Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! (1411 Views)

This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. / Bida Polytechnic students unable to pay school fees after losing money to MMM / HELP!! I Have Been Unable To Check My WAEC Result. Screenshot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hi, this isn't a brief post, but I'd be really grateful if it could be read to the end and possible solutions provided.

I took Jamb last year, medicine and surgery, but it didn't work out, due to some errors with the system at my seat. It made my jamb score low, hence affecting my post ume aggregate. My mum offered me one last chance. She bought me a Pre degree form for pharmacy (cus the medicine is unavailable for Pre degree) and jamb form for the medicine.

I realize that I have to study really really hard to get either of those courses, but it's been three months, and I keep procrastinating. Exams are getting really closer. I can't study. I've tried everything I could, including drawing up different daily schedules, still I can't concentrate.

My main distraction, is my phone though,playing games or watching movies but I can't do away with it for the time being as it contains my study music. Has anyone reading this being in this situation before? I really need help. I don't wanna disappoint myself anymore.

Thanks!

Cc: fynestboi , richiez
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Cutehector(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hey, leme tell u wah i did....

I dropped my fone at home and was phoneless throughout the exam period..

And guess wad, i aced my exams... Very well
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by UniqueGem(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
Aphex:
Hi, this isn't a brief post, but I'd be really grateful if it could be read to the end and possible solutions provided.

I took Jamb last year, medicine and surgery, but it didn't work out, due to some errors with the system at my seat. It made my jamb score low, hence affecting my post ume aggregate. My mum offered me one last chance. She bought me a Pre degree form for pharmacy (cus the medicine is unavailable for Pre degree) and jamb form for the medicine.

I realize that I have to study really really hard to get either of those courses, but it's been three months, and I keep procrastinating. Exams are getting really closer. I can't study. I've tried everything I could, including drawing up different daily schedules, still I can't concentrate.

My main distraction, is my phone though,playing games or watching movies but I can't do away with it for the time being as it contains my study music. Has anyone reading this being in this situation before? I really need help. I don't wanna disappoint myself anymore.

Thanks!

You are not ready yet.
You know your problem, you don't want to get rid of it and you come here for us to perform magic for you or what?
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
UniqueGem:

You are not ready yet.
You know your problem, you don't want to get rid of it and you come here for us to perform magic for you or what?
Dude, I can't study without the music, that's the problem.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
Cutehector , but I'm home now. Are u suggesting I get rid of my phone until after all exams? Which will be by March-April by the way.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by UniqueGem(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Aphex:
Dude, I can't study without the music, that's the problem.
Then get a music player.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by MrTips: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Aphex:

Thanks!
Your Problem is Addiction. First Try deal with that bad habit you're addicted to. I told a guy a couple of month ago about this addiction stuff.

https://www.nairaland.com/2637069/9-success-tips-poor-students#39111389

When you finally get rid of it, you're good to go and kick-start studies.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
UniqueGem:
Then get a music player.
... Yeah. That's a point. Thanks a lot for Ur contribution.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
MrTips , getting over this addiction before beginning to study would take quite a while, plus it won't be easy, as I'm usually alone most times.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by MrTips: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
Aphex:
MrTips , getting over this addiction before beginning to study would take quite a while, plus it won't be easy, as I'm usually alone most times.
Well, but you still need to get rid of it, it will pay off in the long run, hope you know there are lot more exams and tests to write and prepare for when u get admitted. Dont try to study hard, rather study smart. Just be tactical to discorver when & how is best for you to study and assimilate.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
MrTips:
Well, but you still need to get rid of it, it will pay off in the long run, hope you know there are lot more exams and tests to write and prepare for when u get admitted. Dont try to study hard, rather study smart. Just be tactical to discorver when & how is best for you to study and assimilate.
. Alright. Thank u very much.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by ogunsinamayowa(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
i can feel you. i have been in your shoe before. i will recommend an app that worked for me . just type "self control for study " on google store.

the app worked like magic.its an effective app to curb addiction to one's smartphone. you said u have written a time table or rather study plan but you find it difficult to adhere to it. just set the app time to a particular time you want to study, like the we set alarm clock, and choose only the apps that will not distract you during study.u have to be sincere here if you want to help yourself. since you said u like music, choose music app, adobe pdf reader, dictionary, calculator, message and contact. after u have done this, the app will restraints you from gaining access to the other apps or your phone features you do not choose when setting the time frame you want to study.just like alarm. when you set a time between 1pm to 5pm,the will block access to the other apps and features untill 5pm. i type in hasty. quote my reply when u need any info about d app. it will really work for you. trust me. and dont deceive yourself by choosing apps that will distract you like browser, whatsapp and Facebook. peace
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by somtoto(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
i guess u shd try reading for a short tym like 20-30mins everyday.agter trying for a week u increase your tym.i trid weni was in sec sch n it worked
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
somtoto , ogunsinamayowa , thanks for your contributions. I'll try both.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Cutehector(m): 10:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Aphex:
Cutehector , but I'm home now. Are u suggesting I get rid of my phone until after all exams? Which will be by March-April by the way.
yes... I did it... So can you.. We are talkn abt ur exams here.. Ur fone will still be available wen ur exams are over so make dat sacrifice.. Its worth doin.. Get a small fone for calls..
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by Aphex(m): 6:35am On Dec 08, 2015
Cutehector:
yes... I did it... So can you.. We are talkn abt ur exams here.. Ur fone will still be available wen ur exams are over so make dat sacrifice.. Its worth doin.. Get a small fone for calls..
. Alright. Thanks a lot bro.
Re: I'm Unable To Study, Please Help! by aulmatro: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2015
Season’s Bonanza: Get “The Making Of A First Class Student" Now At A Giveaway Price on this link: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/42388/seasonrsquos-bonanza-get-ldquothe-making-of-a-first-class-student-now-at-a-giveaway-price.html

(1) (Reply)

What do you think about this Simple BODMAS? / 2016 Waec Answer Link (civic Education Now Available) For Free / Is IMT ENUGU Hostel Fee A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.