Best regards.
Semiu A. Akanmu"
[2: His response]
"Please,contact the Nobel Laurel who chaired the conference,Dr. Nina Ringo.
Thanks for your interest"
[3: My response]
"Thank you, Dr. Enoch, for your response. I will do as directed.
Can you share other works -detection of a man on an evil mission, prevention of vandalism -with me? Due referencing will be given when these works are used for academic purposes.
Best regards."
[4: His response]
"You are an enemy who poses as a friend and you still intend to steal from me.
well remember that I was not the one who set the date:11/11/2015.
The Almighty God who set the date will ultimately Judge you."
[5: My response]
"I intend to see those works, may be I will have to retract my words and apologize. You have nothing to "steal" from, and you are making unscientific claims.
More than a day have been devoted to rummage the internet, searching for your works. I could only see a Powerpoint presentation on "electricity generation from thunder" together with the abstract on matrix function of the Reinmann beta function. You did not even claim to have solved the Riemann hypothesis, in the published work.
My investigations show you are mainly using the Ekiti clanship and Nigerian nationalistic sympathy to shield yourself from the fraud you are perpetrating. It will not last long.
You are very lucky to have Nigerians as your audience. Unfortunately, some of us will fight this fraud."
P.S:
a. The conference in Vienaa has been found to be a sham. The journal itself is predatory. This is the first journal I am seeing placing journal articles on Amazon.
(Read: http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2015/11/mathematical-enoch-opeyemi-and-making.html)
b. The content of the paper itself does not treat the provision of the Riemann hypothesis problem. The academic life of the man himself does not suggest his innocence and sincerity.
(Read: http://www.semiuakanmu.com/2015/11/on-riemann-hypothesis-nigerian.html)
c. If you have counterargument to what I have laid bare, kindly pick points raised and refute them with counterpoints. Accusations of "jealousy", whatever that means, blackmail, which are sorts of pedestrian tools in public debate are senseless.
d. I have e-mailed Nigeria Mathematical Society and its President. No response yet after 48 hours. I am looking for NNPC public relation's e-mail too and that of VC of Federal University of Oye-Ekiti.
We will do a bit of the work before Boda Musikilu Mojeed have its time. I am sure he will.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-E4uggw_ZivM/Vk9g8fV8ZLI/AAAAAAAAEis/qi6PMYZdtNM/s280/Dr%2BEnoch%2BOpeyemi%252BRiemann%2BHypothesis.jpg[/img]
Re: Busted: Media Crowned Mathematics Guru Dr Opeyemi Caught! by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
He may be protecting his copyright.
Re: Busted: Media Crowned Mathematics Guru Dr Opeyemi Caught! by adepiero: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
He may be protecting his copyright.
I wish that was the case but clearly he is a scam. He has no journal or thesis to his name. You can read the other links too.

I wonder how he was awarded doctorate and the incompetent university he got it from

(1) (Reply)

JAMB, And POST UTME Scores To Study Medicine In Naija / Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help / Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.