Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,505 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards (651 Views)

Nollywood Stars At 2016 AMVCA After-party(photos) / Vic O Says This Is Why He Wasn't Nominated At Headies / Que Peller Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Perform Magic On Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by villabiz: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nominations for the 58th Annual Grammy Awards was announced by Alicia Keys on CBS This Morning Monday.The Grammys is set to air Monday, Feb. 15, 2016...Kendrick Lamar leads with 11 nominations.

Sad no Nigerian made the list.

Album of the Year
Alabama Shakes, Sound and Color
Kendrick Lamar, To love-vendor a Butterfly
Chris Stapleton, Traveler
Taylor Swift, 1989
The Weeknd, Beauty Behind the Madness

Song of the Year
Kendrick Lamar, "Alright"
Taylor Swift, "Blank Space"
Little Big Town, "Girl Crush"
Wiz Kahifa feat. Charlie Puth, "See You Again"
Ed Sheeran, "Thinking Out Loud"

Record of the Year
D'Angelo and the Vanguard, "Really Love"
Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars, "Uptown Funk"
Ed Sheeran, "Thinking Out Loud"
Taylor Swift, "Blank Space"
The Weeknd, "Can't Feel my Face"

Best New Artist
Courtney Barnett
James Bay
Sam Hunt
Tori Kelly

Meghan Trainor

More on the nominations :http://www.toniaodili.com/2015/12/no-nigerian-nominated-at-2016-grammys.html?m=0

Re: No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by kingsken29: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
2016 Grammy awards Nomination list-The 2016 [url]=Grammy awards[/url] ceremony will be holding on Monday,February 15,2016 at the staples center in Los Angeles, California united state of america.so many person are still very much interested to know the the purpose of this ceremony,well i will be very happy to tell you that, the great ceremony is aimed at recognizing the best recordings composition and artist of the eligible year,which will run from October 1,2014 to September 30, 2015
Re: No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by tpiar: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Do you know how many countries are in this world?
Re: No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by silverdam(m): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
Shey with the noise Nigerian singers make? We're you expecting Yemi Alade's Johnny or Olamide's Wobe to be nominated. It will be a disgrace if any was nominated. Cos they all make noise except few.
Re: No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by bennifield11(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
The album of the year award should go to skales-man of the year.video of the year should go to olamide-shakitibobo...lol,I enjoy them noise though but,truth must be told.few nigerians know much about music,most of them are noise makers and business men,,can someone go and listen to africa's version of we're the world and you'll judge by yourself.
Re: No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by youngvic406: 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
Make we cry....if for say dem day sing better tin day for nominate dem na.....mtchewwww
Make I continue my sleep jor
Re: No Nigerian Artiste Nominated At 2016 Grammy Awards by famobaba(m): 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
Jidenna got a Grammy Nomination and last time I checked, he is a Nigerian. Plz get your facts right bro

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Makeup Photos Of Joke Silva / Ex-beauty Queen Debota Lawson Reveals Her Plans For The New Year (Photo) / Davido Provides Evidence Of Marijuana Found In Daughter's System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.