Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? (899 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 17/08/2017) Everlasting Father / ā€˜iā€™m NOT JESUS!ā€ - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2015
Isaiah 9:6: Is Jesus the Everlasting Father?

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

Oneness Pentecostal believers deny the Trinity and teach that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all one person. They sometimes quote Isaiah 9:6 in their attempt to prove their position. However, Isaiah 9:6 cannot be used to disprove the Trinity nor bolster their Oneness doctrine.

When Isaiah 9:6 says that Jesus' name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, etc., it is not saying that Jesus is the eternal Father but that He has the characteristics of God. In other words, Jesus has all the attributes of God--including eternality.

In the ancient Jewish culture, names had meanings. We can better understand this by noting American Indian names such as "Running Wolf" or "Fighting Bear." The same with Jewish names. They had meanings. Isaac, for example, means "laughter." Noah means "rest" or "peace." So, when Isaiah is speaking of the name of the coming Messiah and says His name will be Mighty God, Eternal Father, etc., it is telling us about the characteristics of the Messiah to come in a prophetic manner.

If Jesus' name is "Eternal Father," then why don't we call Jesus "Eternal Father"? For that matter, why don't we call His name "Wonderful Counselor," or "Mighty God" or "Prince of Peace"? The text speaks of a name, yet has four things revealed in the name. Again, this shows us that it is the characteristics of the then-coming Messiah. The fact that the Messiah would be divine is verified in Heb. 1:3 when it says, "And He [Jesus] is the radiance of His [God] glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power . . . " This also explains why Jesus said, " . . . He who has seen Me has seen the Father," (John 14:9). It was because Jesus so precisely represented God the Father as His prophesied name reveals.

Furthermore, the Oneness Pentecostal people assert that God's name is really "Jesus." If that is true and if Jesus is the Eternal Father as they claim, then why don't they call Jesus "The Eternal Father" as His name? Does it also mean the mode that God is in right now is that of the Father since His name is "Eternal Father" implying He is always the Father? If that is taken literally, then God is the Eternal Father, and the true person of the Godhead is the Father--not the Son as the Oneness people assert.

The Oneness Pentecostal theology is incorrect and improperly describes the true and living God.

https://carm.org/everlasting-father
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:31am On Dec 08, 2015
Pastor ola, you no dey tire?
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Dec 08, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Pastor ola, you no dey tire?

The devil no dey tire. shocked
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:40am On Dec 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The devil no dey tire. shocked

You may not compare your mortal self to my immortal Supreme Master.
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On Dec 08, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

You may not compare your mortal self to my immortal Supreme Master.

Guess what happened to your master. shocked

"Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep"
(Psalm 121:4).

Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:03am On Dec 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Guess what happened to your master. shocked

(Psalm 121:4).

My Master is still alive and yours is bleeding.
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by Scholar8200(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2015
No HE is not but He shares all the attributes of the Everlasting Father. The emphasis of Isaiah 9:6 is that the Son prophesied is One Who has been from Everlasting like the Father, meaning HE was not created. The Hebrew rendition of that passage underscores this.
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

My Master is still alive and yours is bleeding.

Jesus' blood is your master's greatest nightmare. shocked

1 Share

Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus' blood is your master's greatest nightmare. shocked

It took you 2 days to summon the courage to respond to me.
Satan is Great.
Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

It took you 2 days to summon the courage to respond to me.
Satan is Great.

There are better things to do than to give attention to a foe who has been defeated at the cross. I only added to the graphics I had already posted. satan is a liar and he has been defeated at the cross of Calvary. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
Scholar8200:

No HE is not but He shares all the attributes of the Everlasting Father. The emphasis of Isaiah 9:6 is that the Son prophesied is One Who has been from Everlasting like the Father, meaning HE was not created. The Hebrew rendition of that passage underscores this.

Well said. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus The Everlasting Father? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07am On Dec 02, 2019
Is Jesus the everlasting Father?

(1) (Reply)

Witch Doctor Reveals Interesting Things About Popular Pastor TB Joshua / Is Judaism the oldest religion? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/04/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.