Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Bank Biometric Verification Number - BVN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Biometric Verification Number - BVN (940 Views)

Find Out How To Check Your Bank Verification Number (bvn) Before The Deadline / How To Know Your Bank Verification Number(bvn) / CBN Bank Verification Number: Can You Use ATM Without Having BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Biometric Verification Number - BVN by mohamosh: 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
The Idea of BVN is fantastic. However, like every other policies in Nigeria, simple implementation is lacking. I registered for my BVN at GT Bank in Palmgrove more than 7 months ago and I linked my BVN number to my Diamond bank account immediately. Everything went well until about 3 weeks ago when Diamond bank blocked my account stating the issue of BVN. After meeting Diamond, I was told the information on my BVN does not tally with their own info about me. Basically, It is Date Of Birth difference. At GTB, It is 1985 and At Diamond It is 1983.
I rushed to GT Bank palmgrove to correct the mistake presenting affidavit and ID (Travel Passport) as required. The customer service told me It will take GTBank 24hours to correct on their platform while NIBSS (Operators of BVN as backed by CBN) will take 5 working days.

It is more than 2 weeks, yet NIBSS has not updated my BVN as a result am unable to operate my Diamond Bank account. It is like I am being held to ransom the past 2 weeks as I have been crippled financially.

I visit GT Bank Palmgrove daily, even had to speak to the Manager yet they keep telling me NIBSS is yet to approve my update. I called NIBSS headquarters in Lagos, they told me GT Bank is the problem. So I am confused and the inaccessibility of my Diamond account is killing me as I have a lot to do with the funds lying there.

Please help out in anyway you can.

Thank you.
Re: Bank Biometric Verification Number - BVN by julicoka(f): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2015
Pls have they settle your problem such thing is happening to me now
mohamosh:
The Idea of BVN is fantastic. However, like every other policies in Nigeria, simple implementation is lacking. I registered for my BVN at GT Bank in Palmgrove more than 7 months ago and I linked my BVN number to my Diamond bank account immediately. Everything went well until about 3 weeks ago when Diamond bank blocked my account stating the issue of BVN. After meeting Diamond, I was told the information on my BVN does not tally with their own info about me. Basically, It is Date Of Birth difference. At GTB, It is 1985 and At Diamond It is 1983.
I rushed to GT Bank palmgrove to correct the mistake presenting affidavit and ID (Travel Passport) as required. The customer service told me It will take GTBank 24hours to correct on their platform while NIBSS (Operators of BVN as backed by CBN) will take 5 working days.

It is more than 2 weeks, yet NIBSS has not updated my BVN as a result am unable to operate my Diamond Bank account. It is like I am being held to ransom the past 2 weeks as I have been crippled financially.

I visit GT Bank Palmgrove daily, even had to speak to the Manager yet they keep telling me NIBSS is yet to approve my update. I called NIBSS headquarters in Lagos, they told me GT Bank is the problem. So I am confused and the inaccessibility of my Diamond account is killing me as I have a lot to do with the funds lying there.

Please help out in anyway you can.

Thank you.
Re: Bank Biometric Verification Number - BVN by destiny10: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
Having same problem with first bank too.
I registered for BVN early this year at first bank, opened current and savings acc.while I also operated gtb. Few weeks ago my gtb account and the two first bank acc. were blocked because of bvn. I quickly linked my bvn that was registered at first bank with gtb acc. at ATM point took me 2min. Then I went to fill bvn form in FIrstbank. For 2weeks now first bank is yet to link my bvn registered with them 8months ago. It really sad and claimed to be the best in Nigeria.
Re: Bank Biometric Verification Number - BVN by donsteady(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
My brother tell them you want to close your account right away. And you will see the magic

(1) (Reply)

Customised Flags: Car Flag, Hand Flags, Table Flags / These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira-Nairametrics / Natural Human Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.