Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist (612 Views)

Urgent Keyboardist Needed / Pls I Need Hint On Starting A A Mini Radio Studio Station / Im Looking For A Church That Needs A Keyboardist Within Ilupeju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist by teebidap: 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Somebody pls help me with a simple and unique way to be able to play tonic sofa notes on keyboard easily.I can chord on only key c but I don't know how to spot each sofa note very well..nobody thought me how to play,i just started playing it and that's it
Re: Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
teebidap:
Somebody pls help me with a simple and unique way to be able to play tonic sofa notes on keyboard easily.I can chord on only key c but I don't know how to spot each sofa note very well..nobody thought me how to play,i just started playing it and that's it
Don't really get your question. So reply 1:
If you can spot C, just skip a black note and the next white note is D, skip the next black note and you're on E. The next note is F. There's no black note between E and F, so the distance between any two neighbouring notes is called a "semi-tone". Skip the black note after F and you have G. Skip the black note in front of G and you land on A. Skip the black note to the right of A, and you're on note B. After B, the next note is C again. This pattern repeats itself across the keyboard. BTW...the distance between two white notes with a black note between them is called a "whole-tone". As for the black notes, they are called enharmonic notes and can take the same note letter as either the note to their left or the one to the right. E.g, the black note next to C can be called C# (C sharp) or Db (D flat). So C# or Eb is still the same note with the same pitch (sound). The scale you're on will determine how they're named. Your should check youtube or google "music intervals and scales for beginners". But if you wish to learn faster, get someone around to tutor you.

Reply two:
There are formulas for building chords. It all depends on the chord quaility (major or minor, etc). You can use these formulas to build chords on any note. For the major scale, it is: 1-3-5. Meaning you play your root note, skip four semi-tones from the root (count four notes - including black ones) and you get your 3rd, then skip 3 semi-tones from the 3rd and that will be your 5th, and you have your major triad chord. Listen closely to the sound. The major triad always sound happy and cheerful. If we try to use this formula on note C, our major triad chord will be made up of notes C, E, and G. So C-E-G is a maJor chord.
For minor chords it's the opposite: So 1-3b-5 is the formula. Just count 3 semi-tones from your root note and you'll get your 3rd, and from the 3rd count four semitones and that will give you your fifth. But once you know your Major chords, you can easily find the minor ones by just dropping the 3rd of any major chord by a semitone. Let's use C major (C-E-G) chord as an example. If you drop the 3rd (E) by a semi-tone it becomes Eb or D# so a C minor chord is simply C-Eb-G...we don't call the note D# in this case for a reason that you shouldn't worry yourself about - for now. You'll learn the naming conventions later. Well, unlike major chords, minor chords sound mellow/sad. Play C major and then C minor and listen to the difference. Best of luck.

Michellla ...see yourself. I'm doing teacher here when I should be learning French from you. Hmm...it's not fair o. cheesy
Re: Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist by teebidap: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
LoL thanks Rick even though it seem like you just typed in Dutch cos its like I need an interpreter smiley but all the same I wish I could come for classes but I barely have time,i dey try..do u reside around ilupeju axis of lagos? Pls add me up 2AFBE9B/08030926872 BBM whatsapp
Re: Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist by Michellla(f): 11:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
RickRichards:

Don't really get your question. So reply 1:
If you can spot C, just skip a black note and the next white note is D, skip the next black note and you're on E. The next note is F. There's no black note between E and F, so the distance between any two neighbouring notes is called a "semi-tone". Skip the black note after F and you have G. Skip the black note in front of G and you land on A. Skip the black note to the right of A, and you're on note B. After B, the next note is C again. This pattern repeats itself across the keyboard. BTW...the distance between two white notes with a black note between them is called a "whole-tone". As for the black notes, they are called enharmonic notes and can take the same note letter as either the note to their left or the one to the right. E.g, the black note next to C can be called C# (C sharp) or Db is still the same note with the same pitch (sound). The scale you're on will determine
aww.such a good teacher cry cheesy
Re: Pls I Need A Good Keyboardist by seydyy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
Get inspired, lift up your spirit PLAY/ DOWNLOAD Carolina track Nice track, good jam By SEYDY CLICK THE LINK BELOW http://tindeck.com/listen/kpeic tanks Pls Rebroadcast. @seydyy

(1) (Reply)

Topnotch Mixing And Mastering Services In Lagos / Design A Great Looking Minisite - Easy / 15k A Track @ New Improved Phat Wall Studios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.